Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 05:40 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Excellent point.
dear god!!! How can this trial have been going on now since June 10th and you people have no clue that an affirmative defense has been filed by Zimmerman which means he has to put on a prima facie case that it was self defense???

Old 06-28-2013, 05:42 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Even if that is the case you are still going to get at ONE blow in, and according to the autopsy there was not a mark on Trayvon stating that he was hit.

I'll wait till the evidence is presented.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:46 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I predict this will be treated in the end like a crime of passion - one of rage...The short story will be - GZ - confronts the kid...The kid looks at GZ and does not respect him because he is a little twerp....GZ insults the kid - TM punches him out in one or two blows...GZ is knocked to the ground...He is totally humiliated and enraged to be punched out so quickly by a kid...then he lifts himself off the ground - points and shoots... Involuntary man slaughter. Zimmerman did not go out with the intent to murder...he simply lost it.
The way I see it is no matter how they arrived at the point, once they were on the ground and Z was getting pounded it's pure self defense.

So far there has been no testimony GZ was the aggressor.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:47 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Zimmerman is a sneaky, racist, beady-eyed ignoramus. A conniver extraordinaire. He was carrying a concealed weapon and spotted TM. TM simply minding his own business, eating Skittles. TM had been the victim of racism in the past, maybe even earlier that day. Black youth face some form of racial discrimination as a common experience of their daily iives. Racists who side with GZ ignore this fact, even as they themselves practice discrimination as a matter of course. Black youth are frequently profiled. Such is the case here. TM spotted GZ following him, singling him out because of his race and the way he dressed. He called him a name when talking on his cell phone, but so what? Referring to an ignorant racist by a derogatory name when talking to a third party is not a crime, and IMO justified.

GZ had a concealed weapon and wanted to use it on one of these black young men he deeply despised. GZ was told to stay in the car, but he approached TM and insulted the boy in such a way that would cause TM to take offense. GZ had a choice: 1) he could show that he had a weapon at which time TM would likely have restrained himself since he didn't want to die; or 2) he could NOT show his weapon, encouraging TM to fight him physically so that GZ could give witnesses the impression that TM was getting the better of him. GZ chose the SECOND option since he wanted to use that weapon.

Having gotten the boy to take the bait, GZ shot the boy as he was pleading for his life. GZ is a sick, maggot of an individual. This trial will not fall in his favor, and racists everywhere will once again see that there is no place in this society for supremely backwards and vile racists like GZ. Killing a kid simply for "eating Skittles while black" is a heinous crime that should land that sneaky conniver in jail for the rest of his life.

This is how it will play out. GZ going down for this.
DM me if you'd care to place a wager on that.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:48 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If that being the case (not able to defend himself w/o a gun) maybe his punkass should not be going out following people at night.
Maybe. Doesn't change the facts of the case, however.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Perhaps, but to this point the evidence to support your theory has not been brought forth. Perhaps it will, but it isn't looking like it will be...
I'm still wondering whether or not there has been a hearing regarding the defense opening the door to allow evidence in of zimmerman's past with that witness yesterday. There was a proffer made to the Court, after the jury was sent out of the courtroom, and I don't remember hearing the Judge rule on that issue. Then the witness was excused, SUBJECT TO RECALL, which means she may come back and testify about Zimmerman's reputation. However, if the Court does rule that evidence of Zimmerman's reputation/character can come in, it's not doing the State much good RIGHT NOW as they question these witnesses. Maybe they just want to get the records of Zimmerman's past encounters with law enforcement and the domestic violence incident in evidence so those documents can go back into the jury room with the jury when they deliberate as well as use that information in closing arguments.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:52 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Did I hear right that Zimmerman studied mixed martial arts, not that it is relevant to the case, but it is mighty interesting to me?

Old 06-28-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The way I see it is no matter how they arrived at the point, once they were on the ground and Z was getting pounded it's pure self defense.

So far there has been no testimony GZ was the aggressor.
What trial are you watching?

Old 06-28-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Did I hear right that Zimmerman studied mixed martial arts, not that it is relevant to the case, but it is mighty interesting to me?
Yes, you heard right. The PA testified to that.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:56 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

Yes...three times a week, IIRC.

Physician assistant: George Zimmerman trained 'MMA style' | News 13
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies