Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 11:29 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times

Advertisements

So, question for y'all. Has anyone figured out WHY the prosecution called the TMobile guy or the IT guy from the security camera company??

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Oh, I completely agree George was out of line to follow him. I likely would have thought him creepy as well. However, that would not give me free license to attack him either. If Martin attacked Zimmerman, it's self-defense. If Zimmerman attacked Martin, there's great evidence for murder. Problem is, there doesn't seem to be any evidence which of those aforementioned scenarios occurred.
My point exactly. We don't know what led to the confrontation. We don't know who initiated the confrontation. We have 1 person's word and his word is questionable. He is fighting for his freedom. He isn't likely to admit that he started it. Not that, that means he did.
Both individuals screwed up. Both have a past with issues.
GZ will likely walk because of lack of any real evidence, or at least none so far.
It is galling how many try to paint GZ as hero and TM as a thug. From what we have seen they both seemed to aspire to be something they were not and likely never could be.
The two sides often act like groupies following their heroes.

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
True....But, they only met up after George made that happen. And, the back way...Trayvon was attempting to lose George, who was at that time parked in front of the mailbox area...dogging him. George was in vehicle....Trayvon was going along the path....a walking path, to avoid George following him in his truck......George had a different plan.
Too bad the evidence and testimony don't support your little theory. If M was trying to lose George, why didn't he simply walk inside his (father's girlfriends) house? Why leave there and approach him near the T if he was trying to lose him? And if you're responsibility as a NW volunteer is to "observe and report", which he was doing, how would he do so without following and observing from a distance? The testimony supports the theory that G was at or near the T, about 200 feet from Ms house, and was there throughout part of his call to dispatch. Makes sense as a location to try to observe from and report to police. Too bad M decided to attack an innocent man, but when you do so, sometime you find that he isn't the helpless victim you intend.

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
Quote:
Out of curiosity, how do you suppose black Conservatives and white Liberals think?
Liberals are for Martin, Conservatives for Zimmerman. I believe a factor in conservatives rallying around Zimmerman is the fact that Martin is black, similar to how they are rallying behind Paula Deen right now(white woman spouting the n word, wanting to host a slave wedding). I don't think conservatives, specifically white conservatives, care that Zimmerman killed Martin.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times
Quote:
So, question for y'all. Has anyone figured out WHY the prosecution called the TMobile guy or the IT guy from the security camera company??
I was wondering why they called the TMobile guy myself. Unless it was to verify that there were no stored messages from Tm's phone.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:33 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Your opinions as a court room observer are far more reliable and interesting than those who have made fools of themselves whilst admitting they didn't watch.
There are some of us who don't stay glued to their computer day-after-day all day commenting drivel as you do.

Some people do have a life you know. And work. Jobs. Stuff like that.

Hmmm, you do know what jobs and work are don't you? Just wondering given the amount of time you post.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:33 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
It is not illegal to follow someone in the light or the dark. So you cannot make a preemptive attack against them. You'd be guilty of assault. What you should do is immediately get on your phone, call the police, and loudly tell the person to quit following you.
If it's night-time on a dark street, and let's say every turn you take, every block you cross you notice that someone is following you, usually that would be someone who is going to mug you. So there must be something on the books that would at least qualify that as menacing or suspicious activity. I would probably try to lose the person, or go up to a house that looked occupied. I don't think I would speak to a person following me.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:35 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
There are some of us who don't stay glued to their computer day-after-day all day commenting drivel as you do.

Some people do have a life you know. And work. Jobs. Stuff like that.

Hmmm, you do know what jobs and work are don't you? Just wondering given the amount of time you post.
Maybe you should read more.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:36 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Oh, I completely agree George was out of line to follow him. I likely would have thought him creepy as well. However, that would not give me free license to attack him either. If Martin attacked Zimmerman, it's self-defense. If Zimmerman attacked Martin, there's great evidence for murder. Problem is, there doesn't seem to be any evidence which of those aforementioned scenarios occurred.
Well, week one just concluded...We'll see what next week brings. But, given the things we do know, that George was following in his truck, that he then followed on foot...persued this teen...Even when asked not to. We know Trayvon ran...We heard George say so on the call. Geroge followed.... The best predictor of a persons actions......

Not sure all the things we know will be negated by the things we don't....afterall the reason we don't have the other firsthand account is because George shot him.

So, have you completely caught up on the trial? I know you were watching and trying to do so a couple of days ago.
I appreciate your perspective. This is one of those cases that for so many of us...there seems to be little grey area. We are either for or against the defense.

Last edited by JanND; 06-29-2013 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: edit text

Old 06-29-2013, 11:37 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
I think not. It's MY experiment but feel free to put me on ignore. That should solve your issue with me.
Then you don't understand the concept of experiment. Do whatever. But then it becomes meaningless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies