Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 07:56 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,007,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Mr. Martin was not a criminal. It seems to be forgotten that Mr. Martin did nothing at all that night but walk to the store to buy pop and candy. So when Mr. Zimmerman assumed he was a criminal on drugs...
Trayvon Martin was on drugs.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:56 AM

18,151 posts, read 15,578,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Exactly. Yesterday's testimony finally squashed one of the Travonista's biggest memes of this whole case. And also demonstrated just how blatantly some MSM networks have lied about this case. CNN was repeating this lie as recently as last week.
Well. if this turns out to NOT be a white, racist, wacko with a gun, as ( if I may borrow a term her) the "Trayvonistas" seem so eager for it to be, a good crisis goes to waste. From where I'm sitting, a LOT of people are willing to stretch Zimmermans neck, based on the sole fact that Martin was black. Some of this rhetoric is just wild, in its enthusiasm that Zimmerman is Kloset Klan, comes out at night to stalk and kill black kids! Sheesh! ! Honestly, I think these rush to judgement types need to see REAL racism. The commonplace, daily, and accepted type of racism. Where killing someone of a different race isa "just because" thing, cultivated in a culture. Places where mixed race isa abies are thrown in the river, and the mothers hacked up with bolos.

Any more, I flat refuse to look at race as a motive in murder trials, unless it is completely apparent, preferably admitted to. This trial is NOT such a case. I can surmise, that possibly, Martin and Zimmerman tradex insults with race as the basis for choice of adjectives abead of nouns you don't find in Websters. Still, the motive for the killing is NOT racial.

Seems a lot of people want it to be. This makes me wonder, why? If Zimmerman gets acquitted, will ee see a Rodney King 2.0? More Reginald Denny type incidents, exacted in retribution for poor Treyvon? Not a far fetched possibility. If the jury pool is as tainted as I'm being led to think, Zimmermans future is a short fall from a long drop, ending violently at the end of a rope. This, unless irrefutable evidence is actually presented to the jury. I am doubting, that, "reasonable doubt" may be enough. We shall see....

Old 06-25-2013, 07:57 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,397,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
That's pretty funny. "Prove it, and after you prove it I still won't believe it"
Let me guess. You're not going to believe ANY of the State's witnesses, regardless of who they are and what they say.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:59 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,397,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Trayvon Martin was on drugs.
Not according to the Medical Examiner's report.....

Old 06-25-2013, 08:04 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,395,916 times
Quote:
Mr. Martin was not a criminal. It seems to be forgotten that Mr. Martin did nothing at all that night but walk to the store to buy pop and candy. So when Mr. Zimmerman assumed he was a criminal on drugs, and called him an a hole and a f-ing punk, he was talking about someone who had done nothing to deserve those labels at all. Mr. Zimmerman didn't see Mr. Martin break the law. He saw Mr. Martin walking around.

I don't know why people don't find it odd that upon seeing Mr. Martin walking Mr. Zimmerman felt he was a criminal, who was on drugs, who was a a hole and a f-ing punk.

Again, if one only looks at things through Mr. Zimmerman's eyes I guess that seeing a 17 year old teenager and thinking all of these ill thoughts about him is ok and normal, but viewed from Mr. Martin's perspective it means Mr. ZImmerman viewed him in a hostile manner and followed him aggressively for no reason.
I'll be completely honest with you. If I lived in an area that had several break ins, and all of them were perpetrated by young males that all had the same looks, be it black or white or whatever, I'd be frustrated and a little hostile too. So if I see someone that looks out of place, fits the same description, and is walking around in the rain at night like he was, I'd be suspicious as well.

Only a natural feeling.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:10 AM

No matter what happens in this case, there will continue to be those that insist their are racial overtones. There are many white racists, and many black racists. We've come a long way, but it will take much longer. There will always be racists on all sides, always.

It would be extremely unfortunate if there were violent events after the trial, as it would only further and extend people's feelings. Everytime something like that happens, it is a major setback in racial relations. There is a natural frustration on both sides, some of it is very legitimate due to real events, some of it is simply racism. Many people can't tell the difference between the two, and many people don;t even know they are racist even if shown their own statements.

Such is life.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:12 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,488,745 times
Quote:
Mr. Martin was not a criminal. It seems to be forgotten that Mr. Martin did nothing at all that night but walk to the store to buy pop and candy. So when Mr. Zimmerman assumed he was a criminal on drugs, and called him an a hole and a f-ing punk, he was talking about someone who had done nothing to deserve those labels at all. Mr. Zimmerman didn't see Mr. Martin break the law. He saw Mr. Martin walking around.

I don't know why people don't find it odd that upon seeing Mr. Martin walking Mr. Zimmerman felt he was a criminal, who was on drugs, who was a a hole and a f-ing punk.

Again, if one only looks at things through Mr. Zimmerman's eyes I guess that seeing a 17 year old teenager and thinking all of these ill thoughts about him is ok and normal, but viewed from Mr. Martin's perspective it means Mr. ZImmerman viewed him in a hostile manner and followed him aggressively for no reason.
His reaction and suspicion isn't at all odd. I can understand why gz had suspicions And why tm would feel fear, anger, nervous.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:18 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,285,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
His reaction and suspicion isn't at all odd. I can understand why gz had suspicions And why tm would feel fear, anger, nervous.
To me it is odd. When someone isn't breaking the law to be suspicious of them and assume they are a criminal and an a-hole, and a f-ing punk are extreme opinions to hold.

Please explain what it was about Mr. Martin that justified that opinion about him being formed by Mr. Zimmerman.

Of course Mr. Martin had a right to be terrified. A grown man with a loaded gun was following him in his car and on foot. That is normal behavior.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Absolutely, for both of them.

I can also feel for GZ's frustration given that many of this azzholes Do get away, and have in the past. Which leads one to wonder, how frustrated was GZ?

Old 06-25-2013, 08:21 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,488,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Not according to the Medical Examiner's report.....
You make it sound like the ME report conludes tm was not smoking marijuana that night. Unless you're some type of thc expert, your interpretation of the thc levels in tm's blood isn't worth much.

If the tox report is admitted and experts testify, Then you'll have a basis to state their opinions are based on the ME's report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.