Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 12:43 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Exactly. And when I feel fearful and nervous, I get the hell outta there. If I'm close to home, that's where I'd go. I'd lock the door and call the cops. I certainly wouldn't circle back and call my so-called girlfriend. If he was fearful, he should have called 911.
Which is what GZ should have done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
a community is rocked by recient burgleries , a punk kid EXPELLED from school, for having stolen property, and drug parfaranlia in his possession, is observered casing houses as he goes to get "skittle and tea" a known street drug called 'lean', sees the community watch guy watching him, attacks the community watch guy and is the process is accidently shot and killed
GZ had no knowledge of the bold. He was not observed casing houses. GZ's own statement is that TM looked like he was up to no good, not that he was casing houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
And you base that conclusion on what evidence or testimony?
He had no burglary tools on his person.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:43 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,035,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
OMG. I wish I could watch this without the live chat. I keep reading the comments even tho I don't want to. Why are the news stations allowing these blantantly racist comments to be aired?
No chat here

ETA: 20 minute break right now though.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:45 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Then that is new information for me. When this whole thing hit the media, everyone was saying that zimmerman was 'self-appointed'. I don't think I 'fell for a lie', I just have not followed every single tidbit of information on this case. Life gets in the way sometimes! LOL

I don't care if he was chosen by other people or not. It just rubbed me the wrong way. I guess my information was out-of-date.

On a side note: I find it hard to picture zimmerman as a 'captain' of anything!
I'm guessing your biggest mistake was falling for the loads and loads of misinformation posted by the so-called legal experts right here on this forum.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:45 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Certainly not hearing many objections from the defense, the state is making a good case!
What do you want them to object to? The prosecution's witnesses that are saying how respectful and helpful Zimmerman is or the one who explained how someone following a previous burglar (17-18 black teenager, BTW) led to an arrest?
O'Mara was smiling while listening to the answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Then that is new information for me. When this whole thing hit the media, everyone was saying that zimmerman was 'self-appointed'. I don't think I 'fell for a lie', I just have not followed every single tidbit of information on this case. Life gets in the way sometimes! LOL

I don't care if he was chosen by other people or not. It just rubbed me the wrong way. I guess my information was out-of-date.

On a side note: I find it hard to picture zimmerman as a 'captain' of anything!

This is my favorite tactic on this case. People make a claim, then they are proven wrong, and say, "So what, it's not like it matters."

lol

Old 06-25-2013, 12:46 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
OMG. I wish I could watch this without the live chat. I keep reading the comments even tho I don't want to. Why are the news stations allowing these blantantly racist comments to be aired?
I don't read live chat. Are the racist comments about the black guy, white guy, the white/hispanic guy, or all of them ?

Old 06-25-2013, 12:46 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
You can watch it without chat a bunch of places. Try wildabouttrial, mediaite (sp?), or any of the local Orlando stations.
Quote:
Blow it up to full screen and you won't see anything but the courtroom.
I'm watching on TV. I'm local and they all have live Twitter/chat streams going across the bottom. I started with Wesh2 but I got tired of their comments and then switched over to channel 9; but they're even worse with their #zimmerman09. I miss the pre-twitter world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
attempt to deflect fail

casing is OBSERVING
casing and observing aren't the same thing...did Zimmerman say he was casing the houses? I don't recall but I thought he just said he was looking at the houses.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:50 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................... .....

lol

P.S. There are windows in the front, too, and the end units have side windows.

Too bad there's nothing lower than FAIL. Double FAIL? You should probably just admit you were wrong and deal with it.

Dear God, you're obtuse. The house you copied wasn't even on the same street that Martin and Zimmerman were on. As you can see, your assumption that you were seeing a window behind that tree is wrong. The post I was replying to stated that Trayvon Martin was casing houses; that would be a bit difficult when that row of townhouses have none in the front.

1721 Retreat View Circle, Sanford FL - Trulia

Old 06-25-2013, 12:50 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
I've been to that particular subdivision (I'm in Seminole County area) not all the townhomes are the same. The one my girlfriend lives in has a street level window in the kitchen; the rest of the windows are on the second floor with the bedrooms. However there is a large glass sliding door in her living room that opens to her backyard area...which is really just a strip of grass that either borders another home or a sidewalk. The plans that have the separate dining room or bonus room (office) DO have street level windows. It has to do with the floor plan

Not that any of that matters though.
and if you are going to be casing the place I would assume you would be walking in the back of the houses and not the front.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:51 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't read live chat. Are the racist comments about the black guy, white guy, the white/hispanic guy, or all of them ?
Both sides. It's almost like they are purposely picking the most offensive comments.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:51 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Oh my lord, you can't even legally build a home in FL without more than 1 means of egress from a room meant as living space for humans. The back of that same unit you chose...
except Martin was walking in the front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies