Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 04:56 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
It could also be that he was almost there and Zimmerman found him. Zimmerman didn't mention that he was close to there. Did he forget? He looked a little surprised and nervous when they were talking about the markers.
tm is near his house, gz finds him, and tm runs Back to the T with gz in hot pursuit. Really ?

Old 06-25-2013, 05:03 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
tm is near his house, gz finds him, and tm runs Back to the T with gz in hot pursuit. Really ?
lol. It's best to overlook some things.

Tonight on NBC, Brian Williams said some of today's witnesses refuted what George has said. Really? Which witness would that be? The first responders testified that Trayvon was indeed dead. I don't recall George claiming he wasn't.

And the NW lady spoke highly of George and agreed that if a NW guy is attacked, it's not suggested he shouldn't defend himself.

Then there was the HOA idiot who said that in spite of increased and frequent crime, he didn't think a NW was necessary.

And then, of course, the Justice for Trayvon lady, lolol.

OK, then, Brian. Keep up the charade.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:03 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
The last witness tells of running left to right, which would be from the direction of Trayvon's father's girlfriends house toward the place where the fight took place.

Somewhere in this thread I just read about the testimony of TM's girlfriend that said he had gotten "home" and left again to supposedly go confront his "stalker". It's all starting to come together, if what I read is true.

Looks more and more that TM was the aggressor and started the physical confrontation. Not that it really matters as much who started it, if it is proven that TM was on top of GZ and GZ felt his life was in danger.
Didn't Zimmerman in one of his statements or the re-enactment say that Trayvon attacked him right at the T, jumped out of the bushes and attacked him there? If that's the case, the significance of going left to right, and the body being found in the back yard of the woman who was testifying is that Zimmerman lied about how far he went down that pathway and where he said Trayvon attacked him.

Could be that today is the FIRST TIME anyone ever asked her that question about movement from left to right, or the direction of movement, and that could have easily have been a detail she didn't think about. PLUS there is absolutely nothing wrong with the State investigator having asked her that question yesterday or Thursday prior to trial. Witnesses are NOT usually public speakers, and in fact witnesses do sometimes remember things the more they talk about the case. That said, eye witnesses are known to be not very reliable because of memory, according to many studies which have been conducted on this topic.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
credit O'Mara for high quality lawyering.

He could have used the change.org petition during his crossx of the witness. He waited until After the state's redirect to prevent the state from asking the witness if her signing the petition affects her testimony, and ends today with a big + for the defense.

I'm assuming O'Mara had the petition when she took the stand, but who knows. Maybe someone sent it to the defense during her testimony.
In this trial they are not allowing Re-ReDirect? Normally they do. You can do direct cross, then as many re-directs and re-crosses as needed.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:18 PM

46,947 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by governmentcheese4none View Post
Either you have to believe that Zimmerman shot Martin in self defense of he followed Martin after calling the police and walked up to him and shot him in cold blood. I think its going to be hard to get that past a jury.
Ssshhh - it looks like we have come upon a beautiful specimen of the False Dichotomy in the wild. Look at that gorgeous plumage. If we don't disturb it, the entire herd of Fallacies may show up.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:22 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Witness 6 changed his story to say Trayvon was on top but NOT striking any blows. Yesterday the State said that in opening statement. Witness 6 CHANGED his story.

The question is whether or not Zimmerman was actually "BEATEN"...so far no evidence of a "BEATING" has been presented. Maybe you should wait until that issue is addressed by witnesses before you assume you have absolute knowledge about this. In your opinion is one punch to the nose, which DID NOT break the nose enough to be considered a "beating" so bad someone would be in fear for their life, especially when they had a gun and the person who punched did not?

Really, Zimmerman's nose is smashed and the back of his head is bleeding.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:26 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Thanks for the warning...I think.
Your welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
You must have your NoScript settings set to very strict, I don't get that clickjack warning.
Yes I don't just allow scripts to run. I sometimes will allow select ones at certain sites like here. C-D only runs city-data.com and youtube. Youtube is blocked, if I think I really want to watch the video I will unblock it temporarly. Although there are two trackers running here that I also have blocked with Ghostery (Google Analytics Analytics and Quantcast Advertising)

Quote:
It's a safe site, pay that poster no mind.
Having said that the ABC stream is the best I've found so far.
Well I personally don't have enough interest in watching. It will all be archived at the fla state site anyway for download.

Quote:
That's not even the site the poster linked to, your screen grab is a nbc.com url - get outta here with your BS.
I guess you didn't even bother to click on the attached image. When you click on that above link with scripts running you get automatically re-directed. You don't see a thing. If you had you would have clearly seen that it was <http://www.nbcnews.com/>... Also you would have seen the warning for "clickjacking". So take your "rolleyes" smiley and stuff it you know where.

Last edited by gregm; 06-25-2013 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: Edited for detail.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:29 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
He had a bloody nose this is true and a few minor cuts. Nose smashed? Not really.
For a guy who claims he was hit 25+ times I am not seeing the damage that might do.
But then he has already demonstrated himself to be a liar and not very bright. He may struggle with counting.
I think TM decked him with a single punch. This would explain the near complete lack of DNA on TM. None on his hands or sleeves which one would expect to see after repeated blows.
If he gets off it will be because the jury had some reasonable doubt, not because they thought GZ was a victim.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:32 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
At least one of the first responder witnesses today spoke of cleaning up George's wounds and how rain washed away some blood, but honestly, I was busy with something else and didn't catch the majority of that part today.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:33 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I'm sure it means you cannot start an altercation and then claim self defense.
If that's what i means, he needs to work on his English skills.

Namely he needs to be able to recognize the difference between these two jumbles of letters:

1. Following
2. Starting an altercation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies