Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 08:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

Losing what? Homosexuals gaining what?No law or anything else can change minds o core beliefs. You either think its right or wrong.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:34 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Losing what? Homosexuals gaining what?No law or anything else can change minds o core beliefs. You either think its right or wrong.
Or you don't worry about it, and you live and let live. What someone else does in the bedroom is none of my business, your business, or the government's business. Doesn't matter whether I, you, or anyone else thinks it's right or wrong.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:06 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yep, now we're wigglin' and squealin'.

"and you fully know no civil union will be able to do so."

I can't think of any reason why a state legislative body couldn't create such legal unions just as easily as same-sex marriage, but, as I wrote earlier, that wouldn't manipulate the state legislative apparatus into officially normalizing homosexuality by legalizing same-sex marriage.

So what do you say Arus, civil unions for same-sex couples and anyone else who wants one regardless of sex or sexual orientation and this with all the benefits and rights of marriage?
And marriage for what? Christians? Again, because of DOMA and voters, civil unions are banned along with ssm and any union for gay couples that even remotely resembles straight marriage. The court system normalized interracial marriages by legalising them, before that many felt it was an abomination and was redefining marriage. Homosesuality is normal, just not as common as straight marriage, but that does not make it abnormal.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:06 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Are you saying the human mouth is nice and clean? Are you saying that oral sex is a crime against nature?
The human mouth has more bacteria than the anus, and I'll bet you love oral sex. When a woman offers you oral sex, do you shout "No! Get away from me! It's a crime against nature!"
Fail.
Have anything else?

Throughout human history we have made choices based on internal drives that compete with one another.

Any sort of intimate sexual contact has the potential to spread pathogens, and some people are more inclined to avoid these risks than others.

Sex with a member of the opposite sex involves the risk of disease, but it also provides an opportunity to procreate, so the drives compete with one another.

Homosexuality provides no opportunity to procreate so the risk of disease isn't offset by the chance to reproduce.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I've answered it more then a few times. The two versions, gay marriage and traditional marriage are fundamentally different from each other, and should not be treated the same. Things that are the norm in a gay marriage, are not the norm in traditional marriages, and some things that are the norm in traditional marriage are impossible in a gay marriage.
How are they fudamentally different, other than the sex of the couples? My partner and I live just like any straight couple, we work, we pay our bills, pay taxes that support the system and schools. No two marriages are the same and some are similar, even gay and straight marriages. But the basis of gay marriage and straight marriage is the same; committments to each other, love, honor and respect.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
What you would have to accept, and this is the rub, is dropping the ruse that same-sex marriage is needed for any other reason than to use the power of the state to force normalized homosexuality down the throats of every person who is a non-supporter.

You don't have to accept second-class marriage as the civil unions I advocate have identical rights and benefits to traditional heterosexual marriage, but we just don't call it marriage.

Any reason besides being completely full of ****, as previously explained, that you can't get behind that (no pun intended)?
You have no clue. There are no civil unions that offer the same rights as marriage and they are banned by people like you that vote to deny us any sort of valid union for legal rights. I do not have to accept that you think we just want marriage to force the normalization of homosexuality. I and my partner want the legal rights of marriage to protect our propery we own together, to have the same tax breaks, the same taxation. Why do you straight people need marriage? Why are you not just happy with your no rights church weddings. Sorry, but separate is never ever treated as equal in this country. Give us the same marriage rights, the same term, not one picked by all of the bigots who do not want to share the term or the rights. Civil unions and domestic partnerships will never be accepted as equal, only equal marriage will be.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
And if people actually believed that, same-sex marriage would have been legalized in all fifty states decades ago, but it hasn't because no one, not even homosexuals, believe that.

Anyone with intellectual capacity greater than that of a tree squirrel understands that nature made the sexes for a reason.

Saying it ain't so or that it doesn't matter doesn't change anything.
I have an IQ over 150 and I know that all that is stopping same sex marriage is the ultra religious and their bigotry and hatred. Nature made gay people too, we did not just materialize out of thin air. I believe marriage is a right and one that should not be denied a citizen because some religious people got their panties in a twist, the same religious people who stood against interracial marriage vehemently.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:24 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Feelings of disgust are not something one is born with. Those feelings are often anthropormorphic, such as disgust with someone eating bugs or grubs, or vegans disgusted by meat eaters. Besides, how do you feel about the fact that more straight people practice anal sex that all gay men put together? Is oral sex a crime against nature too since it does not lead to procreation? Do you only have sex with the idea of procreating, or do you ever have sex for just recreational fun? You do protest quite a lot about men having anal sex with men. I would say you obsess about it.

Take it up with Dr. Schaller.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
So we should turn logic on it's ear to accommodate your hobby?
What hobby? Are you equating gay marriage to a hobby? Sorry, but if anything is a hobby, it is ones belief in their bible and forcing it down everyones throats

Old 06-24-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Throughout human history we have made choices based on internal drives that compete with one another.

Any sort of intimate sexual contact has the potential to spread pathogens, and some people are more inclined to avoid these risks than others.

Sex with a member of the opposite sex involves the risk of disease, but it also provides an opportunity to procreate, so the drives compete with one another.

Homosexuality provides no opportunity to procreate so the risk of disease isn't offset by the chance to reproduce.
Really, oral or anal sex leads to procreation? Try and answer the question. Are you against oral sex and anal sex when straight people do it? Since over 40% of straight people practice anal sex and gay men only amount to half the 2% of the people who are gay, there are a heck of a lot more straight people doing it. The way a person has sex should be no qualifier for having full rights in the USA, including marriage rights, nor is procreation a requirement for marriage or for full equal rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies