U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Unread 06-24-2013, 01:30 PM
 
Location: NoVa
1,002 posts, read 1,324,834 times
Reputation: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
are you serious about the president stuff, because surely you must have noticed the literally hundreds of ani-obama threads here.

no, that doesn't really cut it
Actually he's serious and it's true. The late Hugo Chaves learned it the hard way when he called George W. Bush "The Devil" at the UN and the next day he received all kinds of harsh criticism from anti Bush Democrats. You don't insult your host when you're a guest in said host's house. It's just common courtesy.

 
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:21 PM
 
7,858 posts, read 2,067,701 times
Reputation: 2648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
You can COMMENT all you want, I don't care.
You can say whatever you wish about any person or portion of /in our government, I don't care.
You can state what the laws are in YOUR country, I don't care.
BUT, when you say that we are stupid or irresponsible because OUR laws are not in line with YOUR laws, then you have crossed an invisible line, and somebody will take you to task over it! WE are not YOU, and we probably don't think like your citizens do. THAT is a fact! We like it that way, and THAT also is a FACT!
We like our Constitution just the way it is written. We don't CARE what the rest of the world thinks of it.
You should care what the rest of the world thinks---the U.S. is part of the world.
 
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
11,166 posts, read 2,678,632 times
Reputation: 6415
Quote:
Ahhh.... One of my favorite posters. Smart. Funny. Always a pleasure to read.
Why, thank you! So nice of you to say so.
Merci bien.
 
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:34 PM
 
8,310 posts, read 2,176,386 times
Reputation: 3164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
They aren't hostile as long as the person agrees with their opinion. conservatives are very hateful people generally speaking. They don't like any nation's besides their fantasy version of America. They don't like the real America mind you, only their fantasy version of America, and they absolutely hate every other nation on the planet because all of the rich nation's are too socialist, and all of the poor nations are too non white.

So any person who says they are a foreigner who doesn't tow the conservative party line will be attacked as a collectivist/socialist/communist foreigner.
AND they tend to overgeneralize and stereotype, based on biased reporting by the mainstream media.

Oh, wait, that's not conservatives..................
 
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:40 PM
 
Location: west central Georgia
1,111 posts, read 356,562 times
Reputation: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
They aren't hostile as long as the person agrees with their opinion. conservatives are very hateful people generally speaking. They don't like any nation's besides their fantasy version of America. They don't like the real America mind you, only their fantasy version of America, and they absolutely hate every other nation on the planet because all of the rich nation's are too socialist, and all of the poor nations are too non white.

So any person who says they are a foreigner who doesn't tow the conservative party line will be attacked as a collectivist/socialist/communist foreigner.
All this is YOUR OPINION, I assume. If not, please cite some sources that support this.
It seems TO ME there are certain people on the board who love to spout off divisive garbage like this. If you'd like to join their pathetic ranks, do so. As a matter of fact, why don't y'all form a little special group where you can bash away to your heart's content and let the rest of us have a discussion, huh?
 
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:41 PM
 
4,823 posts, read 993,544 times
Reputation: 1564
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
its like talking down about someones family members, and not being part of the family. yes that bad apple uncle you have might be the but of family jokes, but you dont let others disrespect your family and you defend that bad apple uncle when non family members attack him. its the same with americans. yes our counrty isnt perfect, no country is. and yes we have issues that we have to deal with in this country, and yes americans attack americans regarding those issues. but let someone who is not an american attack us, and brother beware because we will come after you. its like people disrespecting our president, regardless of who it is, americans will defend our president.
Well, I would have defended Clinton. But I'm not sure I could work myself up to defending Obama. That would be quite difficult to do with any degree of sincerity.
 
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:48 PM
 
Location: NoVA
5,369 posts, read 1,683,399 times
Reputation: 3573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Why oh why, I ask?

I have a regular group of stalkers here that leap down my throat, as soon as the penny drops that I'm not a US citizen, even taking this up as opposed to the topic at issue.

Is this some form of CD xenophobia or what?
If this strictly about you, it's because you like to stir up a controversy just to watch the fireworks. As to those not trolling, it depends on the subject. I do find non-citizens lecturing me about what is best for our country or making snide comment about certain political parties annoying.
 
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC
5,390 posts, read 2,162,659 times
Reputation: 2555
A brief anecdote, if you will. I had a person working for me that always had problems with every co-worker and every boss in his past. He claimed it was all 'them' and not himself. Even went so far as to buy a book on how to deal with difficult people, highlighting chapters he felt represented his fellow 'difficult' co-workers. When I fired him for improper actions, I gave him the same advice I would give to the OP. When one or two people seem to have an issue with you, it could indeed be those people and not yourself. However, when one after another has a problem with you, it's not them, it's you. OP, I think the issue here isn't CD or the people on it, I think it's a bit closer to home - yourself. Take a step back and see how your words would be perceived if you were the one to receive them vice give them.
 
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:53 PM
 
Location: TX
5,524 posts, read 1,679,921 times
Reputation: 2398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Why oh why, I ask?

I have a regular group of stalkers here that leap down my throat, as soon as the penny drops that I'm not a US citizen, even taking this up as opposed to the topic at issue.

Is this some form of CD xenophobia or what?
Idk, but if someone can't address the points you are making and stay on topic, they shouldn't be posting anywhere on any subject.
 
Unread 06-24-2013, 03:03 PM
 
5,550 posts, read 1,625,647 times
Reputation: 1262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Why oh why, I ask?

I have a regular group of stalkers here that leap down my throat, as soon as the penny drops that I'm not a US citizen, even taking this up as opposed to the topic at issue.

Is this some form of CD xenophobia or what?
I don't know, maybe it's because of what you post on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post

Lenin was a hero!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top