Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:03 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You should care what the rest of the world thinks---the U.S. is part of the world.
Yes, that is true. BUT The United States Constitution is OUR document, and WE like it just the way it is.
If the rest of the world doesn't like our Constitution, or our Bill Of Rights, that is THEIR problem, not ours. Personally, I will never vote to amend our Constitution for the express purpose of pleasing those in Canada or England or any other foreign country.
By the same token, I would never say that any foreign country should change their way of doing things, or change their laws to be closer to the way it is in the United States.
Yes, the United States IS part of the world. But, at the moment, there is no One World Government. Sorry, many of us have no desire to be like the rest of the world. We like our country just the way it is, warts and all.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:56 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,336 times
Quote:
Ahhh.... One of my favorite posters. Smart. Funny. Always a pleasure to read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Why, thank you! So nice of you to say so.
Merci bien.
I think he was talking about me, lol

Old 06-25-2013, 12:59 AM

I think it would be interesting if I were to reveal that I was acutally a multi-racial lesbian, neo-con, from Montana.

would that cut me some slack with you guys?

Old 06-25-2013, 01:35 AM

308 posts, read 398,344 times
Quote:
I don't think it's that you're a foreigner, I think it's that you're pretty offensive on here.
This. I post about US issues all the time and nobody seems to mind. On the other hand I try to not tell 'em what to do, except when they're wrong

Old 06-25-2013, 02:05 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
I think it's the hyphen.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norgy View Post
This. I post about US issues all the time and nobody seems to mind. On the other hand I try to not tell 'em what to do, except when they're wrong
that's right, and Ken just trys to help out here with his great knowledge

Old 06-25-2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
its not your origin thats the problem, its your ignorance.
Ignorance is power!

Old 06-25-2013, 05:56 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
AND they tend to overgeneralize and stereotype, based on biased reporting by the mainstream media.

Oh, wait, that's not conservatives..................
Again, all you have to do is credibly dispute what I wrote. conservatives are generally speaking hateful people. Look at conservative policies, those are hateful policies. They actually construct policies to attack specific groups of Americans. Like the Farm Bill, for conservatives subsidizing and sending checks to well off farmers is great, but helping poor children eat is a moral wrong that makes them lazy. It is a perverse hateful ideology that leads one to that kind of conclusion. I could continue, but you get the point.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:21 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Actually he's serious and it's true. The late Hugo Chaves learned it the hard way when he called George W. Bush "The Devil" at the UN and the next day he received all kinds of harsh criticism from anti Bush Democrats. You don't insult your host when you're a guest in said host's house. It's just common courtesy.
That was the anti-Bush democrats! Some RWs on here quote Pravda saying negative things about Obama as if it's the revealed word of God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If this strictly about you, it's because you like to stir up a controversy just to watch the fireworks. As to those not trolling, it depends on the subject. I do find non-citizens lecturing me about what is best for our country or making snide comment about certain political parties annoying.
Agreed and well said.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:28 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Why oh why, I ask?

I have a regular group of stalkers here that leap down my throat, as soon as the penny drops that I'm not a US citizen, even taking this up as opposed to the topic at issue.

Is this some form of CD xenophobia or what?
People don't jump down your throat for not being a US Citizen. (I had no idea you were not a US Citizen until I saw this thread.) They jump down your throad for the outlandish threads you start. You paint things with a broad brush that just aren't true. The stuff you post is why people jump all over you. Like today, 2 threads that are just absurd. One regarding Feminists and another gay men. Neither one of your proclomations contain any truth and they contain no facts to back them. Opinions that are confusing and offer very little as to how you came to such conclusions. It seems that some of your threads are meant to rile people up are start an argument. Therefore, I can see why it would provoke people to "stalk" you on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies