Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 11:50 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,424 times

Advertisements

Why oh why, I ask?

I have a regular group of stalkers here that leap down my throat, as soon as the penny drops that I'm not a US citizen, even taking this up as opposed to the topic at issue.

Is this some form of CD xenophobia or what?

Old 06-24-2013, 11:56 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
its like talking down about someones family members, and not being part of the family. yes that bad apple uncle you have might be the but of family jokes, but you dont let others disrespect your family and you defend that bad apple uncle when non family members attack him. its the same with americans. yes our counrty isnt perfect, no country is. and yes we have issues that we have to deal with in this country, and yes americans attack americans regarding those issues. but let someone who is not an american attack us, and brother beware because we will come after you. its like people disrespecting our president, regardless of who it is, americans will defend our president.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:58 AM

are you serious about the president stuff, because surely you must have noticed the literally hundreds of ani-obama threads here.

no, that doesn't really cut it

Old 06-24-2013, 12:01 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Why oh why, I ask?

I have a regular group of stalkers here that leap down my throat, as soon as the penny drops that I'm not a US citizen, even taking this up as opposed to the topic at issue.

Is this some form of CD xenophobia or what?

It's a Charlie Daniels/family thing:

From The Sound up in Long Island
Out to San Francisco Bay
And everything that's in between them is our own
And we may have done a little bit
Of fightin' amongst ourselves
But you outside folks best leave us alone

Old 06-24-2013, 12:02 PM

offensive? oh well, I just say it how I see it.

but those who tell me to hop it to the UK section are also pretty quick to bash other countries, leaders etc...

sounds like they want it both ways.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:02 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,332,972 times
Your last post about same sex marriage was just rediculous. You could be from America or the South pole and it would still be rediculous.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
are you serious about the president stuff, because surely you must have noticed the literally hundreds of ani-obama threads here.

no, that doesn't really cut it
yes that is true. as i said, us americans can go after our president because he is our president, not yours. i might not like obamas policies, and i have said so loudly time after time, but i wont let a foreigner attack my president. you need a reading comprehension class because i said EXACTLY THAT in my first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I don't think it's that you're a foreigner, I think it's that you're pretty offensive on here.
there is that also.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:06 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
its like talking down about someones family members, and not being part of the family. yes that bad apple uncle you have might be the but of family jokes, but you dont let others disrespect your family and you defend that bad apple uncle when non family members attack him. its the same with americans. yes our counrty isnt perfect, no country is. and yes we have issues that we have to deal with in this country, and yes americans attack americans regarding those issues. but let someone who is not an american attack us, and brother beware because we will come after you. its like people disrespecting our president, regardless of who it is, americans will defend our president.
That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard! Too bad there's no Rolling on the Floor emoticon!
If I was to slam Obama, I'd get cheers, applause and rep point out the wazoo by a significant percentage of the posters here.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard! Too bad there's no Rolling on the Floor emoticon!
If I was to slam Obama, I'd get cheers, applause and rep point out the wazoo by a significant percentage of the posters here.
well you are canadian.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:08 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,498 times
Quote:
offensive? oh well, I just say it how I see it.

but those who tell me to hop it to the UK section are also pretty quick to bash other countries, leaders etc...

sounds like they want it both ways.
Well I've never said that to you & I don't bash other countries. And yes, you are offensive on here which is most likely the reason you have hostility directed towards you, not the fact that you're a foreigner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies