Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 02:58 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,948,296 times

Advertisements

This is the issue.
We are so damn busy telling other people what to do with their lives.

If you don't support homosexuality, don't have gay sex.
If you don't support abortion, don't have one.
If you don't agree with birth control, then don't use it.
If you don't like pot, don't smoke it.
Same goes for anything else, don't like it, don't do it.
It's that simple, you don't have to go making it illegal for everyone else.

Live and let live, if you can't do that then please go find some traffic to play in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 03:01 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,727,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
This is the issue.
We are so damn busy telling other people what to do with their lives.

If you don't support homosexuality, don't have gay sex.
If you don't support abortion, don't have one.
If you don't agree with birth control, then don't use it.
If you don't like pot, don't smoke it.
Same goes for anything else, don't like it, don't do it.
It's that simple, you don't have to go making it illegal for everyone else.

Live and let live, if you can't do that then please go find some traffic to play in.
Live and let live and mention abortion? To the fundies, you may as well have said "If you don't want to murder someone don't kill anyone" and then say live and let live.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:04 PM

And if atheist are allowed to get married then so should gay people.

But no we need to protect the sanctity of marriage so drunk heterosexual couples can get married in Vegas and get it annulled the next day....

Gay couples might make the lines to long and the straight people might have time to sober up and change their minds.

This post is laced with sarcasm please don't overdose on it.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Live and let live and mention abortion? To the fundies, you may as well have said "If you don't want to murder someone don't kill anyone" and then say live and let live.
Yeah I just did.
I have one uterus to control, my own, no one else's.
I don't tell people what to do with theirs, they sure as hell better not tell me.

Plain and simple, we cannot tell another people what they are allowed to do with their body.

Honestly had I gotten pregnant as a young teen I would have had one, thank goodness I waited till I was older and on birth control but I'm 23 now and the idea of shoving something the size of a baby through my vagina scares me, the thought the absolutely petrifying. I'm banking on an epidural being good enough it doesn't hurt.
Granted I am in a place now where it wouldn't be totally disastrous to my finances and life so I doubt I would ever get one. I'm also smart enough to use birth control.

I couldn't imagine telling another woman who didn't want to have a baby that she had to go through that.
I couldn't imagine telling another person what they could do with their body either.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:16 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,641,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yes, and if you want to buy the hard stuff, you actually have to buy it from the state..
Why have we allowed our government to get into the liquor distribution business?

We have become a country of pathetic losers who look to the government for almost everything in life.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If that is the case...what is "illegal" that curtails your freedom? There is not one thing I want to do that is illegal. I am totally free.
I seriously doubt that is true. You don't even know what laws you might be violating.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ask 2 Libertarians about a given subject, and you'll get 3 opinions.
Ask 2 Dems about a given subject, and you'll get 3 opinions.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:41 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,884,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I certainly won't watch a 42-minute video...
Anyway, what exactly would you like to do that is currently illegal?
I'd like to visit Cuba, set off fireworks, and lots of other things without the threat of going to jail.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,884,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Why have we allowed our government to get into the liquor distribution business?

We have become a country of pathetic losers who look to the government for almost everything in life.
I know they've looked at selling the stores off at times, but everytime they do, people stop whining about how the state will lose their cash cow.. (ignoring the billions of dollars they could receive for the stores)

Old 06-25-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I must have a different nanny because I've gone for at least 30 years without breaking a single rule, regulation or law, with the exception speeding, or anything else the government has seen fit to be concerned about.
At least as far as you know.

Did you watch the OP video? Notice people who lost everything even when they thought they were complying with every law?

It happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies