Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 05:12 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,253,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post

Pitbull Attack (Graphic) - YouTube

Just imagine if they attack a child
All dogs should be banned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 05:28 PM

318 posts, read 624,656 times

PITBULL ATTACKING HUMAN - YouTube

Old 06-26-2013, 05:44 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I went for a long walk today and met the sweetest pitbull named Molly. Damn near licked me to death. I was wiping pitbull spit off my face all the way home. What a doll.
On Thanksgiving Day, we were walking on the street when two pitbulls came rushing at us. The owners stood in their yard fighting about how the dogs got loose. The two dogs continually went after our leashed dogs. I had stun gun which I got close enough to just get their attention when they would try to go for the neck of one of our dogs. One of my dogs was bitten. Luckily, these were younger and if older, the dogs probably would have killed mine. Every time I put my hand out, I risked an attack. After that I ordered a stun wand, greatly amped up power. You can say it is the owners but when you are under attack................ We are in a smaller town and last night when I was at the Petfinder website, Animal Control probably had at least a dozen and over 90% of pitbulls going into the shelter are put to death and there is a steady flow of them going in. Actually that is about the only breed that the shelter gets. Sadly, it is the wimps, those least likely to be able to control an animal, that want these dogs for their "image" issues. Drug dealers like to tie them in the yard to protect their stash. All terriers take a strong owner in order to manage them. I don't think that if people actually inquire that they find that their homeowner's insurance covers dangerous breeds of which the pit is. Pits are banned many places and can leave an owner that is relocating high and dry!

These dogs were bred for a purpose and we know full well what that is but keep promoting that they are safe and great family dogs and that bad owners create them and more and more will be put to death at the shelters. Ignorance is not bliss for those being bitten!

Old 06-26-2013, 05:59 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,136,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Is your daughter dead? Ya don't seem to get the concept that crazy + deadly force is the problem. Crazy gold fish? Not really a problem? Ya know, runaway tricycle vs runaway train..See the difference? Now I don't really want to pass laws about which dog you can own. I just want to publicly ridicule idiots who think breed of dog does not matter. I also want to be able to shoot your dog if it attacks anyone unprovoked. I may also condone having to use lethal force against some idiot dog owners who endanger other people's lives with their machismo doggie fetish, if necessary. I am, after all, freedom loving....
What a diatribe, plus, it's ludicrous logic. I guess when you were run over by that tricycle it affected your brain. You go swimming with an M-16 now because of your fear of attacking gold fish ?? Oh the HORROR !!!!!!!.

I don't think passing laws is your prerogative any more than I think you are going to shoot pit bull owners.

As a matter of fact, I think you are just another CD keyboard Commando with a big ego. I guess you are so naïve you think owner's don't own guns, huh ?

Don't worry though, it's for sure Im laughing at you, not with you. Damn, you are funny..........

Old 06-26-2013, 06:14 PM

318 posts, read 624,656 times
They are banned in Canada and the UK.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:33 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
For Pete's sake why?????

Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Then we must hurry up and do the same!

Old 06-26-2013, 09:55 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
No, they're not.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:41 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
NO!

My mother in laws weeney dog mauled my daughter in the face when she was 2.
I had a pitbull at the time, my mother in law kept saying was going to maul my daughter and we had to get rid of it. Oh the irony!

My daughter could ride, pull, hit tug, and anything she wanted to, to Kona. He would just lick her face. They were buds.
I have to ask...
Why would you allow a two year olds face in close proximity to any dog's mouth???

My family owned dogs all thru my childhood and beyond. There was never a time that any small kids in the family were allowed to get their face in the dog's face no matter the size of the dog. Just common sense.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:12 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Yes, BAN Pit Bulls.

Human deaths (per wiki) from:

2010 36 Pit bull (15) (42%) Mixed breed dog (9) (25%) Rottweiler (4) (11%)
2011 31 Pit bull (14) (45%) Mixed breed dog (5) (16%) Rottweiler (4) (13%)
2012 34 Pit bull (13) (38%) Mixed breed dog (9) (26%) Rottweiler (3) (9%)

note: majority of mixed breed dogs were part pit bull.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies