Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:50 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times

Advertisements

texas ag also pushed through the new voting ID and will try to push through the new redistricted maps, which were shot down by federal judges as extreme gerrymandering, and one of those judges was a bush appointee.

i dont know why anyone who is not a white straight male stays in texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 10:52 PM

688 posts, read 652,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Wasn't it Democrats that called Rand Paul all kinds of names and tried to stop his filibuster? lols.

Some animals are more equal than others I believe is what the pigs in Animal Farm said.
It's nice that you remembered to underline your 10th grade reading assignment, but you forgot the quotation marks.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:00 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'm Pro Choice but after 20 weeks, it's a kid.
this. After 20 weeks, you must have 2 doctors and a verifiable reason as to why an abortion is needed (ie born with an open skull)

Old 06-25-2013, 11:01 PM

14 posts, read 10,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Wendy Davis is the great Hope of the Democrats to turn Texas blue again.
She is making quite a splash.
The goal for a blue texas went kaput today with the whole voting rights act thing.

With this, a blue texas is pretty much never going to happen. Like literally never.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Yeah I gota agree with this. I'd be more fond of your typical pro-choicer if they would drop the selfish and narrowminded "it's my right and that's all that matters" mantra while ignoring all else. At some point, long after conception nonetheless, but still, a fetus is a living thing that shouldn't be able to be killed just because.

But this bill goes farther than that. In essence, they are trying to use "safety" regulation just to screw with abortion clinics.

So all in all I say filibuster away.

And I've got to agree with whogo on this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwacket View Post
After all the dems attacked and are attacking guns, I don't care about abortion. Does not affect me so pound sand.
so much irony.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:37 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
so much irony.
No, there's no irony. I stand by what I said, and I have no idea who this other guy is nor does what he says have anything to do with me.

The rights I assert as it relates to firearms (although my argument is never as simple as the one I alluded to earlier) never dismisses any direct consequence of my individual actions as irrelevant.

Quite the lame attempt to be clever, but like most on here you fail miserably when it comes to anything beyond a cursory analysis before spitting out your smart assed comments.

Nice try though.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:43 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times
this, them pushing through new voting restrictions the second after voting rights act gets removed, the ag admitting now trying to pass through a redistricting map that gerrymanders to the extreme and was turned down by federal judges, one being a bushie.

if the texas dems cant rally behind this now and throw these whites out, then let texas secede and lets move on.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:49 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
this, them pushing through new voting restrictions the second after voting rights act gets removed, the ag admitting now trying to pass through a redistricting map that gerrymanders to the extreme and was turned down by federal judges, one being a bushie.

if the texas dems cant rally behind this now and throw these whites out, then let texas secede and lets move on.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:50 PM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
Why do you care what other people do? Or, more importantly, why do you think you should be able to tell them that they can't do something that doesn't affect you?

Uhhh, society has a say in this.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:50 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Beat me to it. I had to read that a couple of times.

Wendy Davis looked pretty white to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies