U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-27-2013, 01:46 PM

7,726 posts, read 2,765,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Since he's already making headlines, his legacy is going to be politicized some way or another, so I want to ask what conservatives think of him?
I never really thought much about him either way. South Africa is pretty low on my historical interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 02:31 PM

501 posts, read 270,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Really? He didn't say this?

Really? Learn to read.

He also said:

So what I see here is one apologist for apartheid speaking up for another.

Really? I'd rather live 1,000 years in today's South Africa than 1 day under apartheid.
Oh, dear. Lucario, do we really have to divide and fight over "sides" that really do not exist? Really?? Were apartheid social/racial policies awful? Absolutely. I remember having such a fascination for South Africa as a young grade school student and reading about N Mandela and the social changes taking place over there at that time. Does stating facts that some very serious new problems have arisen in SA under the new gov't make one an apartheid apologist? Not in my opinion. Since Mandela's retirement, the gov't has become corrupt as he11, there's deterioration of infrastructure, crime and poverty also seem to be worsening in some parts of SA. I think Seeker was shedding light on these problems and this race-baiting problem of labeling any white south african who talks about them as a racist/apartheid apologist. Per usual, he immediately got flamed, LoL! This thread has been dominated by political zealots. Not my cup of tea. As an American with a bit of SA experience (humanitarian/charity work in the FS), I found his posts more educational that anything else in here. It's just one south african's experiences, but it's a real voice/viewpoint that deserves be heard. Now, everyone chill out.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:36 PM

5,286 posts, read 1,662,986 times
If only the leftists would all move to South Africa for a thousand years.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:19 PM

3,544 posts, read 2,659,356 times
For those with short memories that believe that Mandela and the ANC were unifiers beloved by all Black South Aftricans, be reminded of the opposition and coolness put forth by the Zulu dominated Inkatha Freedom Party and leaders such as Mangosuthu Buthelezi, who broke with the ANC in 1979.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:21 PM

7,246 posts, read 1,992,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Since he's already making headlines, his legacy is going to be politicized some way or another, so I want to ask what conservatives think of him?
Do they even know who Nelson Mandela is? Let's not forget conservatives are the Sarah Palins of the U.S. and they're not the brightest armadillos in the desert!

Old 06-27-2013, 03:23 PM

26,300 posts, read 21,406,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It worked.

Sorry.
It worked in favor of the White population. Blacks were given the short end of everything. Compared to the Whites, Blacks got worse schools, they couldn't vote in national elections, and they weren't allowed to live in certain places. It worked for Whites, not Blacks. Blacks lived under a dictatorship. If you are to be for democracy, then you have to be against apartheid.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:25 PM

775 posts, read 271,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You, sir.....have some serious problems.
His name is "alphamale". He's clearly compensating for something.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:31 PM

26,300 posts, read 21,406,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
If only the leftists would all move to South Africa for a thousand years.
So it's apparent your political bias. I've never said that people of the right wing need to leave. Why do you say such things about the left?

Old 06-27-2013, 03:45 PM

5,286 posts, read 1,662,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
So it's apparent your political bias. I've never said that people of the right wing need to leave. Why do you say such things about the left?
Let me count the reasons.

The main one is this: I'm tired of paying for their ridiculous 'programs'. They're like a plague of thieves who never stop robbing.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:46 PM

775 posts, read 271,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Let me count the reasons.

The main one is this: I'm tired of paying for their ridiculous 'programs'. They're like a plague of thieves who never stop robbing.
Like the war in the middle east? The war on drugs? Immigration border fences? Take your pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies