Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 12:49 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Everyone will be happy when gay marriage is the law of the land, electricity rates are five fold the rates of today, and incomes are cut in half. Then the liberal "dream" will have been realized.
Most liberals are waiting to be told what their dream is. They will of course nod and baaaaaaaa when they find out though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 05:09 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
But Obama is more concerned with global warming and putting the coal industry out of business and losing even more jobs. There goeth Obama to Africa to the tune of $100 million.

First Quarter Obama economy a flop

Ok, now time for the Obama lovers to check in to defend Obama. rah rah rah, the poor on the dole running the country.
Let me outline your thesis, which is notably absurd.

A) your thread title is about GDP growth only being 1.8%, then go off and blame Obama about coal -- as if his just released global warming initiative has anything to do with the last quarter's GDP results.

B) if you are blaming Obama for slow growth, then you then must be advocating more expansionary policies, which I doubt you are.

I am not defending Obama's policies. I am just pointing out you don't know what you are talking about, as you are arguing incoherently.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:29 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
If the economy is still bad in 2014 then I will stay home for the mid term elections instead of voting Dem. I have voted for democrats for the six elections I could vote in because I am passionately for healthcare reform. Now that healthcare reform is here to stay I will judge Obama on the economy with more scrutiny. I am also very tired of the economy America has had for the past six years. For at least some of my 20s I would like to have a good economy!!

Old 06-28-2013, 05:32 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
"Happy days are here again......."

Ooooops.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:43 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times

Old 06-28-2013, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
If the economy is still bad in 2014 then I will stay home for the mid term elections instead of voting Dem. I have voted for democrats for the six elections I could vote in because I am passionately for healthcare reform. Now that healthcare reform is here to stay I will judge Obama on the economy with more scrutiny. I am also very tired of the economy America has had for the past six years. For at least some of my 20s I would like to have a good economy!!
Just curious, how does staying home, which rewards the obstructionist Republicans who have endlessly torpedoed Obama's jobs initiatives, do you any good?

Wouldn't it be better to punish Republican House and Senate members by voting them out?

Old 06-28-2013, 07:03 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times
What job initiatives????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Just curious, how does staying home, which rewards the obstructionist Republicans who have endlessly torpedoed Obama's jobs initiatives, do you any good?

Wouldn't it be better to punish Republican House and Senate members by voting them out?

Old 06-28-2013, 07:11 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Laugh all you want. As Bob Brinker likes to say, "The bad news bears always lose." Kiplinger's Economic Outlooks-Kiplinger
Listen, I don't wish America harm, but I want a reality check.

This recovery has:

a shrinking employment rate to its lowest levels since 1979.

a shrinking employment rate for prime working age Americans to its lowest rate since 1984.

rising poverty rates to its highest in over 50 years.

rising amount on government assistance to the highest level ever.

less hours worked per average American.

less income per American household.

and government quantitative easing that has increased to $3,000,000,000.00 a day to artificially keep interest rates down on the national debt and home mortgages - that they won't stop, because they fear the economy will sink if they don't keep propping it up.

stagnant business revenue depending on the increases in government handouts.

And then you have mindless sheep praising this "recovery" with all these indicators getting worse, simply because Obama the shepherd proclaimed it to be a "recovery."

Old 06-28-2013, 12:08 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

Well, that is kind of just how some people think. I have voted Dem every year that I could, but the economy has been really bad for all that time. If the economy continues to be bad, then I will just stay home in 2014. I may even vote Republican under the right circumstances.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Well, that is kind of just how some people think. I have voted Dem every year that I could, but the economy has been really bad for all that time. If the economy continues to be bad, then I will just stay home in 2014. I may even vote Republican under the right circumstances.
Before making that decision, isn't it wise to assess why the economy is bad (even though it has improved greatly) instead of cavalierly thinking Obama is President, so he's to blame?

Even Bob Dole admits that the Republicans are abusing the filibuster rules and have no positive agenda.

Bob Dole on Fox News Sunday - YouTube

The fact is that Republicans throw stumbling blocks in front of every Obama initiative, such as his jobs bill, that would have increased employment by over a million. They also don't confirm his judicial or administrative appointments.

It's like kicking someone in the knees then complaining that he limps. Voting for Republicans because you misdirect anger at Obama rewards the wrong people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies