Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 08:29 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Oblabla won't get out of this term without another financial crisis.

Hope everyone is ready.

There won't be any printed money on the other side of this one.
It's funny how the right-wing relies upon wishful thinking, and not demonstrated facts, to arrive at their predictions. Unfortunately, their wishful thinking is for America to fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 08:36 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
not really new news but news the liberals continue to ignore and blame Bush for:

New study confirms economy was destroyed by Democrat policies - National Conservative | Examiner.com
That "new study" was December 2012. This newer study comes to the opposite conclusion.

And this study debunks your study directly:
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...act_id=2227520
Quote:
Based on a review of the best existing evidence, the initial verdict of not guilty — that the CRA did not cause the financial crisis, as some argue — still holds up on appeal. At the same time, as more fully described in this piece, an appreciation for the weaknesses inherent in the law’s structure, when combined with an understanding of the manner in which it was enforced by regulators, lead one to a different conclusion; although the CRA did not cause the crisis, it failed to prevent the very harms it was designed to prevent from befalling the very communities it is supposed to protect.

The defects in the CRA that emerge from this review, in total, suggest not that the CRA was too strong, but, rather, too weak. They also point to important reforms that should be put in place to strengthen and fine-tune the CRA to ensure that it can meet its important goal: ensuring that financial institutions meet the needs of low- and moderate-income communities, communities for which access to capital and banking services on fair terms is a necessary condition for economic development, let alone economic survival. Such reforms could include expanding the scope of the CRA to cover more financial institutions, creating a private right of action that would grant private and public litigants an opportunity to enforce the law through the courts, and having regulators enforce the CRA in such a way that would put more pressure on banks to modify more underwater mortgages.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:50 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
But Obama is more concerned with global warming and putting the coal industry out of business and losing even more jobs. There goeth Obama to Africa to the tune of $100 million.

First Quarter Obama economy a flop

Ok, now time for the Obama lovers to check in to defend Obama. rah rah rah, the poor on the dole running the country.
Oh, so now you are admitting that the economy is growing.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:09 AM

304 posts, read 472,278 times
Talking Less is better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Take away the automobile industry which is doing really well, and the rest of the economy stinks; casual dining restaurants such as Olive Garden & Chili's aren't doing so well either.
It takes $ 30 plus for a couple to eat [ on average ] in Olive Garden & Chili's, with all the cooking shows and the emphasis on smaller but more nutritious meals many couples are staying home and eating better and cheaper. That way they have time and energy to make love afterward. Obama planned that too!

Old 06-29-2013, 10:38 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Take away the automobile industry which is doing really well, and the rest of the economy stinks; casual dining restaurants such as Olive Garden & Chili's aren't doing so well either.
Historically, the automobile industry was had significant impact on the health of the U.S. economy. The fact that it has recovered is a very good sign.

Auto industry poised for big hiring spree

The auto industry is about to go on a hiring spree as car makers and parts suppliers race to find engineers, technicians and factory workers to build the next generation of vehicles.
The new employees will be part of a larger, busier workforce. From coast to coast, the industry is in top gear. Factories are operating at about 95% of capacity, and many are already running three shifts. As a result, some auto and parts companies are doing something they've been reluctant to consider since the recession: Adding floor space and spending millions of dollars on new equipment

Old 06-29-2013, 11:01 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Lets see 70+ bill spent on a program to keep unemployment under 75 and create millions of shovel ready jobs. Turned out to be pay off to special interest government job holders that we started seeing laid off after two years. Then the money to automakers and union which still haven't paid them off while bitching about the bank bailouts which have with interest. A promised house program that even Geithner acknowledge failed because after the hair bondholders took in the auto forced bankruptsy terms ;no one want government has a partner. Since first term what we see is the FED doing all the lifting because Obama can't lead like other presidents have even not having both houses. Remember Clinton didn't have both houses and worked budget with Gingrich and reign worked with Tip O Neal but Obama just can seem to do politics. Which is as always "The art of compromise". Since first term mid term he had blocked anything he can win totally on and we how have government by sequester and the FED controlling economy because he has failed to lead. His enemies list makes Nixon's look like a footnote.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:29 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
As normal, you fall right in line with the leftist crowd and try to coddle everyone into thinking that this bill was not really for everyone, however, the bill was sold to us just as that.

You are spewing, and the repubs want to repeal it because it is junk, and if it was so good, why are all the companies wanting exemptions from it and why is congress not wating to use it?

Flashback: Obama Promised Lower Health Care Insurance Premiums For Everyone

What Jonathan Gruber and Ezra Klein Don
This bill is for everyone. Everyone who wants to have affordable health insurance can have it now. There will be those who might chose to pay the fine, but that is their own prerogative. They can be a part of this change if they want to.

And your links do absolutely nothing to blast Obamacare. Everyone under this law will be able to have cheaper health insurance starting next year. People with pre-existing conditions such as myself were absolutely ****ed with our old healthcare system. It is so absolutely hilarious how every single source that conservatives reply to bash Obamacare can ONLY point out that previously YOUNG HEALTHY MEN could forgo having health insurance and now that privilege is taken away.

YOUNG HEALTHY MEN!!! That is the only demographic that the old healthcare system benefited. Young men with pre-existing issues like myself were absolutely ****ed. Women were ****ed, old people were ****ed even more.

Please go cry if you feel so sorry for the young 'healthy' men that will now have to purchase insurance. That is one sole group that Obamacare 'might' work against. But that isn't the case either because young men, particularly low income ones, are going to have subsidized premiums now to help them purchase insurance.

This reform NEEDED to happen. As much as conservatives wanted the poor to die on the streets with illness, it will NOT happen anymore. And I bet some companies are pissed about it. The poor business that are flowing in cash that don't want to provide their workers with health insurance will HAVE to do it now. They can kiss my ass if they don't like it. If they can't afford to do so, then they too will be subsidized for the costs.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyne View Post
As opposed to forcing us to buy insurance from private companies? Hmmm who do you think wrote the ACA? Hint (Think of all those new customers private insurance companies will get)

PS: Isnt this what Newt, Heritage Foundation wanted originally?
I work for a health insurance company. We only do medicaid managed plans or medicare advantage plans though. Our company is enthusiastic about Obamacare. It is the commercial health insurance companies that wanted to capitalize on the illness and sufferings of humanity.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:48 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
This bill is for everyone. Everyone who wants to have affordable health insurance can have it now. There will be those who might chose to pay the fine, but that is their own prerogative. They can be a part of this change if they want to.

And your links do absolutely nothing to blast Obamacare. Everyone under this law will be able to have cheaper health insurance starting next year. People with pre-existing conditions such as myself were absolutely ****ed with our old healthcare system. It is so absolutely hilarious how every single source that conservatives reply to bash Obamacare can ONLY point out that previously YOUNG HEALTHY MEN could forgo having health insurance and now that privilege is taken away.

YOUNG HEALTHY MEN!!! That is the only demographic that the old healthcare system benefited. Young men with pre-existing issues like myself were absolutely ****ed. Women were ****ed, old people were ****ed even more.

Please go cry if you feel so sorry for the young 'healthy' men that will now have to purchase insurance. That is one sole group that Obamacare 'might' work against. But that isn't the case either because young men, particularly low income ones, are going to have subsidized premiums now to help them purchase insurance.

This reform NEEDED to happen. As much as conservatives wanted the poor to die on the streets with illness, it will NOT happen anymore. And I bet some companies are pissed about it. The poor business that are flowing in cash that don't want to provide their workers with health insurance will HAVE to do it now. They can kiss my ass if they don't like it. If they can't afford to do so, then they too will be subsidized for the costs.
Me... me... me and me... me and more me with a side of me...

You're the reason it will fail and fail miserably. Why don't you go pick pockets or something?

Old 06-29-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Me... me... me and me... me and more me with a side of me...

You're the reason it will fail and fail miserably. Why don't you go pick pockets or something?
This is not about me. This is about our damn society and all the millions upon millions that our old healthcare system screwed over.

I have health insurance through my employer, thank you. I don't think I will have to use any aspect of Obamacare. But I know what it is like to not have insurance and be sick. It is nothing that anyone should have to go through.

How cute that you think the working poor and unemployed shouldn't have health insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies