Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 07:59 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua;
Also, I don't particularly like people inserting their nose into my religious beliefs. Why do you feel entitled to know, care, or intrude upon what others' religious beliefs are or are not? I'll bet you're a piece of work as a neighbor! Why don't you mind your own business instead and do some good deeds rather than spend your life nosying around about what others believe or don't?

Where do you Bible bangers come out with all these tons of bull crap? It's an endless source!

Old 06-28-2013, 08:07 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
P.S. I never said anything about my synagogue teaching homosexuality is "good" - I only said we support their rights to live as equal Americans, and to legally marry whoever they want. I don't think the words good & bad can be applied to ANY sexual orientation, since it simply is what it is. Do you think there's a good vs bad when it comes to other innate traits, like hair/eye color?
This would start a whole other thread.......the answer is for some "yes" your a redhead the things told or believed about them is strange and funny! Blonde hair and blue eyes...once seen as the superior traits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
god is not found in religion
If you live in Idaho......this statement is very true

Last edited by wildflower82; 06-28-2013 at 08:16 AM..

Old 06-28-2013, 08:48 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Bull. My religion can guide me to how I vote and how I believe society should be organized. Allowing something as fundamental to the human experience to be redefined on a whim is a problem. A problem I attend to solve. This is just the beginning.
Your religious extremist views are dying out and thus you have no power to solve it. You WILL lose this battle whether you like it or not.

The sad thing is, you actually think your hateful rhetoric on this board is in line with what God wants, when in fact God specifically says he will keep you out of his Kingdom. Funny how you ignore your own sins while constantly bashing gays on this board.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:51 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
They have chucked God out of their life and expect the rest of us to do so.
What specifically has anyone done in an attempt to make you chuck God from your life?

Old 06-28-2013, 08:53 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
I sometimes attend a Buddhist temple with my SO and have met several gay people there. Buddhists don't count as religious?
Don't you know only christians count, and then only christians that a particular christian thinks are christians count.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:55 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What specifically has anyone done in an attempt to make you chuck God from your life?
His faith is built on sand and crumbles at the mere thought of anyone else doing something he disapproves of. It's a sure sign of weak faith. If his faith were built on rock, gays wouldn't bother him, because that's up to God to deal with.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
I sometimes attend a Buddhist temple with my SO and have met several gay people there. Buddhists don't count as religious?
Probably not enough "My God is better than your God" BS in Buddhism to satisfy the blood lust of many self-proclaimed 'religious' people.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:00 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier doesn't wear sweaters.

Harrier wears hooded sweatshirts - even during the summer.

Harrier invariably resembles the composite pictures of bank robbers on local TV.

Harrier has been nicknamed "the Unabomber" and often dresses in a hooded sweatshirt and sunglasses on Halloween, unless he happens to be lazy that year, and simply tapes a blank sheet of paper to his front with "THIS IS MY COSTUME - DEAL WITH IT" printed upon the surface.

Harrier has also be known to tape a dollar bill to his front on Saint Patrick's Day in order to avoid being pinched.

Harrier's favorite color is black.
Darth Elmo?

Old 06-28-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
His faith is built on sand and crumbles at the mere thought of anyone else doing something he disapproves of. It's a sure sign of weak faith. If his faith were built on rock, gays wouldn't bother him, because that's up to God to deal with.

Well Said!

And likely THE perfect explanation of the OP.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:05 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
that's up to God to deal with.

Yep. That's it in a nutshell. It ain't up to you, or me. And I'm quite certain God would not want someone to persecute another and treat them like a 2nd class citizen in His name, because they're different. Hey, I'm left handed, and therefore am not considered the norm. So, maybe I should be persecuted for being left handed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies