Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should legally married same-sex couple get the same federal benefits as heterosexual couples?
Yes, I agree with the Supreme Court ruling 101 78.29%
No, marriage should be between man and woman 19 14.73%
I'm not for or against same-sex marriage 9 6.98%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 07:20 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,385,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
BS. Christians are not fine with remarriage. Those who follow the teachings of the lord and savior Jesus Christ will not remarry (themselves). They will not stop others from remarrying, however. They also will not be prejudice against gays.

You are mistaking fake Christians as Christians.
I don't believe there's a universally agreed upon definition of the term, NJBest. But regardless of whether we call them "Christians" or "fake Christians", it is clear that the reason they oppose gay marriage is not because it's a "sin" as they claim. It's because it's one sin they personally cannot tolerate. Not half as much as, say, people who get remarried regardless of how their first marriage ended. That was my whole point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 07:21 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, you cannot force people of faith to finance sexual immorality. It is same as asking them to finance abortion.
Complete strawman. The issue is whether the fed govt. can discriminate against an otherwise law abiding segment of the population because of their sexual orientation. Now if your personal concept of moral behavior allows you to that is your problem. If you object to to the govt. being blind to its citizens sexual orientation I suggest you find a theocracy to your liking and settle there if they will have you.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:25 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,258,614 times
Quote:
BS. Christians are not fine with remarriage. Those who follow the teachings of the lord and savior Jesus Christ will not remarry (themselves). They will not stop others from remarrying, however. They also will not be prejudice against gays.

You are mistaking fake Christians as Christians.
That's most of them, including the churches. Very few churches oppose performing marriage services for divorced people, but quite a few oppose performing gay marriages. In fact, the Catholic church and to a very limited extent the Greek and Russian Orthodox churches are the only ones I know of that won't allow a remarriage.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:27 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,385,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That's most of them, including the churches. Very few churches oppose performing marriage services for divorced people, but quite a few oppose performing gay marriages. In fact, the Catholic church and to a very limited extent the Greek and Russian Orthodox churches are the only ones I know of that won't allow a remarriage.
Thank you! My cursor is "Rate this post positively" bound!

Old 06-26-2013, 07:28 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,940,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Or asking them to finance all sorts of remarriage among heteros (even though the Christian bible explicitly forbids remarriage except under certain circumstances).

Oops! I just exposed the real reason Christians don't want gays to be granted equality: prejudice. Here, let me just, cover that back up again...
You can believe as you wish...just keep paying your taxes. Christians believe in taxes right? Isn't tithing realy just a tax.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:31 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Federal benefits are not paid funding. They are reduced revenues. You aren't financing anything.

Even if you were, the government gives you an option to stop financing it. You aren't forced to.
By paying taxes, I finance all federal programs, and there is no option to not pay. The government is forcing Christians to pay tithe to Satan.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:31 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,127,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Yes, churches have deviated from the teachings of Christ.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:33 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,940,441 times
Quote:
By paying taxes, I finance all federal programs, and there is no option to not pay. The government is forcing Christians to pay tithe to Satan.
god will pay you back in the afterlife.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
I morally oppose war, but I still pay taxes that go to pay for the military.
Sorry, your religion doesn't give you some special right to opt out of taxes.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:34 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Quote:
It is scary that people that think like this are allowed to vote.

Really scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies