Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So, back to you. Why do you think the majority of mob like activity is perpetuated by black youths?
Why would I even concede that this is the case?

First off, what other mob like activity has happened that you can attribute solely to black people?

How about Occupy? Mostly white kids, and there was some violence here and there throughout that mess.

I live in the Heart of Tornado Alley. The majority of mobs who come in and try to loot destroyed homes are white people. I've seen it happen twice within the last several weeks.

What I'm trying to say is that violence and hatred are human traits. I tend to believe they are pretty evenly distributed across the "skin color spectrum" and not endemic to one group of people based on skin color. That's the only point I am trying to make. I'm not trying to have a pee-ing contest with some morons who eagerly await the demise of people they have ignorantly demonized and sterotyped because they fear those who are different looking than they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I answered the questions put to me. Why won't you do the same? This type of response is what causes people to dig in defensively to one side or the other. It's good to have conversations and discussions on the matter. Who knows - perhaps it could lead to understanding and even substantive change.
I just answered your question. I don't know why such persons did this. I can only guess that it's probably bad parents not doing their jobs. I just know that when I was that age, I never went to malls with other teenagers(of any race) and did that kind of crap.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:20 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
The "most serial killers are white" thing is a complete and total myth, just so you know.
Please do, then, present some stats to back up this assertion. Otherwise we can all rightly assume you are just pulling stuff out of your butt and presenting it as fact.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:22 PM

21 posts, read 14,082 times
Geez almost 12 pages already. This must be a hot button issue for alot of people.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:22 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,471,766 times
[quote=1stAmendment1st;30212599]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post

I'm an anti-statist. But to answer your question more directly: I don't give a **** about abortion or gay rights or whatever. More important things like foreign policy and illegal immigration that needs to be fixed.
Those weren't my words you quoted me as saying, they must have been another persons.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:24 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post

How about Occupy? Mostly white kids, and there was some violence here and there throughout that mess.
In my city the occupy protagonists were out of towners. Some trekking in from Oregon! Stupid stuff happens all the time, but people are quick to pull out their video cameras when it is black people.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:24 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stAmendment1st View Post
Geez almost 12 pages already. This must be a hot button issue for alot of people.
This issue of race and crime is a sore spot for alot of people. You see, I understand why this is. There is still alot of anger and distrust. It is an issue that many take very personal, and with good reason. I will admit it. I take it personal. I do so because I've dealt with race prejudice myself. It can be hard to tell if people have legitimate concerns, or if some people are saying these things out of their own resentment towards Blacks.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:25 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Please do, then, present some stats to back up this assertion. Otherwise we can all rightly assume you are just pulling stuff out of your butt and presenting it as fact.
I have seen the factoid as well. Apparently is evenly distributed across ethnic groups and countries.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:25 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
What I'm trying to say is that violence and hatred are human traits. I tend to believe they are pretty evenly distributed across the "skin color spectrum" and not endemic to one group of people based on skin color. That's the only point I am trying to make. I'm not trying to have a pee-ing contest with some morons who eagerly await the demise of people they have ignorantly demonized and sterotyped because they fear those who are different looking than they are.
In what world should anyone care what you "believe" with no basis in fact? Not this one.

Look, the fact of the matter is that this type of stuff is much more prevalent among young black males in this country. That's a fact. It's really not arguable.

I for one don't believe it's hard coded in DNA or anything like that. If this is your only contention, you would do yourself a world of good by facing facts and discussing the actual issues, rather than trying to weave and dodge in any way possible.

Seriously, people like me would feel zero need to even comment on these issues were it not for the blatant resistance to logic displayed around them. You really are doing yourself no favors, at all, ironically your type of attitude is what causes so much push back, from those outside of the literal racist crowd.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:27 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
Man, you guys are too much.

I actually did, there's a link at the bottom of my post. There's plenty of research on the issue, the burden is on YOU for this one if you didn't know that.

I've got to love this. Guy pulls something out of his butt, I deny it (because I've done the research), and then he accuses me of pulling things out of my butt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies