Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 02:59 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,016,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Outside of the hippy, Liberal crowd, I don't think you're going to find many Liberals who disagree w/ that view of punishment. If there is going to be a meeting of the minds, then it would also require those on the Right to explore other avenues for correcting behavior and putting people on the right path w/o automatically labeling it evil welfare.
Based on my experience, the loudest voices on the left are not these people you describe. Of course, I must be intellectually honest and say that on the right, we have loud voices which label any program as welfare. Once again, though, the answer is for those on the left and right to denounce these rabble rousers, for lack of a better phrase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 03:26 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,648,020 times
Quote:
So as a society should do nothing for people who have no choice into the environment they're born into? In your mind, you've just laid out where the problem is -- the parents. They failed, so according to you, eff the children if they can't make it on their own...

No I'm saying doing something for AT RISK kids is better than doing nothing and complaining about the trouble they get into. But then again, I actually care about fixing problems in society.

If the parents are not promoting and supporting education, enforcing discipline in their children, and providing a stable home life, there is no hope for the child. Should we then waste money on a lost cause? No. These children should be-

placed in an orphanage
placed in a military track in which the hopeless are provided discipline and a path to the military
placed in a trade school camp in which they can recieve some work training

If you "care" about "fixing the problems of society", you would-

support religion in the home
support two parent families
withdraw support for more than two dependent children
demand a "work for support" welfare program
require that educational standards be met in the schools, rather than passing every minority for fear of being labeled a "racist"
allow problem students to be expelled
allow corporal punishment in the schools

But then again, you are a liberal, so you just want to perpetuate and compound the problems of society through false sympathy and throwing other people's money at a wasted effort. These "problem children" are the future criminals of America. We will be providing a "dorm life" for them in the prison system, so wasting more money on them now is an effort in futility.

Libs do not understand that you cannot help those who do not want to be helped and take no active role in improving thier situation.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:50 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,848,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
when the Mods away, stormfront jr will play. in other news, thousands of black teenagers graduated from hs this summer and are on their way to college.
No way, that's not news. Millions of black people went to work today!

Old 06-27-2013, 08:31 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,662,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
We can't force people to hire when there aren't jobs. We also can't force people to hire when some businesses are looking for cheaper labor. The economy is part of it. However, there still needs to be a solution.
The second portion is where something could be done, but the politicians are working for the business who demand unlimited numbers of that cheaper labor.

There are plenty of jobs -- well over 11 million jobs are held by foreigners illegally here. Not many are working in agriculture. Funny how an American citizen insists that there are no jobs at all, but someone can step over the border and find all kinds of work. You never hear of illegals facing problems in finding work.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:12 PM

162 posts, read 177,239 times
i see someone left the cage door open again. i think this was just practice in case zimmerman is set free or gets off with a light sentence.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:41 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,469,209 times
Quote:
So you don't want to give them an alternative to brawling in the streets. So what do you suggest we do?
I think that maybe, why comitt crimes just becauce you are unemployed and bored. Its an awful excuse.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:56 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,858,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I think that maybe, why comitt crimes just becauce you are unemployed and bored. Its an awful excuse.
Here's an alternative to brawling in the streets for you.

Not brawling in the streets.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:13 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,833,315 times
This thread is just to race bait. Many a time in my younger days the whites would hang out at McDonalds and have the cops over there every weekend. All white fights every weekend. Got so bad they brought over a car to sit there Friday and Saturday nights. This was in an upper middle class suburb as well.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:11 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,101,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What's an LEO?

FWIW, I've never been to Florida at all, so I don't know what the place is like in summer. I know Philadelphia, Chicago, and other cities have had problems with this mob violence.

It would be nearly impossible to find out where these messages are coming from short of taking away one's right of privacy away, which does go against the Constitution. One would have to spy on people on the internet, and no one would want that, and I would understand why. It is a Constitutional violation.

One question is this. How do we stop such mob violence, from anyone?

Law Enforcement Officer (cop)

Old 06-28-2013, 06:13 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,101,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Right, Champ. Prove it.

You made the stupid statement, it's up to you to prove otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies