Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 02:30 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,225,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
There's also the fact that much -- if not most -- of that restroom activity happens among closeted "straight" men with wives and children, who are too afraid to come out because of attitudes like those expressed by the anti-gays on this thread.

Actual out gay people have plenty of other ways to meet partners.
Well, I don't have any statistics for that and thus, can't really agree or disagree with this statement. What I do know is that it tends to create quite a stink when some conservative, moral, anti-gay husband and father gets caught in the bathroom having sex with another man.

Alas, it makes sense to me that such stories would be well publicized but I still don't know if they are representative of others.

I DO agree, though, that openly gay people have the same access to locations for sex as all others but that those who are "secretly" gay are more likely to be forced into odd situations.

Frankly, I find it amazing that some people are so incredibly concerned about other people's attractions. I don't care who is attracted to whom. Why would anybody express their disapproval and want legal consequences based on that?

What's next? Am I supposed to want laws that ban all brunettes from getting married because I think only blond, Aryan-like people should be granted that right?

I swear, these people are bizarre with their obsessions regarding other people's lives.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:31 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,122,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
You aren't being asked to participate in it.
Only a narcissist would make a comment like that.

Even if you disagree with someone, doesn't it bother you if ANYBODY is denied free speech?
Don't you see that if somebody is harassed simply because of something he/she said, it could also happen to YOU?

Old 06-27-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What an absolutely stupid comment.
I agree - I read this and though that stupidity like this did not warrant a response.

Sometimes, youth and stupidity go hand in hand.

Young people THINK they know everything.
Old people KNOW that they don't.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:32 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If it is on the way it's going to be sent by God because of crap like gay marriage and abortion.
I know I've asked you at east twice, now three times, got some proof of a god thing?
Any proof?
Are you really expecting others to be concerned about your invisible friend?

1,999 posts, read 2,465,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsideTillIDie View Post
What is up with the mentality? People go crazy when a 20 something guy like me doesn't support the gay movement as if it is absolutely required for anyone under 30 to succumb to the gay influence. Like people in their 20's and under don't have a choice to make up their mind. It's like everytime the gays are handing out fliers around town, they make sure to give one to people in their 20's and below like, "you're young you MUST support us", dude get the *** out of my face. My college campus is also flooded with this too. It's like the gay movement is trying to monopolize the views of my generation by trying to create the image that resistance to the gay agenda is an "old person" thing. 20's something men and women have to be down with this, really? Being young in the midst of this gay agenda is TOUGH, the pressure, the influence,it's just gets too much sometimes. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. Older people don't know what we're going through. Some of us young people just want to be left alone and they KEEP bothering us relentlessly.
You will be called names, you will be shunned, you will be attacked in whatever ways are legal.

It is the cross one has to bear for free thought. The conservatives are not much better (actually, tactically, they are more stupid if you ask me) as many of them speak with hate against homosexuals, others speak with liberal sympathies but with the addition of being patronizing towards homosexuals.

Both extreme sides are self righteous in my view but the liberals, the homosexuals, seek alliances from all over. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." The "there are no permanent friends or enemies in politics."

So, homosexuals in Europe and USofA with liberals routinely seek alliances with Islamic immigrants. They're sharper than conservatives. Conservatives will cut off their nose to spite their face. They remind me of horses with blinders on too.

Unlike conservatives I will not make enemies of Muslims. I will not hate homosexuals--as I have too many as family members and friends. I will not patronize homosexuals with sympathy for their great affliction either. I will regard homosexuals as human being with struggles, talents, quirks, and likes just like every other human being. I'll regard them as people with a craving like gamblers, heroin addicts, alcoholics, and lots of heterosexuals.

You'll have to just live through this. It won't be the last change. I've lived long enough to keep living through more and more changes. Not always good. One guy that was disagreeing with me in another thread basically said in so many words that pedophiles are born that way (like alcoholics according to some--accepted only alcoholics and addicts with the "gene" for their addiction are suppose to change, and their condition though wrong), that it isn't bad for adults to have pedophile fantasies, that it's just society that forces this unjust prejudice against their sexual attractions to prepubescent children, and that the only problem he has with pedophiles is when they act. This he was using in arguing support for homosexuality.

Basically, his views are what I suspected before he stated them, will come to be the growing view of liberals once homosexuality is normalized. Then, eventually, most liberals will come to promote pedophilia as "natural," good, and a learning experience. It may become legal. And after its decriminalization NAMBLA and other liberals will be on college campuses harassing your son, pressuring him to be pro-pedophilia marriage. The new marriage equality act.

You can't be liberal if there is nothing to rebel against. And it's like alcohol and heroin. You need ever increasing fixes to get the same high. So, they can't get the same figurative high once homosexual marriages are normalized and accepted. A new sexual rebellion will occur. One that has to "shock."

2,469 posts, read 3,122,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Except for the fact that none of this is true...Great post!
Until you explain exactly HOW it is NOT true - your comment is nothing but an adhominem attack (like a child calling, "your post is poopy, na na na na!").j
Adhominem attacks or name calling like that usually happens when one has nothing better to contribute.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:33 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,291,533 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by weltschmerz

So, folks don't want the "gay agenda" pushed on
them, so why is it OK to push your God on rational people who don't buy into
your Bronze Age superstitions? Stop with the intimidation.
You can believe
in your imaginary being all you want, but don't use it as a basis to deny other
people their rights.

---------------
And you can continue to believe in nothing.

True marriage: one man
and one woman. Period.
I believe in justice and equality. It's a pity your Buy Bull does not support these things. Stop hiding behind the skirt of your imaginary god to justify your bigotry.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:35 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,538,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Honesty first - getting the real truth out there so sickness isn't spread ignorantly, but acknowledged and treated as sickness.

There are many solutions because it's a complicated issue, us human beings being complicated in our physiology and psychology interaction.
Each person is not the same and each may have developed homosexual fetishes for different reasons.

Many have overcome homosexual fetishes and a survey of such men have listed common issues to address:

-Father-Son Relationship Problems
-Conflict with Male Peers
-Mother-son relationship - smothering
-Sexual Abuse
-Other Sexual Experiences
-Personality Traits
http://www.peoplecanchange.com/change/causes.php
Note: for women, factors differ; research is less on women with homosexual fetishes, since there are more cases of bi-sexuality.
Really? Are these things you think about also when becoming "sexually" aroused yourself? Bottom line is attraction! Also a "fetish" is a particular sexual practice that one seeks pleasure in unlike heterosexuality or homosexuality which has to do with attraction.
You are trying to equate the factors you listed as to why someone is homosexual when in reality many people have gone through the same things! So we should have a lot more Gays then judging by your criteria!

Old 06-27-2013, 02:37 PM

8,996 posts, read 10,439,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
doesn't it bother you if ANYBODY is denied free speech?
Does Russia's much-admired (by American anti-gays like you) "don't say gay" law bother you?

Old 06-27-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
You will be called names, you will be shunned, you will be attacked in whatever ways are legal.

It is the cross one has to bear for free thought. The conservatives are not much better (actually, tactically, they are more stupid if you ask me) as many of them speak with hate against homosexuals, others speak with liberal sympathies but with the addition of being patronizing towards homosexuals.

Both extreme sides are self righteous in my view but the liberals, the homosexuals, seek alliances from all over. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." The "there are no permanent friends or enemies in politics."

So, homosexuals in Europe and USofA with liberals routinely seek alliances with Islamic immigrants. They're sharper than conservatives. Conservatives will cut off their nose to spite their face. They remind me of horses with blinders on too.

Unlike conservatives I will not make enemies of Muslims. I will not hate homosexuals--as I have too many as family members and friends. I will not patronize homosexuals with sympathy for their great affliction either. I will regard homosexuals as human being with struggles, talents, quirks, and likes just like every other human being. I'll regard them as people with a craving like gamblers, heroin addicts, alcoholics, and lots of heterosexuals.

You'll have to just live through this. It won't be the last change. I've lived long enough to keep living through more and more changes. Not always good. One guy that was disagreeing with me in another thread basically said in so many words that pedophiles are born that way (like alcoholics according to some--accepted only alcoholics and addicts with the "gene" for their addiction are suppose to change, and their condition though wrong), that it isn't bad for adults to have pedophile fantasies, that it's just society that forces this unjust prejudice against their sexual attractions to prepubescent children, and that the only problem he has with pedophiles is when they act. This he was using in arguing support for homosexuality.

Basically, his views are what I suspected before he stated them, will come to be the growing view of liberals once homosexuality is normalized. Then, eventually, most liberals will come to promote pedophilia as "natural," good, and a learning experience. It may become legal. And after its decriminalization NAMBLA and other liberals will be on college campuses harassing your son, pressuring him to be pro-pedophilia marriage. The new marriage equality act.

You can't be liberal if their is nothing to rebel against. And it's like alcohol and heroin. You need ever increasing fixes to get the same high. So, they can't get the same figurative high once homosexual marriages are normalized and accepted. A new sexual rebellion will occur. One that has to "shock."
Ah, you must be one of those people who have a difficult time understanding the parameters of "Consent" and "Adult" in our legal system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.