Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 06:38 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is a moral issue. Men should not be promoting sex between men. Women should not be promoting sex with other women. And same sex marriage is what the gay agenda is now pushing on the masses.
Moral is a relative term. I married a woman, though I am a gay man. That, to me, was immoral. Thank God, I corrected my immoral life and became an honest man who is very happily engaged to a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
What hateful behavior? Those opposed to same sex marriage see it as a moral issue , not a hate issue..

I should say you hate God if you say we hate you.

My pending nuptuals will harm no one, but will in fact help to add happiness and security to the lives of me and my family. To try and stop that is hateful. Your finishing statement about me hating God is completely nonsensical.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:42 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
For a temporary reason such as a parade? Sure. Government buildings should be allowed to represent all sorts of citizens. It should not endorse being gay just like it should not endorse being straight or asexual. But, absolutely, it can lend itself for a purpose of its people.

On a permanent basis? Absolutely not -- unless it also represents all sexual orientations at the same time.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:49 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
You are not making sense, and how does this pertain to government buildings displaying symbols of Gay Pride? Being gay or homosexual (the medical term) involves having an innate orientation to pair-bond in an intimate manner with a member of the same gender. It's the other side of the same coin as heterosexuality. Perhaps your simplistic ideation is all you can grasp, but it is far from truth.
That orientation is a spirit of homosexuality that tells a person that they are attracted to the same sex, that they are different and they believed the lie. They reacted in their mind to believe that spirit. They are snared into a relationship and continued believing the lie. Those who go down the path of homosexuality take on the whole identity of being gay. They build their life in the gay community taking on that identity even more . There are many kinds of gays depending on what they believe as their identity was not formed before they were enticed by seducing spirits of the mind in putting together their belief system into believing they were gay.. they had a hard time finding who they were and believed the lie.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
That orientation is a spirit of homosexuality that tells a person that they are attracted to the same sex, that they are different and they believed the lie. They reacted in their mind to believe that spirit. They are snared into a relationship and continued believing the lie. Those who go down the path of homosexuality take on the whole identity of being gay. They build their life in the gay community taking on that identity even more . There are many kinds of gays depending on what they believe as their identity was not formed before they were enticed by seducing spirits of the mind in putting together their belief system into believing they were gay.. they had a hard time finding who they were and believed the lie.
Oh. We are at an impasse then, as you are discussing terms of a personal belief and nature vs my pragmatic, scientific responses. You would perhaps be more fulfilled having a discussion like this on the Religion forum, since no proof exists for your spiritual theories and cannot therefore be seriously considered i a political discussion.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:56 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
This country was founded on Christian ideas - with terms like "Lord" being in founding government documents.

Thankfully, this country was NOT founded on homosexual fetish propaganda.
The homosexual movement is a new fad that blindly ignorant people follow as a herd.

So, no, it is NOT appropriate for a government building to decoratively preach homosexual fetishes that medically & statistically prove to be harmful (according to the US CDC).
That....is absolutely right. +1

A herd with a need to belong that is so overwhelming and powerful that they will follow anyone anywhere, so long as they can achieve that end. It is a pathology that will be the subject of much study and discussion by future human historians.

What we are watching is the diametric opposition of the individual-freedom-based vision for our nation that the founding fathers had. None of us who knew the America of 50 years ago would have ever believed it could implode like this, short of watching it with our still disbelieving eyes.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Oh. We are at an impasse then, as you are discussing terms of a personal belief and nature vs my pragmatic, scientific responses. You would perhaps be more fulfilled having a discussion like this on the Religion forum, since no proof exists for your spiritual theories and cannot therefore be seriously considered i a political discussion.
One takes on the identity of a thief by their behavior when they decide to steal . No different than what a gay person and their behavior which labels them gay. Their behavior makes them gay. It is first born in the mind.... the seducing spirit to steal .. and if one listens and puts it into action, they will steal.

The mind is the battleground where we make decisions and some are wrong and some are right. Yes, I believe in God and God is the answer to self control and guides our decisions. God knows we are all sinners. No surprise there.. that is why he sent Jesus .,to overcome all sins. It is just plain and simple.

The truth will set all sinners free.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
One takes on the identity of a thief by their behavior when they decide to steal . No different than what a gay person and their behavior which labels them gay. Their behavior makes them gay. It is first born in the mind.... the seducing spirit to steal .. and if one listens and puts it into action, they will steal.

The mind is the battleground where we make decisions and some are wrong and some are right. Yes, I believe in God and God is the answer to self control and guides our decisions. God knows we are all sinners. No surprise there.. that is why he sent Jesus .,to overcome all sins. It is just plain and simple.

The truth will set all sinners free.
Like I said, we live in two different realities. I'm a Buddhist, and therefore I cannot make sense of your quasi-Christian reasoning to demonize gay people. We could debate about the differing beliefs, but that is of no concern or import HERE. Though, I rarely venture into discussions about religion with New World "Christians".

Old 07-01-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Like I said, we live in two different realities. I'm a Buddhist, and therefore I cannot make sense of your quasi-Christian reasoning to demonize gay people. We could debate about the differing beliefs, but that is of no concern or import HERE. Though, I rarely venture into discussions about religion with New World "Christians".
No satan is the demon fighting to get your soul.. God is the creator of your soul. YOU are not the demon. YOu were made in the image of the almighty God of all creation. God has no hate for you. Just love, a pure agape love higher than all love between any other form of love.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
No satan is the demon fighting to get your soul.. God is the creator of your soul. YOU are not the demon. YOu were made in the image of the almighty God of all creation. God has no hate for you. Just love, a pure agape love higher than all love between any other form of love.
Take it to the religion forum, Bud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies