Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 05:09 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
I really believe that homosexual "marriage," will seek to destroy the institution of marriage. This is nothing more than a sad attempt to mock God, by eradicating the natural order of society. Men become women, and woman become men, bad becomes good and good becomes bad.

This has nothing to do with equality, it's about destruction of traditional family values.
Heterosexuals have done a fine job of ruining traditional family values without our help.

Also I really believe that all christians think the earth is flat, and only 6000 years old.
(see how dumb it sounds?)

Who is making men into women, and women into men?
Two women getting married are still women. Two men getting married are still men.
If genitalia is what you base your marriage on, then I understand why there is a 50% divorce rate among heterosexuals.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:09 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
I really believe that homosexual "marriage," will seek to destroy the institution of marriage. This is nothing more than a sad attempt to mock God, by eradicating the natural order of society. Men become women, and woman become men, bad becomes good and good becomes bad.

This has nothing to do with equality, it's about destruction of traditional family values.
The changes will impact the natural order of society and traditional family values but there will still be order in society and family values.

[2 + 2 is still 4]

Old 06-28-2013, 05:10 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
So, I will peg you as a conservative. That would be fair, right?

Don't you find it a bit hypocritical that you are using as a source a country your side vilified for decades?
I don't subscribe to any political parties, I see them all as the same.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:10 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
The changes will impact the natural order of society and traditional family values but there will still be order in society and family values.

[2 + 2 is still 4]

Kind of like the Thieves code right?

Old 06-28-2013, 05:11 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Kind of like the Thieves code right?
No.

[kind of like basic math]

Old 06-28-2013, 05:12 PM

350 posts, read 477,366 times
Homosexual marriage does not 'mock God.' Your belief that it is the 'natural order of society' is only YOUR belief and is a belief not held by a large portion of our 'natural society.' Homosexual marriage will not lead to men becoming women or women becoming men or good becoming bad ... how stupid. It is a simply making a legal statement of what already exists in our society, giving the same basic rights those couples in committed relationships. (Your statement echos what has been said in the past of interracial marriages not that many years ago.)

Old 06-28-2013, 05:14 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhorsewoman View Post
Homosexual marriage does not 'mock God.' Your belief that it is the 'natural order of society' is only YOUR belief and is a belief not held by a large portion of our 'natural society.' Homosexual marriage will not lead to men becoming women or women becoming men or good becoming bad ... how stupid. It is a simply making a legal statement of what already exists in our society, giving the same basic rights those couples in committed relationships. (Your statement echos what has been said in the past of interracial marriages not that many years ago
.)
Wow, great! I just wanted to add that it really makes me laugh when people sin (i.e. assuming what G-d wants) by calling out a sin.

Christians, I tell ya.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:19 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhorsewoman View Post
Homosexual marriage does not 'mock God.' Your belief that it is the 'natural order of society' is only YOUR belief and is a belief not held by a large portion of our 'natural society.' Homosexual marriage will not lead to men becoming women or women becoming men or good becoming bad ... how stupid. It is a simply making a legal statement of what already exists in our society, giving the same basic rights those couples in committed relationships. (Your statement echos what has been said in the past of interracial marriages not that many years ago.)
Interracial marriages have existed since the beginning of time. Homosexual marriage is a Western invention.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:22 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times
Quote:
Interracial marriages have existed since the beginning of time. Homosexual marriage is a Western invention.
Nope, try again

History of same-sex unions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-28-2013, 05:23 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
This is about equal with the thread with one guy stating that he wasn't going sit still and allow gay marriage to continue or whatever the heck it was he said.

The opinion of a single person is pretty meaningless. Even the opinion of someone like the president is pretty meaningless without a whole lot of others behind that idea.

I doubt very seriously there is here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies