Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 06:51 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I'd call them Democrats, since that is the group of people trying to deny Americans the most rights, be it gun control, freedom of speech, etc.
Where in the Constitution does it say a group of people can not try to deny your rights?

You have no second amnedment right in my home. The US Constitution was written to place limits on govenments. No where does the Cosntitution say that I, as a private US citizen, can not limit your rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 07:02 AM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Bigot - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

So, people who disagree with you aren't necessarily bigots. Because the argument could be made that you are bigoted against gun owners. Let's stop throwing this word around and using it so immaturly, to only refer to people who simply disagree with you.
The word racist is tossed around a lot also when it is unwarranted.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:05 AM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yep. Followed by a stream of invective, laced with phrases like "you repugs" or "you rednecks", with said phrases acentuated with uncomplimentary adjectives. And, usually, the closing remarks are about how wonderful liberalism is because, by definition, liberals can't be bigots. Bwahahahabahaha!!!
White supremist is another one of their favorites.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:08 AM

26,493 posts, read 15,070,512 times
A liberal yesterday called me a "racist" because I said that so far the defense was winning the Zimmerman case. When I asked for specific racist things that I said another liberal chimed in that I didn't mention evidence against Zimmerman, which was racist.

Liberals are some of the least tolerant people I know. Especially many of the liberal teachers I work with.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:11 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
White supremist is another one of their favorites.
I've informed you countless times, in another thread that if you do not know how to spell the word correctly, to stop using it.

supremacist
Quote:
su·prem·a·cist
/səˈpreməsist/
Noun
An advocate of the supremacy of a particular group, esp. one determined by race or sex: "a white supremacist".
http://www.city-data.com/forum/29700475-post84.html

Old 06-29-2013, 07:14 AM

I had a white liberal teacher talk about how he was tolerant towards everyone except intolerant people. Then he mentioned that that is why the only people he can't tolerate are southerners. I mentioned that not all southerners were intolerant and intolerance can be found everywhere...he responded that yeah he needed to clarify it as "white southerners" -- the point went right over his own intolerant head. He is a nice guy, but no saint of tolerance when it comes to ideas or southern whites. No wonder a southern white student who moved to Michigan complained that he was unfair.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:23 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
A liberal yesterday called me a "racist" because I said that so far the defense was winning the Zimmerman case. When I asked for specific racist things that I said another liberal chimed in that I didn't mention evidence against Zimmerman, which was racist.

Liberals are some of the least tolerant people I know. Especially many of the liberal teachers I work with.
Yeah, but you live in Michigan. I went to UM and got my Masters at Western. If I had a nickel for every person that told me "Malcom X ruined Benton Harbor!" or "MLK ruined Kalamazoo!" I'd be swimming in nickels.

You never account for the history of your state.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Yeah, but you live in Michigan. I went to UM and got my Masters at Western. If I had a nickel for every person that told me "Malcom X ruined Benton Harbor!" or "MLK ruined Kalamazoo!" I'd be swimming in nickels.

You never account for the history of your state.
Great points, you can find some level of intolerance in all people of all races, being myopic about it and focusing on a single region is in fact intolerant.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:13 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
A responsible and productive member of society? And usually a good parent?
But what if they aren't responsible or productive? What if they teach their children their homophobic ways and thus are bad parents? No, your idea's not inclusive enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I think what you mean is "anyone who argues with liberals".
Lacks a certain je ne sais quoi, know what I mean? Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Depends.

If the person to be treated as a second-class citizen is a white male, the term is social liberal.
I think you've confused being treated as a second class citizen with being sad because you say things that make people not like you much.

I have it! How about "pearl clutchers"?

Old 06-29-2013, 02:25 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Where in the Constitution does it say a group of people can not try to deny your rights?

You have no second amnedment right in my home. The US Constitution was written to place limits on govenments. No where does the Cosntitution say that I, as a private US citizen, can not limit your rights.
This is just, stupid.

We're not talking about having our rights limited in your home. That doesn't even make sense.

He is talking about people who try to make the government to exceed those limits. Which as you just said, they are not allowed to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies