Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 10:17 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Do tell me where I made a personal attack against you?
I didn't.
But your posts are frequently filled with lies and propaganda that are easily debunked.

When you don't like being called out for your posts and asking for actual facts and proof, you seem to run to the mods and post that we're attacking you.
Ineffective ploy.
I post links but it's only your opinion they are full of lies. You don't like the facts and proof they reveal. I only report posts that are personally offensive. I never use to report anything but it got so bad I had to start doing it. The mods must have agreed or the posts would have stayed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 10:19 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Great points, I totally agree!

Someone who is a Christian...in a very trusted position.........how can they do these evil things???
Because they are evil and need to be rooted out. It's not only Churches though, it's in all sectors of society but like the bible says, those in charge of people's souls will be punished more severely.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:05 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And yet the Catholic hierarchy and their followers seem to think they are in a position to critique/dictate the sexual lives of others.

Hypocrisy at its finest.
Pedophilia is contrary to Catholic teaching. So is sex with a person of the same sex. Of course you knew that. But you're attempting to insinuate the Catholic hierarchy and lay Catholics believe and teach that not only is it morally okay for priests to break their vows but that it is okay for them to have sex with males as well.

That's not what the Church teaches.

There is something I find more disturbing how the Church responded. Being raised as a cradle Catholic I know the culture and the once high esteem priests were placed in. Their theological role within the Church. I'm flabbergasted the hierarchy assumed on the advice of psychologists that most these children would be psychologically fine once they grew into adults and would have little memory of the events. What's astounding is that both the hierarchy and psychologists were educated adults. But the heirachy should have especially known better because they know what a priest symbolizes to a young Catholic child. I can't even begin to imagine how a Catholic child felt, the sheer shock and horror, of a priest fondling them let alone performing greater sexual acts on them. It's almost up there with a parent doing that to their own child.

The Church should learn from this experience to be weary of what pronouncements psychology makes.

This Bishop is a good man. I know of him beyond headlines. But being put in a position of leadership will always come with the curse of "hard decisions" with limited understanding and or information. And I'm not sure any leader can make all people happy all the time. Obama seems to have his critics and so did George Bush before him.

'Prepare to be shocked,' Milwaukee archbishop warns of priest sex files

Quote:
In their letters, both Listecki and Sklba emphasized a common theme within the church hierarchy throughout the sex abuse scandal — that the understanding of child sex abuse has evolved, and that — to use Listecki's words, "it is easy to question decisions of the past with the insight of today."

Over 40 years, Sklba wrote, "society's general attitude toward perpetrators of sexual abuse moved in a trajectory from understanding abuse as sin with the possibility of forgiveness, to psychological flaw with hope of treatment, to deeper issues of addiction and finally to criminal activity."
The bold my emphasis.

The bold part is true. Today's views and understanding have changed. Treatment--like rehab for drug addicts--were routinely prescribed decades ago for pedophilia in particular. And just as addicts graduating rehab, pedophiles completing therapy were viewed as returnable to their duties.

This can even be gleaned by how many times U.S. courts allowed serial pedophile rapists (some that abducted kids and even murdered them) back out into American society. Nota bene: secular society leaders of the U.S. cities did not notify the public when said pedophiles were being released into their communities.

What changed things were the serial offenses and outraged Americans and parents over children being abducted, raped, and even murdered at times by repeat offenders living in their communities.

It might be noted that these policies allowing for re-offenses were originally birthed by the minds of social and political liberals.

As for Judas' allowed among the Apostles' the Church only follows the example of Jesus. The only unforgivable sin some say, is suicide. Even pedophilia, rape, and murder are forgivable.

I find hypocrisy in the fact liberals and those that champion all views held in mainstream psychology as true, conveniently sweep their role in all of this under the rug. Why shouldn't lawsuits be brought against the Democratic Party for all the raped and murdered U.S. children it low sentence and early release from prison polices for serial pedophiles it pushed for years? For its role in secretly placing these dangerous men in the neighborhoods American child played in?

Old 06-30-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
All pedophiles are filthy pervs. Gender orientation is on a different plane than rape. Gender orientation is not the problem in the church. Rape is.
It is in Italy when underage boys are being picked up at secular gay bars that are legal bars to operate.

It is true the Church needs to face up to its role in providing fertile ground for priests doing this to young boys. Likewise it is true the gay community and its liberal supporters need to face up to their role in providing fertile ground for men to have sex with underage boys in this "Twink" fetish.

And conservatives need to start telling liberals to own up to helping young boys be butt f___ by gay men with Twink fetishes.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Priests forcefully snoodling with a nun and murdering the newborn is worse... Maybe not much more than pedophilia... But it it's.
So, you have a prejudice against all priests even if they're not personally "all up in your video" and bothering you. And you beef with these guys because of their vocation and vows of celibacy:

Or
Vl
From MIT to Specola Vaticana: Guy Consolmagno at TEDxViadellaConciliazione - YouTube

With Roman collar:
Fear and the End of Life - YouTube
Dr. Myles Sheehan - YouTube

Old 07-01-2013, 12:52 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Supine....you sure do seem to think liberals have a lot of power.....they control the court systems, they control mental health professionals, and they control the Catholic Church. LOL

Tell me, just what role did liberals have in the Catholic Church's policy to protect their sexual offenders by shipping them off to another parish instead of turning them over to local authorities for prosecution?

Last edited by Annie53; 07-01-2013 at 01:08 AM..

Old 07-01-2013, 12:54 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Because they are evil and need to be rooted out. It's not only Churches though, it's in all sectors of society but like the bible says, those in charge of people's souls will be punished more severely.
BS, not every segment of society protects pedophiles for decades.

Most companies would fire you in a heartbeat if you molested a kid.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:06 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Not that case, but there are countless others.

Catholic priests abusing nuns for sex | World news | The Guardian
This cracked me up. These priests have no problem breaking their vow of celibacy.....but apparently they do have a problem with using a condom. LOL

Quote:

"The superior of a religious community in one country was contacted by
priests who asked her to make the nuns available for sexual services," she
wrote.
On the superior's refusal, the priests said they would otherwise have to go
to the village to look for women, exposing themselves to the risk of Aids."
Catholics....what twisted minds they have......scary.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:16 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Great points, I totally agree!

Someone who is a Christian...in a very trusted position.........how can they do these evil things???
Obviously they aren't Christian at that point. Just like someone who has sex before marriage or gets divorced and remarried. Just because one claims to be Christian, does not mean they are.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:23 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
It is in Italy when underage boys are being picked up at secular gay bars that are legal bars to operate.
The problem is that the boys are underage. In the US, there exists gay bars without such problems. Italy needs to get around the issue of pedophilia. Not the issue of gender orientation.
Quote:

It is true the Church needs to face up to its role in providing fertile ground for priests doing this to young boys. Likewise it is true the gay community and its liberal supporters need to face up to their role in providing fertile ground for men to have sex with underage boys in this "Twink" fetish.
The Church needs to more than just that. It needs to face up to all the types of rape and pedophelia it is involved with. Majority of men and women don't attack children like you imply.
Quote:

And conservatives need to start telling liberals to own up to helping young boys be butt f___ by gay men with Twink fetishes.
I don't know what a "Twink fetish" is. I don't hang around in the same circles as you. This is not really a conservative/liberal issue. You're really just jumping to quite a bit of conclusions and applying inductive reasoning to support nonsense. Try some critical thinking instead and you'll realize that your opinions are quite flawed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies