Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 04:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Hm - what other choice do authorities have BUT to investigate stuff like this. Imagine this guy had been serious... The local police department would be in serious trouble if they had ignored this "threat" after being made aware of it.
This wouldn't be a story if they had just investigated it. I think you know that though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 04:48 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
The kid threatens to shoot up his school and eat the hearts of fellow students. ( Just joking of course)
Someone blows the whistle on him. His parents have since launched a petition to protest their son's situation on the grounds of freedom of speech.

Is it always necessary for one stupid act to be followed by another?

Maybe the court will inspire he and his parents to consider other alternatives. "I am sorry. I meant no harm" would be a good starting point.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:54 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The kid threatens to shoot up his school and eat the hearts of fellow students. ( Just joking of course)
Someone blows the whistle on him. His parents have since launched a petition to protest their son's situation on the grounds of freedom of speech.

Is it always necessary for one stupid act to be followed by another?

Maybe the court will inspire he and his parents to consider other alternatives. "I am sorry. I meant no harm" would be a good starting point.
I would say a half million dollar bail and three months in jail would get me to ask my lawyer what to do to get out of this. At least (assuming) with a public defender they lawyer isn't going around making it worse like these other cases by declaring the defendant will fight the charges to the death (jk of course).

Old 06-29-2013, 04:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well; of course:

Terrance and Phillip in Not Without My Anus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

**Blushing** ~ I had no freak'n idea who or what they were! A furious google moment followed
I didn't, either, but apparently Lionsgators thinks they're the most famous Canadians.
My kid probably knows who they are. I hear South Park is quite popular with teenaged boys.
And alcoholics.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:11 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
So, is this a sarcastic remark?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/26869367-post240.html

I have many more of these bookmarked which were passed on to the United States Secret Service.
And, it does not matter if this post is deleted, it's been printed as well as others of a threatening nature.
You have got to be kidding. You spend all your time going over and printing out old post's to send to the Secret Service ? That's funny as hell. ROLMFAO. I'll bet they just stay up nights waiting to get your latest hit list. hahaha My ribs hurt from rolling around on the floor laughing.

Seriously, you don't have anything better to do than compile commie (enemy threat) lists ? Snitching on CD & faceook "sarcasm" ? Hilarious no end !!!!!! Bet you report to "attack watch" daily ,huh ? lol

In a way, I feel for you. It's pathetic that you have so little to do with your life that you feel the need to become the " Czar of Sarcasm" . I'll bet you even have a big red phone to report all those wrong doers ,don't you ? yukyuk

I guess it's not a joke... OHH NNO, I hear cars screeching to a halt out there, & here come the guys In trench coats with guns. That's a black helicopter landing on the lawn. I better get.......

Last edited by jjwebbster; 06-29-2013 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: space

Old 06-29-2013, 06:33 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
So to hell with free speech? Fascism, it is the new trend I see.
Now don't be put'n words in my mouth there Nomander. My intended message was not to force compliance through "policing" the requirement of civility, but rather to expect it from an early age on. It must be taught.

I can vividly remember being admonished along with my 4 year older brother for referring to the elderly bachelor farmer down the road as an "a****le". "I don't care if he IS an "a****le" he deserves your respect until you get to be his age and haven't turned out to be an "a****le* yourself".

Treating each other with a modicum of respect is so damnably easy versus the alternative of working up a sour snit-sweat.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:44 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
So, is this a sarcastic remark?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/26869367-post240.html

I have many more of these bookmarked which were passed on to the United States Secret Service.
And, it does not matter if this post is deleted, it's been printed as well as others of a threatening nature.
this is getting beyond ridiculous!

Old 06-29-2013, 06:57 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Yea, shouldnt post stupid **** on the internet.
Shooting threat at 4chan leads to arrest, closure of over 20 Dutch schools | The Verge

Old 06-29-2013, 07:01 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
the internet has become a very dangerous tool. it is no longer fun.
it can get u, fired, jailed and fined and in debt.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:29 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Liberalism in action folks! Get your fill!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies