Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 06:39 AM

252 posts, read 263,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Not strong enough of a word.....people are being destroyed for speaking freely......Destroyed......what purpose is there in that but control of thought?? There is not freedom in that. Yes..it is tyrannical and a whole lot more.
Paula certainly is not being destroyed. I do not think anyone would agree that you should be allowed to say anything you want to and have no consequences. It is not the control of thought that was the problem but the control of spoken words. I think when people speak so rhetorically, and with such emotive and obviously provocative wording, I become more skeptical of what they are saying. Paula was free to do what she wanted of course. Would you restrict the freedom of others to speak against her, and from withholding their money from her, so that she could enjoy the freedom to speak without consequence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 06:43 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,747,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I'm betting that Paula Deen pays a huge amount in Federal Taxes, which pay for Leftist excesses (the money that gets redistributed to Leftist "causes").

Your ignorance about wealth and poverty, how jobs are created and what drives an economy, is astounding, yet, sadly, typical. You represent everything that is wrong in America today. Ignorance is destroying us.

I have never in my life worked at any company where there is no loyalty between Employer and Employee. That must occur only between Union employees and employers, and that would be understandable, since Union people are only loyal to the Union. They have an adversarial relationship with their employers.
If you think your employer gives a zhit about you, think again. They could care less if you drop dead tomorrow, unless you make lotsa money for them.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:58 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,497,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post

Actually I'm sure Ms Deen is a decent human being, but she's a big hot blubbering mess when it comes to PR and communicating. If I were a sponsor/partner involved with her, I too would be backpedaling as far as I could right now. Not because of the N word thing but because of the "I is what I is" and "throw a rock at my head" thing.
This is exactly it in my opinion. She needs to take a big step back herself. No more Youtube dramas; no television appearances until she has her head together. Her today show fiasco sealed the deal with her sponsors; it was a real disaster.

I've no doubt that she can come back but she will have to pull it together before any sponsors want to associate wit her.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yes. She volunteered her black employees to play the part of slaves in a plantation themed wedding.

I think her bad press started when she was diagnosed with diabetes and [/quote
for three years she told no one and kept cooking her high fat, high sugar, foods
on her show. Most people, when they find they have a bad condition, warn others
that they should refrain from the activities that cause that condition. She did
just the opposite, encouraging people to eat the very diet that enhances
diabetes.
I think many of her business affiliates were looking at her with jaundiced eyes anyway and that 'n' word usage was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

She has shown complete insensitivity to others in all these actions. Even, in her 'apology', there was little 'I'm sorry' and a lot of
Quote:
'They are out to get me

I do not agree that in moderation it causes/leads to diabetes, it is mostly heredity. Eating this stuff once in a while doesn't hurt any one. As for them being out to get her, I think they have for a while, they finally found a reason.

Last edited by Ghostrider275452; 06-30-2013 at 07:33 AM..

Old 06-30-2013, 07:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,497,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Yes, it is. Except I'd go a step farther. In the present day, it is tyranny induced by fear, not manners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyjack View Post
Do you really believe that political correctness is tyranny? Tyranny is quite the strong word....tyranny?
We're big on hyperbole here on CD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Not strong enough of a word.....people are being destroyed for speaking freely......Destroyed......what purpose is there in that but control of thought?? There is not freedom in that. Yes..it is tyrannical and a whole lot more.
See?

Old 06-30-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
If you do say so yourself.
I thought it was a hoot.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,979,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
She can owe her success to Food Network. She was a no body before them. So no, she did not become a success on her own. And this has nothing to do with leftists. Her fallout began when she hid her diabetes but yet continued to push her unhealthy food. Food Network had to do damage control when that happened. What exactly is their political correctness. They are just a cooking network that doesn't want the drama or controversy.
Actually she was "somebody" which made Food Network take notice and hire her. I'm sure she didn't go to them asking for a job, they had a show idea and went looking for personalities like her,Alton Brown,Emerile Lagasse etc to fill it up.

Her restaurant is/has/was doing just fine without television and I'd bet part of her is wishing she never set foot on TV.

Like I told her on her website, she doesn't need any of this garbage, she's proven over the years she is a good person albeit with flaws like everyone else on this planet and certainly doesn't need the money so she ought to just semi-retire, enjoy her family, her restaurants and live life confident in the fact that no matter what all these P.C. loons say she'll still have done way more in life and made way more money and people happy than any of them will in 2 lifetimes.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
If you think your employer gives a zhit about you, think again. They could care less if you drop dead tomorrow, unless you make lotsa money for them.
I was going to say "unless they're the beneficiary of your heafty life insurance policy"

Old 06-30-2013, 09:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,638,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."- Charlton Heston
Very true, but what's hilarious is how much hypocrisy of the left is being revealed in this. Contrast the treatment they're giving Paula Deen, a woman with the absolute nothing they're doing to Alec Baldwin because he is a man.

Conservatives would not do the witch hunt on either, but the Liberals want the woman burned at the stake but not the man who can simply laugh his political incorrect words off. Sexism at it's worst.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Very true, but what's hilarious is how much hypocrisy of the left is being revealed in this. Contrast the treatment they're giving Paula Deen, a woman with the absolute nothing they're doing to Alec Baldwin because he is a man.

Conservatives would not do the witch hunt on either, but the Liberals want the woman burned at the stake but not the man who can simply laugh his political incorrect words off. Sexism at it's worst.
Good point! Let's not forget good old Mel Gibson and his rants that were caught on video and audio. I guess if it's not directed at black people or is done by a rabid hollywood liberal it's just ducky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies