Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 10:20 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,025,709 times

Advertisements

Oversight: Lerner waived her 5th Amendment rights, will have to testify « Hot Air

Good, not that I expect the truth from her, but we'll see what happens.

Here is a little more about Lerner: BREAKING>>> Lois Lerner Told Republican in 1996:

Its no wonder she doesnt want to tell the truth. She has a history with this exact sort of thing that just happened with the IRS.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,337,210 times
Yeah..I'm curious to see what's she's hiding since she testified several times before with no problems.
Perjury perhaps ?

She was better off saying "I don't recall exactly when" like those above her.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:42 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,929,488 times
The Committee can not force her to speak. If she holds to her 5th amendment right, then the committee can hold her in contempt of Congress.

This will head to court.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:45 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,025,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
The Committee can not force her to speak. If she holds to her 5th amendment right, then the committee can hold her in contempt of Congress.

This will head to court.
She waived that right by opening her mouth. And I'm sure some of you dont want her to say a word. You dont want her to have to talk

Old 06-29-2013, 11:01 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,082,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
She waived that right by opening her mouth. And I'm sure some of you dont want her to say a word. You dont want her to have to talk
She didn't waive her right to not talk. She waved her right to not get put in jail for not talking.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:26 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,971,875 times
The rug sweeping is on all fronts now. Not much about all the "scandals" anymore. Dear leader ran off and the media has focused on trying to get race riots started if zimmerman is freed and how wonderful gay marriage is for us all.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:31 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,929,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
That is not correct.

That is why it is headed to court. she is not going to speak...

Do you understand the 5th amendment? It has nothing to do with what I want. You want. or the committee wants.

There has been no court ruling as to whether her giving opening remarks constitutes waving of her 5th amendment rights.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:32 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,971,875 times
Oh wait the media grilled Obo on his trip to Africa.............

During his flight to Africa aboard Air Force One, President Obama headed to the part of the plane where the travelling press corps was seated and held an impromptu news briefing.
Despite the many scandals currently swirling around the administration including NSA spying and lying, Benghazi lying, and the revelation that the IRS's political attacks on conservative groups was even more widespread than originally thought, the left-leaning journalists did not ask Obama a single tough question.
As first reported by Daniel Halper at the Weekly Standard via the pool report, here are the questions that were asked of the president:
  • Can you talk about this -- is this what you see as your legacy for Africa -- a kind of changed model? I mean, a lot of analysts back in Washington are talking about how you’re not making the kind of grand programs that Bush and Clinton did in Africa, and so I’m wondering if you can address that a little bit.
  • Mr. President, can you say -- one of the criticisms leveled at the United States is that it’s fallen behind China in terms of the amount of attention that it gives to Africa. President Xi has made numerous visits; this is your first extended visit. How does the United States compete with China in terms of showing its interest and in the reduced-budget world that we’re living in?
  • What kind of commitments do you think U.S. companies are looking for from you on this trip to be able to see Africa as a continent for investment? And what kind of signal does the expo today -- what should that be sending to companies back home?
  • Sir, looking forward to your trip in South Africa comes at a time when, obviously, a lot of people in the region are focused on the ailing health of Nelson Mandela. I know you have a relationship with him -- do you hope to visit him? Do you think that your message there will change?
  • Have you gotten an update on his condition or talked to his family lately?
[LEFT]
Read more: In Press Briefing, Reporters Don
[/LEFT]

Old 06-29-2013, 01:33 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,080,074 times
Put her in gitmo.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:35 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,310,857 times
I think any public servant who can't account for their behavior on the job without incriminating themselves should be fired, but I'm with Lerner on this one. You have a right not to incriminate yourself; saying that you're not guilty doesn't abolish that right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies