Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 09:58 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Also a lie: Trayvon said "you got me."
How do you know what Trayvon said ?

GZ has said several times that after the shot, Trayvon set back and said something to the effect that "OK you got it" or "OK you got me".

Old 07-01-2013, 09:59 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Hope we get to see this drawing in evidence. I am very interested in seeing it as there has been so much speculation on where Zimmerman did and did not go that night (e.g. down the dog alley or not).

Old 07-01-2013, 10:00 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
According to GZ, TM asked GZ..."Do you have a problem?"

...and GZ still did not take the opportunity to tell TM who he was and why he was keeping TM under surveillance? What a dunce! It is dangerous to give dumbed down people a sense of authority/power as they do not have the common sense to use it logically.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:01 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
It was the inoperable flashlight that shone on the body of evidence repositioned..
The shining.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:02 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
There is no way you can prove Martin attempted to murder him....and I an 99.9% positive that Martin did not have any intention on doing so.

But NOT A SINGLE PERSON in this world can determine whether Zimmerman, at that very moment, feared for his life or not. If he was in fact getting pummeled....who is to say he WASN'T?
Zimmerman is a PERSON. He says he knows what happens. So, according to your assertion, Zimmerman could get on the witness stand and tell the jury directly what happened. Why would you suggest or think that he not do that?

Old 07-01-2013, 10:03 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Not a lie yet. You're assuming tm died immediately. Did you stay at a Medical Examiner's house last night.
The bullet pierced Trayvon's lung, and his heart. The heart would stop beating, his lungs would flood with blood and he would basically suffocate on his own blood. Based on what I understand about physiology, death is pretty well instantaneous. You would not be able to speak after this, to my knowledge. At different times he also says Trayvon sat up and said that. You definitely would not be able to sit up after this type of mortal injury. My understanding is you might stay alive for a few seconds, but you would be immobilized and not be able to speak. But I will be interested to hear what the medical examiner says because this is an important point.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:03 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Hope we get to see this drawing in evidence. I am very interested in seeing it as there has been so much speculation on where Zimmerman did and did not go that night (e.g. down the dog alley or not).
I would too. When did the interview we're now listening to take place? The night of the shooting? It seems to follow what he stated in the reenactment quite well. But the map/drawing could blow that out of the water.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:04 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I would too. When did the interview we're now listening to take place? The night of the shooting? It seems to follow what he stated in the reenactment quite well. But the map/drawing could blow that out of the water.
Yes, this is after he was brought to the station that night.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:08 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The bullet pierced Trayvon's lung, and his heart. The heart would stop beating, his lungs would flood with blood and he would basically suffocate on his own blood. Based on what I understand about physiology, death is pretty well instantaneous. You would not be able to speak after this, to my knowledge. At different times he also says Trayvon sat up and said that. You definitely would not be able to sit up after this type of mortal injury. My understanding is you might stay alive for a few seconds, but you would be immobilized and not be able to speak. But I will be interested to hear what the medical examiner says because this is an important point.

I can't speak for humans. But I have shot game with heart/lung shots. They did not die immediately, and often can travel considerable distance. A 9mm handgun doesn't cause a lot of hydrostatic shock like a high powered rifle bullet, and the damage is more in like with an archery (arrow) shot than a rifle bullet. I have also watched several ACTUAL shooting videos as part of some CCW courses. Not Hollywood movie crap. I have never seen a chest/torso shot cause immediate death in any of these. Our CCW instructor advises shooting above the "nipple line" or "armpit line". In addition to vital organs, there are a great number of nerves and "spinal connections" (med professional can probably come up with a better term) that will be more effective for an immediate stop to a threat.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:11 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
There is an absence of concrete evidence that Zimmie's wounds came from anything but his flaccid flashlight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies