Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 03:50 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Not guilty does NOT mean innocent.

Plus you can be sure that the Defense will make a motion to the Court at the close of the State's evidence (when the State rests), to dismiss the case. However, that is a motion that is made in almost every case by the Defense at the close of the State's case; it won't be unusual to make such a motion in this case. And the Judge may grant it, if the motion and State's presentation of the evidence meets the legal requirement for a dismissal.
Does that happen often? Cases being requested to be dismissed during trial?

Old 07-01-2013, 03:53 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Does that happen often? Cases being requested to be dismissed during trial?
I have only seen two cases in the courtroom and it was asked both times and it was denied both times.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:53 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times
Quote:
Not guilty does NOT mean innocent.

Plus you can be sure that the Defense will make a motion to the Court at the close of the State's evidence (when the State rests), to dismiss the case. However, that is a motion that is made in almost every case by the Defense at the close of the State's case; it won't be unusual to make such a motion in this case. And the Judge may grant it, if the motion and State's presentation of the evidence meets the legal requirement for a dismissal.
Zimmerman is innocent of any wrongdoing. Zimmerman will be found 'not guilty' in this trial - a case that never should have gone to trial. Zimmerman is as innocent of any crime as you [likely] are.

There is definite reason to dismiss this case. The state has no evidence...except to prove the defense's case - that Zimmerman is innocent of any wrongdoing.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:54 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,825 times
Maybe Travon turned around, walked back down that sidewalk to the T hollered at GZ punched him in the nose and then got on top of him and started pounding his face and slamming his head into the concrete.

And got shot

Quote:
I can't even watch anymore. The State lead attorney on this case is presenting their evidencce in the most pathetic manner think I've ever seen, and calling witnesses who are not helpful to his case, and then spends hours questioning them! He clearly is putting on the state's evidence in an enormously confusing manner. I'm starting to wonder whether or not ANYBODY in the State Attorney's office actually bothered to talk to any of their witnesses PRIOR to the trial. It certainly doesn't sound like it. Bernie sucks at trial work. IMO, he seems in way over his head. I also think he has lost this case at this point.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:56 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Zimmerman's statement during a hostile interview: "Thank god, I really hope someone videotaped it".

OK, this turkey is done, stick a fork in in for crissake. It's getting embarrasing for the state now.

Perfect timing for the defense to end the day with this.

The only real questions are why did the state attorney let this turkey of a case get off the ground in the first place? And how did it get past a grand jury? Unless something really dramatic comes up from the forensic evidence, they are looking incompetant, petty and somewhat racist right now. I have to wonder if she did so simply to advance her career...which btw is circling the drain, along with this case, right about now.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 07-01-2013 at 04:04 PM..

Old 07-01-2013, 03:56 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
So nice of CNN to broadcast Zimmermans personal info, including social security number
Accidentally my eye!

Old 07-01-2013, 03:57 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I overestimated the strength of the blood evidence and gz's inconsistent statements. I believed the jury could use that to reject self defense, and punish gz with a manslaughter verdict. Unlike you and some of the other IAmTrayons, I still don't think it's over.
I think the inconsistent statements evidence is being so very poorly presented that it's failing at this point. Of course, there's always the ME testimony and closing arguments to "tie" all the evidence together. However, so far, IMO, O'Mara is beating Bernie.

However, the caveat again, I never predict what a jury will do, so I should remember my own words. I don't know and can't really guess what the jury will do. However, from my observation, I think the State is doing a very poor job. Don't know what the jury will think.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:01 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Zimmerman is innocent of any wrongdoing. Zimmerman will be found 'not guilty' in this trial - a case that never should have gone to trial.
That ^^^^ is JUST YOUR OPINION unless you were a fly on Zimmerman's shoulder and witnessed everything that took place.

I would also suggest that you do not know the legal requirements for dismissal of a case. If you do, please post a link giving us all that information.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:02 PM

It would be a tough decision if I were Z. I'd want to ask them to ask for dismissal but then the State would probably just be pressured to go after me again. I think id lean toward keeping on and take a chance that the jury isn't stupid or biased and go off evidence presented. But I'd stress to my Defense to basically not to over do it during their turn. Keep it short and simple since the State proves most your case

Old 07-01-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Zimmerman's statement during a hostile interview: "Thank god, I really hope someone videotaped it".

OK, this is done, stick a fork in in for crissake. It's getting embarrasing for the state now.

Perfect timing for the defense to end the day with this.
Ditto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies