Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 10:18 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sociopaths are often good LIARS.
Chris Serino testified today that he would take "Pathological liar" off the table.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
George stated that Trayvon was pounding his head on the sidewalk, not that he was being punched repeatedly in the face and head. Going by that, I think that asking how you hold a bald head and beat it against a sidewalk w/o getting their blood on your hands or under your nails. And thank you for treating this subject in a serious way.
But we don't know what GZ is meaning by pounding his head. We are assuming he grabbed his head. Did GZ say TM had his hands on his head pounding him on the sidewalk. I don't recall that exact wording.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I just posted a map of that. It is the street leading into the front of the complex and also the back. Twin Tree Lane, soon to be renamed Execution Alley---(don't wander over here, intrepid wanderers....you will die.)
Some panel debating the issue on TV just brought up a point that occurred to me as soon as I heard it in Zimmerman's testimony today. He stated that he reached for the cell phone in his pocket while in the presence of TM. Why would he do that when in the heat of a possible conflict, it would appear threatening to reach into your pockets. It seems that everything he did was just downright stupid with a total lack of foresight. If TM thought that GZ was reaching for a weapon, of course he would be on the defensive, especially since he was already creeped out.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:25 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It seems particularly odd that someone familiar with driving around the complex would not know that.
If you go to google maps and type in Twin Tree Lane, and then move the little figure to street view, and go to the entrance, you will see that the street sign for Twin Tree Lane is right there, at the entrance ! I don't know how to capture it as a pic, but if you zoom in you will see it.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:25 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
It's a shame how some racists see it as humorous that a mans freedom rests in the balance. As their case for seeing his life destroyed comes apart, their true nature is coming out. Truly disgusting individuals.

It is good to see that our judicial process actually seems to be working. That observations are being testified to. That a Hispanic man may actually get a fair trial, at least in court, if not in the media or on the web.

The "hostile" witness that testified to Zimmerman's comment when told Ms cell phone may have captured the video of the event: "Thank god someone got a video". Not exactly the words of a man trying to hide something. Stick a fork in this turkey, this case is done.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Some panel debating the issue on TV just brought up a point that ocurred to me as soon as I heard it in Zimmermans testimony today. He stated that he reached for the cell phone in his pocket while in the presence of TM. Why would he do that when in the heat of a possible conflict, it would appear threatening to reach into your pockets. It seems that everything he did was just downright stupid with a total lack of foresight. If TM thought that GZ was reaching for a weapon, of course he would be on the defensive, especially since he was already creeped out.
Wouldn't his phone be viewed as a threat - calling 911? Wouldn't that be enough to, possibly, make TM back away? So, why did TM hit him then? To stop GZ from making a call?

Old 07-01-2013, 10:27 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Some panel debating the issue on TV just brought up a point that ocurred to me as soon as I heard it in Zimmermans testimony today. He stated that he reached for the cell phone in his pocket while in the presence of TM. Why would he do that when in the heat of a possible conflict, it would appear threatening to reach into your pockets. It seems that everything he did was just downright stupid with a total lack of foresight. If TM thought that GZ was reaching for a weapon, of course he would be on the defensive, especially since he was already creeped out.
Excellent point---I hope the prosecution points that out!

Old 07-01-2013, 10:27 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That a Hispanic man may actually get a fair trial, at least in court, if not in the media or on the web.
Yes, it is great to see this Hispanic man have justice serve him accordingly, isn't it?

Old 07-01-2013, 10:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Well, the GZ supporters are of the mindset that Trayvon Martin should have allowed GZ to do whatever he wanted to do to him without TM defending himself. So if GZ wanted to drag TM into his car and rape him in the behind and chop his head off (a la Jeffrey Dahmer) then TM should have compiled with that too. This all boils down to TM having to bend to the will of any non-Black person.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:29 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Excellent point---I hope the prosecution points that out!
Hear that swirling sound????

That's the sound of despair and hope going down the drain with this trial.

Assume the position folks and brace for impact...it's almost over
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies