U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-02-2013, 08:51 AM

3,345 posts, read 4,243,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Getting more interesting. They are getting into some discussion about the gunshot forensics and how it relates to the position of M vs Z at the time the gunshot occured.
I'm still back at the slim jim.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:56 AM

7,953 posts, read 6,055,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
puh-leeze... he used the words aholes and f'in punks.

not big news. I'd guess that even members of the prosecution have used those words.
But, given the context of the situation....and that the teen he referred to by those names was shot and killed by him just minutes later....It is what it is.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:58 AM

13,885 posts, read 4,253,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Prosecution:The tides may be turning. Using the witnesses own testimony to point out keys issues is perfect.

Defense: Must be some vile words George used if they are bleaping them. Ok for George not ok for Trayvon to say ugly words? Double standard....IMO
If you'd watch a decent source, you'd see NONE of the words are being bleeped.

/sigh

Old 07-02-2013, 09:00 AM

3,158 posts, read 1,621,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I'm still back at the slim jim.
First time I have ever heard anyone mention a slim jim was found close to where Trayvon might have been hiding.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:03 AM

Why are they asking Serino questions about blood flow, etc? Any reasonably intelligent person would know the answers, and blood flow is not Serino's area of expertise.

Waste of time.

Ahhhhhhhh, they're done.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:04 AM

7,953 posts, read 6,055,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
First time I have ever heard anyone mention a slim jim was found close to where Trayvon might have been hiding.
Yeah....5 days after....Quite a coincidence.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I hadn't heard that, either, but imo, it makes not one lick of difference. It's after the fact, by 5 days I think they said. Had it been found that night, or even the next day, it might matter.

I don't know of anyone who thinks Trayvon was armed, with a slim jim or anything else.

It's a simple assault/self-defense case. All this extraneous stuff is boring and waste of tax dollars.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:07 AM

8,101 posts, read 1,740,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The lack of blood on tm's hands is an issue. Put the punching aside, if tm covered gz's mouth and nose, any reasonable person would expect some blood on the smotherer's hands.

Did blood wash off in the rain, did someone at the scene screw up ? I don't know, but it remains a real question about That part of gz's statements.
I don't think there was enough rain for any DNA to "wash off"...if his mouth and nose were covered it's logical to expect DNA to be on Trayvons hands.

Now, the grass WAS wet and it was raining. So, when Trayvon was shot...maybe he struggled? Maybe he ran his hands through the wet grass and that contributed to it? Who knows.

Zimmerman also said Martin punched him about 25-30 times. And I believe that to be a lie. But I think it's an exaggeration because I still believe, based on the info presented, that Martin took it to Zimmerman.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:11 AM

5,409 posts, read 1,594,356 times
Seems like every time I tune into the trial, I hear another reason for reasonable doubt

Old 07-02-2013, 09:15 AM

3,158 posts, read 1,621,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I hadn't heard that, either, but imo, it makes not one lick of difference. It's after the fact, by 5 days I think they said. Had it been found that night, or even the next day, it might matter.

I don't know of anyone who thinks Trayvon was armed, with a slim jim or anything else.

It's a simple assault/self-defense case. All this extraneous stuff is boring and waste of tax dollars.
The defense can't link it to Trayvon, and the prosecution should have objected to the question. But they didn't, so now it's on the record.
Some people here seem obsessed with the fact that Trayvon wasn't committing a crime when Zimmerman made the NEN call. If a juror needs some reassurance that he could have been committing a crime, the slim jim reference might help them get over that hurdle.

It should be a simple self defense against assault case but the intense media coverage has turned it into much more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies