Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 11:02 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,492,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Even one traffic fatality is too many, we need to ban motor vehicles!
Are you seriously comparing abusing children to traffic fatalities?

Old 06-30-2013, 11:06 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,330,269 times
Human trafficking in Ghana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like Ghanians are more likely to throw children into situations like this than gay people are. They do after all have a whole wikipedia page on it. Maybe Ghanians (like the op), should be banned from adopting children.

Last edited by CravingMountains; 06-30-2013 at 11:49 PM..

Old 06-30-2013, 11:06 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,234,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Are you seriously comparing abusing children to traffic fatalities?
Well, let's me see here, every time they start talkin' about banning gunz here in the forum, the right wing nut jobs begin by sayin' we should ban cars, you know, because of deaths associated with both?

So I thought I'd give this thread a bit of a right wing nut job slant to your "even one child" argument!

Oh, BTW, http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...essed-gay.html

Old 06-30-2013, 11:11 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,266,143 times
Quote:
If you abuse boys you are gay
wrong.

Pedophiles and child molesters are simply attracted to pre-pubescent children, usually 6-12 years of age, sometimes younger.

A pedophile doesn't CARE about the sex of the child they abuse. Male or female, its about power.

Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation

Quote:
The distinction between a victim's gender and a perpetrator's sexual orientation is important because many child molesters don't really have an adult sexual orientation. They have never developed the capacity for mature sexual relationships with other adults, either men or women. Instead, their sexual attractions focus on children – boys, girls, or children of both sexes.
Gays and Pedophilia
Are Children at Risk for Sexual Abuse by Homosexuals?
Gays Aren't Major Offenders In Child-molestation Cases - Philly.com
STUDY FINDS FEW CASES OF CHILD SEX ABUSE BY GAYS | Deseret News

Quote:

98% of the boys in the study were molested by heterosexuals. Of that number, 75% were molested by heterosexual males KNOWN TO THE VICTIMS in an incestuous scenario.

99.5% of the girls in the study were molested by heterosexuals. Of that number, 80% were molested by heterosexual males KNOWN TO THE VICTIMS in an incestuous scenario.
Quote:
if you abuse girls you are straight and if you abuse both you are bi. Not too hard to understand. All abusers are nuts but they all have their preferences.
Studies says you are full of it

Old 06-30-2013, 11:21 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,483,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No - but it astonishes Harrier that liberals are so quick to minimize any report of gays molesting kids.

Why do you seem to be in denial that some homosexuals engage in such behavior, and want to deflect whenever such facts are pointed out?
Because you want to ban all gays from adopting because some gays molest, in the same token, since some straights molest, they should all be banned. See.

I am not minimizing child molestation, I was a victim myself at the age of 4 by an older straight brother, it only happened once and I made sure it never happened again. I think it is a horrible crime and know from first hand experience that it is control and manipulation and threats used against the child. I will never forget what he did and what he said. Unfortunately, he died when I was 12 and I never got to confront him about it and I would have. He was not gay, he was an abuser and a manipulater.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I don't bash gays at all. I participate in threads that are active in the forum. 90% of them are about gays. I don't start them.
You not only makeup your own definitions, but you also make up your own math. There are 65 threads in the first page of politics and controversies and of those 65, only 10 of them are about gays and of those 10, 8 were started as a base to attack gay people by notorious anti gay cd members. If you were to do real math, that is just over 10% of the treads in Politics and Controversies are gay related, yet 80% are started by you gay haters. So maybe there should be a separate forum for you gay haters to spout off on instead of you guys usually protesting that there are so many gay threads and suggest we get our own forum for gay related topics. But it is you guys that start these hate filled, nasty and mean threads. It is not really that you lack empathy but that you lack any humaneness. What a sad way to live, filled with hate for people you do not even know, just because they are not like you.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
So how about exposing them ALL? Who cares about percentages when it comes to even one child being abused?
Well, Janelle, I do agree with you, expose them all, regardless of their sex, their status, their income. I do not usually agree with you on much. But as a victim as a child, I am biased and of course want them dealt with, no matter who they are. The worst thing to do to a child is take that childhood away from them for it cannot be returned no matter what anyone does. But on the op's post of this thread, denying all gays from adopting does not solve the problem because it is not all gays abusing kids, same as it is not all straights abusing kids. As a gay man and one who was molested as a child, I take this thread seriously and resent the insinuation that because I am gay that it means I might molest a child. May as well say that because some priests molest children, both male and female, that all priests molest children and that I am sure is far from the truth as it is with gays.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,310,523 times
Quote:

You not only makeup your own definitions, but you also make up your own
math.
It sounds like Korsakoff's Syndrome. He does admit to having 30 alcoholic drinks a day.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:15 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,808,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
So you found one case of such horrific abuse in a gay family. What's the bet I can find five thousand in straight families. Your attempt to turn such a horrific situation into yet another anti-gay thread is despicable, and revealing.
Not really a supporter of gay rights...or gays for that matter - BUT...When I saw the title of this thread - it was a blatant looking for a sin...Highly obvious that the writer needs to paint gays as horrific monsters...Why would they bother? I don't like this approach - of mud slinging back and forth. The situation described is about the abuse of a child...when you start to use children as a weapon against gays - that is low...Leave kids out of your bashing. If you do not approve of gays - speak your mind...but don't resort to the use of children.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:18 AM

1,137 posts, read 971,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Poor kid. I'm sure there are and will be countless like him.

Qld boy caught in global pedophile ring (clone 1372491882) - Seven News Queensland
HOw about all the kids molested by priests? Is raping kids the catholic agenda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.