Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 02:35 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Has is dawned on you, not all Christians are right wingers not all right winders are Christians?

Let me add to this, why would you think any Christian would be opposed to birth control, other than the Roman Catholic church? I might add, this can be said about divorce as well. No, many of us do not, personally like divorce, but we know there are times when it is better for everyone. As for pre-marital sex, it seems to me Palin was chastised pretty badly for suggesting pre marital sex should not be practiced?

Now, let me add, not all conservatives regardless of religion are anti gay. Even some are not anti gay marriage. What about the gays that are also Christians or do you think there are none?

The same with abortion. I think most people today, yes, this means Christians as well as people of other faiths or no faith, understand there are times when abortion is the best answer. What they do not believe in and I would hope you feel the same: is abortion being used as a form of birth control or being performed when the baby can survive outside the womb. Let me add, just because someone feels personally something is wrong, does not mean they condemn those who think differently. Only the left seem to feel their way and views are the only right ones.

And yes, there are some evangelicals that are opposed to all abortions and gay marriage, but don't lump us all together. BTW, I belong to a pretty conservation, fundamentalist religion, but that doesn't mean I believe it everything the church teaches. God gave me the ability to think for myself. m ha

Imagine that. There are gay Christians, and that some Christians actually understand that divorce may in the end be the best thing, when stuff doesn't work out. I guess that throws the theory out that all conservatives are mindless bible thumping drones. Or that there are even (gasp) conservatives who are atheists!

Seriously nice post. It gets old with the constant generalizing.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
If the left already has the answers to their questions about the right, why ask them?

Old 07-01-2013, 03:42 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Can you find a single instance of anyone, anywhere wanting to out law gay marriage, I'll give you a year to search.
Prop 8. That was easy.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:01 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am a Liberal Lefty and I despise Islam even more then Christianity. Both will use terror to enforce belief and obeisance. Both are intellectual and metaphysical frauds. They are only a means to delude and terrorize.
So they use religion and you use government. That makes it soooooooooooo much better.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:56 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Actually the divorce rate of evangelical Christians is extremely low compared to society as a whole. It is almost always unacceptable in those churches.

The rest of your post is jut more nonsense, something anyone that has been on C-D for more than a minute has com to expect.
mmm...not so sure about that. Have you got a statistic to back that up, because I've known MANY divorced Christians in my 14 years as an evangelical. The reason we don't take a stand against divorce is because so many of us are. So speaking out against that would be...well...awkward to say the least.

In any case, the OP brings up an interesting question. I mean, if the New Testament forbids divorce (except in certain cases) and condemns it as adultery, then isn't that as bad as homosexuality, from a conservative Christian perspective? Should divorced couples be barred from having their marriages recognized by the state? Should they be barred from adopting children? Should people who have cheated on their SO's be barred from military service like gays and lesbians were?

I've thought about this for a while, and I've simply come to two conclusions: 1) Most evangelicals either don't like gay people or don't know any, so they are unable to be loving toward them, and 2) homosexuality is easier to go after because there are far fewer gay people than divorced or adulterous people. And it's easier to condemn an act if you can't relate to having committed that act in the first place. I hate to say that, but I think that's the case.

About a woman's right to choose. I am pro-life. Always was, always will be.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:03 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
There's no law for fornication, unfortunately. The right (along with the left especially) won't go after divorce because divorce benefits the government.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:19 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
There's no law for fornication, unfortunately. The right (along with the left especially) won't go after divorce because divorce benefits the government.

Please tell us.....how does divorce benefit the government?

Last edited by Annie53; 07-01-2013 at 07:04 PM..

Old 07-01-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

Please tell us.....how does divorce benefit the government.
Since the government has its hand in marriage, it also has its hand in divorce (via judges and lawyers). The divorce courts (AKA organized crime) are part of the government and will try best in screwing over one spouse over another.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:03 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Since the government has its hand in marriage, it also has its hand in divorce (via judges and lawyers). The divorce courts (AKA organized crime) are part of the government and will try best in screwing over one spouse over another.
Paranoid much? LOL

Lawyers do what their clients tell them to do.

I am divorced......it cost us a grand total of $350.....for one lawyer.....because we didn't try to "screw" over each other.

How about taking personal responsibility for your problems instead of blaming them on lawyers and the government?

Old 07-01-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Paranoid much? LOL

Lawyers do what their clients tell them to do.

I am divorced......it cost us a grand total of $350.....for one lawyer.....because we didn't try to "screw" over each other.

How about taking personal responsibility for your problems instead of blaming them on lawyers and the government?
Not trying to blame anything. But you're a female, of course, so you'll assume whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies