Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 09:02 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,247,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
GOOD! It's high time women took Personal Responsibility for their bodies and stop allowing government to step in and pass laws to make them responsible. and also stop laying on their backs like some kinda drive thru streetwalker with no accountability.
Not just your honestly on display. I'm sure the people you know in real life also appreciate your misogyny, too!

Oh, and when you're out in the slums teaching women personal responsibility, make sure you teach the men, too. Last time I looked, it took two to have sex. Or do you just blame those filthy sluts lying on their backs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 09:05 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,151,082 times
The Lege makes me embarrassed to be a Texan. Between the "protect Christmas" bill and this anti-choice nonsense, we've managed to make ourselves look like a bunch of kooks on the national stage without very much effort at all. Thank god the Lege is usually only in session 140 days in the spring in odd-numbered years.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:05 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,523,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It seems "Cosmetic" surgeries aren't for the most part what they sound like and that most deaths are because the patients are elderly and the procedures are indeed done either in hospitals or by physicians with admitting privileges.

Estimated Death Rate for Cosmetic Surgery Related Procedures
That's one of the most ridiculous links I've ever seen. Mitral valve replacement and pancreatic resections listed as cosmetic surgery? Yowza!

Old 07-11-2013, 09:24 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,552,905 times
If we're supposed to learn from the European nations when it comes to healthcare etc., of the countries in the EU, the limits break down this way:
Never - 1 country
if woman's life is at risk - 1 country
10 weeks - 1 country
12 weeks - 16 countries
13 weeks - 1 country
14 weeks - 1 country
16 weeks - 2 countries
18 weeks - 1 country
22 weeks - 1 country
24 weeks - 2 countries
28 weeks - 1 country

All of the countries have conditions that need to met first such as medical needs, consent, counseling etc. that are more strict than what's in the Texas bill.

BBC News - Europe's abortion rules

Old 07-11-2013, 09:33 AM

28,888 posts, read 30,142,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Why don't you get right on it? Surely it's as simple a matter as you seem to think it is, so have at it.
it should be VERY simple, you wear protection, or take something for protection....that is personal responsiblity...which few people want to assume today, in the stead, they want the Government to take care of everything for them, even their mistakes.....

Old 07-11-2013, 09:45 AM

593 posts, read 468,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Not just your honestly on display. I'm sure the people you know in real life also appreciate your misogyny, too!
hahaha..if only I was Mysoginistic...Most think I'm a Male Chauvanist. espeically Women... not sure why though.

Quote:
Oh, and when you're out in the slums teaching women personal responsibility, make sure you teach the men, too. Last time I looked, it took two to have sex. Or do you just blame those filthy sluts lying on their backs?
Oh yes, and I do, because it's very important for Men to control their "joysticks", but at the end of the day, the Woman is the last word on how the deed gets done. period.

Ironically, Women chant all day long "It's my body, my choice, government can't tell me what to do", but when it comes to laying down, they lose all conciousness and they ultimately let the males johnson tell them what to do... why is that? does it have something to do with blood leaving the brain when they lay down parellel??

Old 07-11-2013, 09:53 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,247,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
it should be VERY simple, you wear protection, or take something for protection....that is personal responsiblity...which few people want to assume today, in the stead, they want the Government to take care of everything for them, even their mistakes.....
Please join BatWing in patrolling the slums to teach people this concept. Since you're so sure it will work and it's apparently so easy to achieve. We don't need no stinkin' abortions because you guys said on the Internet, "Hey, be responsible!"

It'll work like a charm.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:33 AM

15,082 posts, read 14,274,318 times
Quote:
GOOD! It's high time women took Personal Responsibility for their bodies and stop allowing government to step in and pass laws to make them responsible. and also stop laying on their backs like some kinda drive thru streetwalker with no accountability.
Just out of curiousity, who are they "laying on their backs" for? Other women?

Old 07-11-2013, 10:42 AM

15,082 posts, read 14,274,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
If we're supposed to learn from the European nations when it comes to healthcare etc., of the countries in the EU, the limits break down this way:
Never - 1 country
if woman's life is at risk - 1 country
10 weeks - 1 country
12 weeks - 16 countries
13 weeks - 1 country
14 weeks - 1 country
16 weeks - 2 countries
18 weeks - 1 country
22 weeks - 1 country
24 weeks - 2 countries
28 weeks - 1 country

All of the countries have conditions that need to met first such as medical needs, consent, counseling etc. that are more strict than what's in the Texas bill.

BBC News - Europe's abortion rules
You neglected to mention Canada. No rules. None. No regulations. none.
And yet, our abortion rates are relatively low. Our late term abortions are virtually nonexistent, except for major, major defects, like anencephaly.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:47 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,656,297 times
Quote:
hahaha..if only I was Mysoginistic...Most think I'm a Male Chauvanist. espeically Women... not sure why though.
You're really not sure why? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies