Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 07:50 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,917,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
It's going on now!

I just heard on the radio that Wendy Daivs is gonna try to do another marathon fillibuster to thwart the passing of the Abortion Bill.

Frankly, I hope it passes. I shudder to think of people promoting abortion as the new contraception. Might as well do away with the BC Pill, Day After Pill and Rubbers then.

what say you?
I hope it passes too, so the ones that voted for it will be targets in the next election.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:50 AM

419 posts, read 364,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Your not preventing abortion, just making it more difficult by trying to move the clock back to the 1960s. We have the highest teen pregnancy rate of any civilized country, these politicians should be curing the disease rather than the symptom.

So pro-life wins by doing away with contraception, birth control and abortion, what have you accomplished other than increasing the teen pregnancy rate.
Exactly.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:52 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,927,961 times
Quote:
When does a infant become an infant? when you see it breach the womb? that's not the scientific way of knowing. so where do you get that from?
post birth.

infant /in·fant/ (in´fint) the human young from the time of birth to one year of age.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:54 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,165,148 times
Quote:
When does a infant become an infant? when you see it breach the womb? that's not the scientific way of knowing. so where do you get that from?
Seriously?
The medical definition of infant is the human young from the time of birth to one year of age

Old 07-02-2013, 07:55 AM

593 posts, read 469,386 times
Quote:
Your not preventing abortion, just making it more difficult by trying to move the clock back to the 1960s. We have the highest teen pregnancy rate of any civilized country, these politicians should be curing the disease rather than the symptom.
And why is this?

Quote:
So pro-life wins by doing away with contraception, birth control and abortion, what have you accomplished other than increasing the teen pregnancy rate.
Birth Control Pills, BC arm strips, Insertables caginal contraceptions, the Day after Pill, Rubbers, Common Sense and Personal Responsibility are still readily available though. What on earth else do you need??... the legal right to murder a fully formed baby...is that it?

Old 07-02-2013, 07:55 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,186,320 times
This state is so goddamn embarrassing sometimes.

I can't believe we're even having to deal with this bill. It's insane. You cannot close all but five of the abortion clinics in a state this size; it's INSANITY.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
what do you think this bill will do? End abortion? who told you that?

Are others confused as this poster is to believe abortion will be illegal in Texas?
No. but it will put the brakes on raging Baby Killers range and time clock.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
This state is so goddamn embarrassing sometimes.

I can't believe we're even having to deal with this bill. It's insane. You cannot close all but five of the abortion clinics in a state this size; it's INSANITY.

the bill won't close them. they'll collapse under the pressure of not being able to seek 24hour Baby Killer status. bottomlines will suffer.no cha-ching $$$... it's a good thing. cheer up.

the kids are our future. what ever will we do if you people are allowed to kill them all??

Old 07-02-2013, 08:04 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,186,320 times
Quote:
the bill won't close them. they'll collapse under the pressure of not being able to seek 24hour Baby Killer status. bottomlines will suffer.no cha-ching $$$... it's a good thing. cheer up.

the kids are our future. what ever will we do if you people are allowed to kill them all??
I don't have children, so I have no stake in the future.

There are plenty of kids being born here, believe me. Too many if you ask me.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:05 AM

17,389 posts, read 11,938,010 times
Quote:

Where in the bill is there no more contraception, birth control and abortion?

What this bill does is make things SAFER for women. Have any of you lefties even read the bill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.