Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 11:06 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Watched it twice. The guy never said a word. Maybe you should watch it and tell us what the "loudmouth" said.
Agree. The most he may have done is ask them why they were arresting him. He deserved an answer.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:06 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
That was disturbing and I cant even begin to explain my anger towards the officers involved.

They were playing the audio, on a local radio channel this morning, and it was enough to make my blood boil!

Old 07-02-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashed potatoes View Post
it was only attacking due to the ridiculously wrong actions of the cops. If they hadnt acted outside the bounds of their authority, the dog wouldnt have attacked.
exactly!!!!

Old 07-02-2013, 11:08 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,445,897 times
While it does look to me like the two cops overreacted in coming straight over to arrest, we don't know the whole story of what the dog owner was doing prior to the video. What I can see in the video is:

a. Based on where the guy parked his car (illegally btw, can't park that close to an intersection) he was driving by and decided to get out with his dog and start filming.

b. He was clearly yelling things at the police just prior to them walking over... you can hear it faintly and the guys taking the video are talking about him hollering at the police.

c. The third officer came over because the first two were busy handcuffing the dog owner. He shot when the dog made a jumping lunge at him. I don't fault the third cop for this as things happened quickly.

It's sad, and could have been prevented if both sides (the dog owner and the two arresting officers) had handled things with cooler heads. The dog is dead because of both sides were being knuckleheads.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:13 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Hawthorne, CA Police Arrest Man for Filming Raid, Shoot his Dog in Front of Him - informationliberation

If this pisses you off call the Hawthorne Police Dept and let them know. (310) 349-2700

Last time I checked, filming a "peace" officer was not against any law.

Why not use pepper spray. Isn't that why they have it. Obviously the dog thinks someone is trying to hurt his owner. So of course he's going to react.

Discharging a weapon on a street full of people is totally reckless, to say the least. Just shows the flagrant disregard LE has for the public's safety.
Next time a dog tries to maul you, I guess you will practice what you preach and grin and bear it while the thing takes off your privates.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
While it does look to me like the two cops overreacted in coming straight over to arrest, we don't know the whole story of what the dog owner was doing prior to the video. What I can see in the video is:

a. Based on where the guy parked his car (illegally btw, can't park that close to an intersection) he was driving by and decided to get out with his dog and start filming.

b. He was clearly yelling things at the police just prior to them walking over... you can hear it faintly and the guys taking the video are talking about him hollering at the police.

c. The third officer came over because the first two were busy handcuffing the dog owner. He shot when the dog made a jumping lunge at him. I don't fault the third cop for this as things happened quickly.

It's sad, and could have been prevented if both sides (the dog owner and the two arresting officers) had handled things with cooler heads. The dog is dead because of both sides were being knuckleheads.
I do hear him say something about civil rights violation that he's recording, then they come after him. So now it's against the law to express an opinion? bs

Old 07-02-2013, 11:15 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
^^ Please.

The Police have run rampant in this country. I've got personal stories. I don't need to watch any videos to know the police are corrupt.

When Frank Lucas was taken down (made famous by the "American Gangster" movie) 3/4ths of the NY DEA went down with him.

Now tell me who the criminals are??

Old 07-02-2013, 11:24 AM

838 posts, read 1,353,418 times
I have literally seen a city cop off-duty drive home after 8 beers(I watched him the whole time at a party and counted). I have also seen a state trooper with an open container in the passenger seat. Cops are hypocrites and it's rare to find a decent one. These cops should be fired and I can only hope the cop that pulled the gun has to watch his back for a while. He isn't always going to be wearing that badge.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:28 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
[MOD CUT] - this is a rottweiler. The guy was not mouthing off, they assaulted him for no reason and left him helpless. These 2 cops should be off the job tomorrow.
I agree. I suspect that the locals will not let this get covered up.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellious1 View Post
I have literally seen a city cop off-duty drive home after 8 beers(I watched him the whole time at a party and counted). I have also seen a state trooper with an open container in the passenger seat. Cops are hypocrites and it's rare to find a decent one. These cops should be fired and I can only hope the cop that pulled the gun has to watch his back for a while. He isn't always going to be wearing that badge.
Wonder if he has a dog. I'd never harm a dog, maybe find him a better home though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies