Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 06:25 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,924,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It's California, so expect to find more morons and head cases than any place else. What a bunch of dinguses. The dog owner is a total idiot. First, you could tell he's got no life or common sense standing like a goon out there taping something that was none of his concern. He didn't have the brains to properly secure his dog, either. He also walked like a duck.
BUT... those cops were complete unprofessional a holes and shooting that dog was not justified. Why did they arrest the guy in the first place? Being an idiot isn't a crime, you yell at the dumb SOB and make sure he knows he has to move along NOW. If he's too dumb to get that( and many people are nowadays), then you lean on him hard. After that if she still refuses to leave( and doesn't just mouth off) then arrest him.
The dog was not being aggressive and it was just an excuse to use his gun and kill something. Well, you pinheads want a police state and the government running your lives so expect more and more of this. I hope that cop gets creamed writing a ticket to a motorist, I hope a car hits him and he's put in a body cast for six months. I hope that duck walking owner gets beaten up in lock up.
So you hate everyone and thing...the guy was a duck, the dog was evil and the cop was a dweeb...

bad morning.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:44 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,859,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I have never met a cop who is also a decent human being.
I wouldn't go that far, but I don't have a particularly high opinion of police officers from my own personal experiences and cases like this. Cops routinely get away with awful things that would land a normal person in prison.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:52 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,856,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I never believed the rumors about how men are becoming more and more effeminate in our society today. Wellll, I'm starting to become a believer. Besides all that, it's not about what YOU would do! Don't you see the injustice !!??

I'm a female, I've been choked out, man handled, attacked by a stalker, and several dogs, and sparred with my fair share of BB's. My 14 yo is more of a man than you douche nozzles.

Bunch of ******* ! Man up.

No compassion for those without a voice, the least among us ???
Sorry, but if I'm being attacked by a vicious animal, protective or not, I'm going to do what my inner animal in me says and beat the crap out of the dog before it chews my hand off. If you're going to go so far as to accuse us of being effeminate for having that mindset, then all I have to say is you're a woman, you wouldn't understand. I find it harder to have compassion for a mere animal than I do for my fellow man

Old 07-02-2013, 06:56 AM

168 posts, read 334,694 times
The cops didn't shoot the dog because the owner was filming them, the title of this thread is misleading.
The cops shot the dog because it was loose and it was attacking them. It doesn't matter if the dog thought the cops were attacking its owner, it should not of been running loose period. The dog should of been properly restrained instead of in the position where it could get loose.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:04 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,891,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I never believed the rumors about how men are becoming more and more effeminate in our society today.
That dog is a rottweiler and has one the highest bite pressures of any dog, it can easily break bone and certainly will cause permanent damage if it gets a hold of you.

This is an unfortunate incident but the dog was agitated which makes them very unpredictable, the police were justified.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:06 AM

593 posts, read 469,150 times
Ok, there's a trend I'm noticing here, because that happend in California and its a friggin' epidemic down here in Austin,Texas...YES Austin, Texas, home of hippies, garage bands and draft beer. they'll kill your dog just for growling at them down here. BUT I figured out WHY this is happening...

Cops are being told to kill peoples dogs, especially the big ones because the dogs provide saftey to that owner and if Obama start sending the Militray door to door to get our guns, he will have less resistence because ain't nothing worse than a 80lb. hound with sharp teeth coming at you.
so HEADS UP DOG OWNERS BEWARE!!!!!!

Last edited by BatWing; 07-02-2013 at 07:39 AM..

Old 07-02-2013, 07:07 AM

45,108 posts, read 26,276,555 times
If only we mundanes could do the same to the agressive cop canines.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
Ok, there's a trend I'm noticing here, because that happend in California and its a friggin' epidemic down here in Austin,Texas...YES Austin, Texas, home of hippies, garage bands and draft beer. they'll kill your dog just for growling at them down here. BUT I figured out WHY this is happening...

Cops are being told to kill peopleS dogs, especially thg big ones because the dogs provide saftey to that owner and if Obama start sending the Militray door to door to get our guns, he will have less resistence because ain't nothing worse than a 80lb. hound with sharp teeth coming at you.
so HEADS UP DOG OWNERS BEWARE!!!!!!
Not sure about all police departments being told to kill dogs, it's only common sense if you are being attacked the rest of the post reads like a typical Alex Jones rant

Old 07-02-2013, 07:17 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,445,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That dog is a rottweiler and has one the highest bite pressures of any dog, it can easily break bone and certainly will cause permanent damage if it gets a hold of you.

This is an unfortunate incident but the dog was agitated which makes them very unpredictable, the police were justified.
the man they were arresting and the people watching were all agitated and unpredictable too. where the cops justified in open firing on all of these people? This is just a poor example of police work.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
the man they were arresting and the people watching were all agitated and unpredictable too. where the cops justified in open firing on all of these people? This is just a poor example of police work.
Shooting a dog and a person is totally different. Unlike the people, the dog is acting on instinct alone, it cannot think and rationalize, despite what you're thinking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies