Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 01:34 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
point out where I said either of those things. if one 18 year old goes to work, and one 18 year old goes to college, one pays the taxes to subsidize the other.
Wow, you've got an extremely short memory. Here's your post that I responded to:

Originally Posted by
lionsgators
I don't agree, but education is provided, through grade 12. that is when most "kids" become "adults." if you are insinuating that we make college "free" you are totally screwing these new adult tax payers. some people just want to move out of their parents house and get a job. let's not punish them for it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
see my above post. also, I moved to a state that was more affordable, and worked for a year to get that "right" to pay in-state tuition.
Congrats again. Most people do not find moving to a different state & living there for a year to be a logical choice.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:38 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,745,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Wow, you've got an extremely short memory. Here's your post that I responded to:

Originally Posted by
lionsgators
I don't agree, but education is provided, through grade 12. that is when most "kids" become "adults." if you are insinuating that we make college "free" you are totally screwing these new adult tax payers. some people just want to move out of their parents house and get a job. let's not punish them for it.

again. you require clarity as to what you think are "rights." "rights" normally aren't paid for. life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I also asked if you were insinuating something. as for the punishment statement, see my post on the worker subsidizing the student.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Congrats again. Most people do not find moving to a different state & living there for a year to be a logical choice.
I was there for like 4 years. I know a lot of people that went out of state for school. but only a few claimed their independence, and got residency. saved money in the long run.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
again. you require clarity as to what you think are "rights." "rights" normally aren't paid for. life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I also asked if you were insinuating something. as for the punishment statement, see my post on the worker subsidizing the student.
You don't feel that shelter, food & water are rights? Don't you have to pay for those rights?

Old 07-10-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
You don't feel that shelter, food & water are rights? Don't you have to pay for those rights?
no, I don't. those are referred to as "needs." don't you remember wants, needs, and goods? I think it was 4th-5th grade social studies. food, water, and shelter are needs.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:47 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
I don't have any data. I'm not interested enough to look it up. My data is based on what I know from people I know who went on to get their law degree. That's enough for me.

So in other words, you got nothing. Pony up boy, if you insist on it from me then you better provide it yourself.
"I have nothing"?

Interest Rates: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty
http://www.econedlink.org/lessons/do...oration11.html
Tutor2u - interest rates and economic activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Wrong. There is not.
Read the links I posted above. You are not correct.

Quote:
Canada, Sweden, Finland, Israel, Germany, France, and I can list a whole slew more. Don't start saying, 'Oh, but this one has this thing that I don't like!' Of course you won't like them. They're countries that are far saner than this one.
What policies are you thinking of in those countries? Again, be specific. None of them support your argument.

Quote:
Singapore - isn't it outrageously expensive, so packed with people one can barely breathe, and has little freedom of the press? And doesn't it have universal health care (albeit a crappy one) controlled by the un-free government? You like that?? I thought you hated universal health care.
No, it isn't. It has a strong middle class, and has more freedom than most industrialized countries.

I do not like its universal health care system. That is one thing dragging its economy down. You do realize that the world isn't black and white, don't you?

Quote:
Read your posts.
I never said what you claimed I did. Please do not put words in my mouth.

Quote:
Bull. There's zero proof of any of that.
I GAVE YOU PROOF. Look at the beveridge curve after each expansion of unemployment benefits, guess what you see? UI benefit increases causing MORE unemployment. Look at personal savings rates post-SS. Guess what you see? A decline in savings.

Please address those specific economic examples.

Quote:
Charity is not a proper way to care for the helpless. You know that. Besides, you give because it provides you a financial benefit. If it didn't FAT chance you'd give a penny.
I give to charity because I care about people. Me having $13,000 less to spend last year wasn't a 'financial benefit' to myself. Additionally, a dollar of money given to a charity goes 3x as far as a dollar to a social welfare program. Do you even bother to look at facts before you make an opinion?

Quote:
As much as I can. I vote against all conservatives. As I am not a government, or Bill Gates, there's not a hell of a lot I can do but vote against conservatives.
How much do you give? Be specific. The kids starving in the street because you don't give to charity disagree that there isn't much you can do.

Quote:
If right wingers were not punitive, authoritarian, tunnel visioned, and filled with hatred toward MOST of the citizens of this country, I would not feel as I do.
So you call a group of people who, even though they earn 6% less than liberals, donate 30% more than liberals to the less fortunate a 'hate filled' group? You don't see how twisted your thinking is?

Saritaschihuahua, in every thread you post, you start out by picking a fight and insulting anyone you feel is right wing (regardless of if they are or not). That is the definition of a hate-filled, tunnel vision attitude. You are the exact kind of person (authoritarian, tunnel visioned and hate filled) that you complain against.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
no, I don't. those are referred to as "needs." don't you remember wants, needs, and goods? I think it was 4th-5th grade social studies. food, water, and shelter are needs.
health care?

Old 07-10-2013, 01:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
No, they jut take out $50K in loans and then spend 10 years whining about it.. That doesnt sound any better to me.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
health care?
health care is a want. again, what is a "right?" is it something implemented by force? can you imagine a doctor treating a gunshot victim with the "rights granters" holding a loaded gun to his head?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies