Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 09:12 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I really don't care what the courts say

manning and snowden are traitors

I am retired army..I understand what a security clearance is..I understand what OPSEC/SIGSEC is

both STOLE and released information that put people is danger
Edward Snowden swore an oath to the U.S. Constitution and he has the courage to uphold it.

The NSA is still violating Americans' rights, despite what James Clapper says | Rand Paul | Comment is free | theguardian.com

Quote:
The NSA's metadata collection program is a general warrant for the modern age, reflecting the same kind of tyranny our nation's founders fought a revolution to make sure would never happen again.

It shouldn't happen again, and I will keep fighting to protect the US constitution I took an oath to uphold.

It's time to trash the NSA's mass surveillance of Americans, for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 09:17 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,870 times
The Government had no right spying on it's own citizens. Even though it wouldn't effect me because I have nothing to hide, it's wrong and is strictly against the Constitution.

Snowden I don't know much about. I heard rumors he exposed vital safety concerns, wether or not that is true I don't know. But I do thank him for exposing the Government and Obama for violating our rights to privacy.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:53 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Edward Snowden swore an oath to the U.S. Constitution and he has the courage to uphold it.

The NSA is still violating Americans' rights, despite what James Clapper says | Rand Paul | Comment is free | theguardian.com
wrong he VIOLATED his oath

military oath:
"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

CIA oath:
The CIA oath reads: “I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

snowden and manning both violated their oaths...disobeyed orders and regulations and laws

snowden crapped on the country

Old 02-20-2014, 10:18 AM

924 posts, read 667,116 times
That's an interesting claim the OP makes, since the only people I've seen praise Snowden are all liberals, with mthe exception being Ron Paul.

It's typically the conservative commenters I've seen on Facebook, news articles, tv pundits, and in person that call him a traitor dropout who should be put to death.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I really don't care what the courts say

manning and snowden are traitors
Sure, ignore due process, a right to a fair trail, innocent until proven guilty. We get it. It's pretty sad but we get it.

Quote:
I am retired army..I understand what a security clearance is..I understand what OPSEC/SIGSEC is

both STOLE and released information that put people is danger
The courts say they didn't. It was a military court. It wouldn't have happened either if the government hadn't continually lied about what they were doing.

And to think.....I thought all the things in my first statement were things the military exists to protect. Maybe I need to re-think that.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:42 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
I don't get it. It seems as if all my liberal friends think Snowden is a criminal who belongs in jail, while all my conservative friends think he's some hero.

What I don't get is that most liberals have praised other people for exposing sensitive information, while the conservatives condemn such action.

Maybe someone can clear this up for me.
Maybe all you are seeing is the gut reaction from Conservatives who outraged over NSA spying, and liberals who outrages that the cat is out of the bag because they think secretly spying on the people is what good governments are supposed to do?

Old 02-20-2014, 03:28 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,116 times
Anyone who understands the tangible power of metadata tends to view Edward Snowden as the greatest hero of our time. This 3 minute video helps explain why to the less technically savvy.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:03 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
It's simple. Liberals hate Snowden because it looks like he's betraying Obama. Conservatives love Snowden because it looks like he's betraying Obama.
And Libertarians love Snowden because he exposed government abuse of power. And Libertarians hate Obama because he has expanded the abuse of government power.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:07 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
That's an interesting claim the OP makes, since the only people I've seen praise Snowden are all liberals, with mthe exception being Ron Paul.

It's typically the conservative commenters I've seen on Facebook, news articles, tv pundits, and in person that call him a traitor dropout who should be put to death.
Hmmmm.... quite the opposite.

I'm a conservative and would vote to put Snowden on Mt Rushmore. And I know lots of others that would agree.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And Libertarians love Snowden because he exposed government abuse of power. And Libertarians hate Obama because he has expanded the abuse of government power.
I'm no fan of Bush either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies