Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 09:09 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
there are racist people on both side of the isle. I am Hispanic and all I really hate is the fact that I can be on welfare for 20+ years. there gotta be something else to push people on welfare to the next level, where they cannot get welfare anymore. maybe get some welfare and a part time job, some type of schooling. My mom was on it 25+ years, she begs us to never get on it, she realized it made her lazy and dependent. sadly, 1 sister is young and her husband is young, both on welfare, he will tell you the free money is the motivation not to work.
If they were to be given a deadline, where no more money were given, he would get off his but to feed his family. that is the instinct of most descent human beings. but while he is on it, he will not work. and he is proud of it.
I grew up in a mostly hispanic family, Mexican on one side, Portuguese on the other. But the largest influence was the Mexican side. I remember a lot of them on welfare, food stamps or some other program and not using birth control having a passle of kids. Five or six kids was not unusual, my Mom had 7 herself. They are not given any incentives to get off the welfare, My Mom went on welfare for 7 years after our step dad left her. She had no education, no job prospects and at the time there were no programs for people in her situation. One of my neighbors when I moved here 13 years ago was a couple with 6 kids living in small house and both on welfare. They got on a government program that got the mom in the job market without deducting the amount she made from her welfare check, but as her job outlook improved and her income went up, the amount from Social services was decreased till she could make it on her own. It allowed her to actually improve herself and her family and get on her feet. I think that was a Clinton era program. In my moms day, every dime she made from any job was deducted from the next check, that made it hard to get off welfare and it took her away from the house and raising two boys on her own, because that was a job too.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:20 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If you noticed as soon as the elections were over "birth control and abortion" women's most important rights have not been talked about much, Sandra Fluke just trotted away! Women no longer as important to the Liberals as they were last year.....
Huh?

Did you miss what happened in Texas last week?

Old 07-03-2013, 09:34 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
True, in many instances, homosexuals are the ones writing their own "stories," and ensuring that their agenda (normalizing homosexuality among the masses) succeeds.
What idiocy!

If it were left up to the English to write to stories of the Potato Famine the world would still view the Irish as a lazy shiftless bunch of drunks. If it weren't for writers like Fredrick Douglass, Countee Cullen, Ralph Ellison, James Baldwin, Zora Neale Hurston, and Langston Hughes writing in journals from the Crisis to Ebony magazine, black folks would still be living either as slaves or under the oppression of Jim Crow.

No group seeking greater freedom and liberties within a society can afford to NOT tell their own story.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:45 AM

199 posts, read 161,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
National Review. A conservative media outlet trying to stir up division.
Well, it has a point.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:50 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nice stereotyping there, sparky. I am a conservative and I do care about my fellow black Americans and I am not the only one. Didn't you read my prior post?
Meh...bullsh*t. And besides, who among us (black folks) solicited your "caring" in the first place.

This stuff is the same old nonsense. If you want to split up the Democratic caucus, you guys are going to have to come up with something better than this lame nonsense. It's too transparent.

Your party is hostile to blacks and other minorities. Actually, in plain language, the Republican party HATES blacks in particular and it would be nice for once if you guys can come clean and admit it. You seriously believe that these posters on CD haven't given that secret away a long time ago? Read through the threads.

Bottom line is this...we aren't leaving the Democratic party no matter how much whining you guys do. So why not just face up to that and try fixing your party first before worrying about our vote...a vote you aren't gonna get anyway.

Get your asses out and find a nominee that has a shot in 2016 instead of worrying about the Democrats.

BTW...please don't respond by saying that you aren't a Republican.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:06 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
because ironically democrats do not care about the black community.
The only thing they care about are the votes.
Uh huh. I like how there's never any specifics about what Dems are failing to do for Blacks that Republicans would. Jobs? Dems have created more jobs for Blacks in the last 30 years than Republicans. What else you got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
again. jobs and improving their quality of life.
I wonder how many black people live in Nancy Pelosi's neighbourhood?.
Really? Since I've already debunked your jobs argument, how exactly are Republicans going to create a better quality of life? Defund schools in Black neighborhoods even more? Cancel more of the jobs training & summer jobs bank programs? Push for even less alternatives to jail time for victimless crimes?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Blacks ‘Being Pushed to the Back of the Bus’ in Favor of Gays and Lesbians

Will blacks to speak-up and raise hell with Obama over this?
I guess you did a 180, from a supporter for Blacks to a critic, and in one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post

Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Are you saying the democrats care about blacks?.. no , they use and buy them still. At least the republican party wants blacks to join their party but with no handouts. The difference is the Republicans see blacks as equal and know they don't need a handout , they need incentive to work hard, educate themselves and get a better life just like the rest of the races do.. the blacks are kept down by the democrats.
The vast majority of Black Democrat voters do not receive welfare. It's nice that you think we do, and that's why we vote Dem -- to keep our freebies coming.

How do you deny you're a racist when you think most Black voters are on welfare? That's a serious question.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Those programs, among many others that were cut, served EVERYONE regardless of race. They were not exclusive to blacks.
Who said they weren't available to everyone? How is it that programs that benefit everyone, including Blacks, don't count in your mind as doing something for Blacks? If that doesn't count, then what would be an example of doing something for the Black community?

Quote:
As for programs to develop skills to fill the manufacturing gap, there is no "gap" as our manufacturing has been outsourced. What is left of the manufacturing industry the majority employ illegals (soon to become legal) who will work for less and were trained on the job.

Programs have been cut because of the sequestration. As a result of the sequestration, here's what has happened by state. The sequestration was brought about by BOTH parties. People from all races have been affected.

The United States of Sequestration | Mother Jones
Sequestration is not bi-partisan. If Congress was controlled by the Dems, sequestration would NEVER have happened. It was a capitulation to Republicans by Obama & the Dems to get other measures passed.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:23 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The vast majority of Black Democrat voters do not receive welfare. It's nice that you think we do, and that's why we vote Dem -- to keep our freebies coming.
They just don't get it no matter how hard we try to explain it to them. They have this extremely racist vision of black folks sitting off in some corner every four years and only showing up on election day instead of the fact that African Americans play an everyday role WITHIN the Democratic Party's LEADERSHIP, crafting and implementing the Party's agenda and policies on the local, state and national level.

This paternalistic view infects their every conversation. Come to the Republican Party and us white folks who love you will teach you personal responsibility, how to become educated, embrace capitalism, and free you from the yoke of a party where you have leadership positions all the while scuttling any and every program aimed at jobs training, funding for education, and programs to spark minority businesses. And then they sit around stunned when not only black but Jews, Asians, Hispanics and even working class white folks tell them to frack off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies