Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 08:32 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,160,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I gotta cut back on the weed. I was right the first time. Employers of fewer than 50 peeps do not need to provide insurance under O-care. The ones with more than 50 got another year to get their act together. Should be interesting.
LOL, I had to laugh at the weed comment. I just heard this on NPR this morning & I was like, "Did I hear it wrong? I could swear they said companies with 50+ employees", lol. Yes, companies with 50+ employees have until 2015 to provide coverage or whatever they have to do & the fines for not having coverage will not go into effect until 2015 as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 08:34 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,423,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
In particular I have no interest in buying the high deductable plan my employer offers. It is such a bad plan that I heard only two people in our office currently buys it. My mind is made up that even if it is against the law for me not to have health insurance I will not buy this no matter what!

If it's a relatively small fine not to be insured I will pay it. If it's a hefty fine I would rather go to jail than to pay it. I just hope they put me in a minimum security prison as I hate violent criminals with a passion and don't want to be anywhere near them.

Will the "exchange" allow me to buy a plan I like even if my employer offers me health insurance. If so I would consider buying it. If it's too expensive though just lock me up. At least I would get three square meals and FINALLY not have to buy health insurance under the Obamacare law.
Then by all means... Go to prison! No skin off my nose.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:36 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,201,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
You are not gonna go to jail. Plus, even if you did, you would receive better health care than you do now.
Just pay the fee, probably cheaper than tickets to a basketball game.

No need to do jail time.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:37 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,536,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
That sounds good to me. I pay for my own health insurance. I do not want to pay for your injuries and/or illnesses.

I always hoped that they would create a national registry for people who knowingly and deliberately decline health insurance. This database should be accessible by all health care provider in assessing whether they should treat such an individual or not.

People relying on tax payer handouts when they are financially capable of paying for their own health insurance or health care costs are just a bunch of leeches.
So you would sanction federally mandated murder and fully endorse the removal of personal choice or responsibility from the individual?

Good obamabot.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:35 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
In particular I have no interest in buying the high deductable plan my employer offers. It is such a bad plan that I heard only two people in our office currently buys it. My mind is made up that even if it is against the law for me not to have health insurance I will not buy this no matter what!

If it's a relatively small fine not to be insured I will pay it. If it's a hefty fine I would rather go to jail than to pay it. I just hope they put me in a minimum security prison as I hate violent criminals with a passion and don't want to be anywhere near them.

Will the "exchange" allow me to buy a plan I like even if my employer offers me health insurance. If so I would consider buying it. If it's too expensive though just lock me up. At least I would get three square meals and FINALLY not have to buy health insurance under the Obamacare law.
Chill with the drama...

If it's one thing I know, it's this: if you're threatened with jail time, you're gonna run and buy that insurance so fast that Usain Bolt wouldn't be able to catch you. And if you can't come up with the money, you'd rob a bank to get it if you even had the potential of sniffing the inside of a jail.

Please...you wouldn't even dream of going to jail. GTHOH with that.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:46 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,717,056 times
Quote:

The whole purpose of Obamacare is affordability by having everyone become part of the plan. If that plan is unaffordable, it'll be ancient history in 2014 when Obamacare kicks in.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:48 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,181,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I would settle with doctors and hospitals being prohibited from treating you unless you can cover the cost of your own care and not have your cost passed on to me.

Deal?
I will take that deal if you stop the federal government from preventing insurance from being sold across state lines, and if you stop the federal government from restricting the number of residency spots in hospitals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
The whole purpose of Obamacare is affordability by having everyone become part of the plan. If that plan is unaffordable, it'll be ancient history in 2014 when Obamacare kicks in.
The purpose of Obamacare was to give coverage to everyone, it was never for it to be affordable. It is fairly common knowledge that Obamacare will increase the net cost of health care in this country.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:49 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,201,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Chill with the drama...

If it's one thing I know, it's this: if you're threatened with jail time, you're gonna run and buy that insurance so fast that Usain Bolt wouldn't be able to catch you. And if you can't come up with the money, you'd rob a bank to get it if you even had the potential of sniffing the inside of a jail.

Please...you wouldn't even dream of going to jail. GTHOH with that.
So you don't think these guys are true rebels that would make Che look like a boot licker??

These guys are down for the cause man. Jail time is nothing.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:18 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,197,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Obama seems to be accepting the fact that there is severe resistance and is not saying that the "requirement" for employers of 50 or more to have insurance in place is now pushed back to at least 2015

Old 07-03-2013, 12:03 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
So you don't think these guys are true rebels that would make Che look like a boot licker??

These guys are down for the cause man. Jail time is nothing.
Hell naw! They'd be bartering his rear end in exchange for cigs inside of five minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies