Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 10:16 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,758,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What politic capital can Morales gain by appearing to be mad at Austria!
Explain further. That alleges that he's only mad at the people he can get something out of. My point is the most violating the processions of Bolivia happened in Austria. Or do I have it completely wrong?

So is that what's going on? Nothing to gain so it doesn't matter what was done there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yet you don't feel the same about other country Presidents and their rights when flying.
No. Or at least not necessarily. We've got the biggest stick so we use the biggest stick when we want to get our way.

If Bolivia had a big stick and a big fuel tank then I'd support them.

And that also means if you searched AF1 and our president we should proceed to take out your capital.

Just saying. These are things that are extremely improbable and I'm not for flexing muscle just to do so but one should know when the stove is hot and keep their fingers away from the burners.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Explain further. That alleges that he's only mad at the people he can get something out of. My point is the most violating the processions of Bolivia happened in Austria. Or do I have it completely wrong?

So is that what's going on? Nothing to gain so it doesn't matter what was done there?
He landed in Austria but it was the Spanish Ambassador that showed up at the airport and demanded the search.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:25 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,729,600 times
Quote:
No. Or at least not necessarily. We've got the biggest stick so we use the biggest stick when we want to get our way.

And that also means if you searched AF1 and our president we should proceed to take out your capital.

Just saying. These are things that are extremely improbable and I'm not for flexing muscle just to do so but one should know when the stove is hot and keep their fingers away from the burners.
I am not sure if you are trying to be humorous again, but if not, that attitude and antisocial behavior is why the US is getting into one trouble after another, creating more problems than before.
And it is also why I am happy China is rising so fast, the world needed a counterweight to keep the US at bay.
It is always the same throughout history. When a country has achieved a certain weight, it becomes antisocial and thus makes lots of enemies, and sooner or later it is gone...

Old 07-05-2013, 10:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:

We won't always have the biggest stick. History can attest that empires don't last forever and eventually corruption brings them down.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
He landed in Austria but it was the Spanish Ambassador that showed up at the airport and demanded the search.
IDK. I'm going to bed. Let's see how it changes. Reports are the asked if they could come in and he said it was OK to search. Maybe he hadn't heard about the 4th am... nvm.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I am not sure if you are trying to be humorous again, but if not, that attitude and antisocial behavior is why the US is getting into one trouble after another, creating more problems than before.
And it is also why I am happy China is rising so fast, the world needed a counterweight to keep the US at bay.
It is always the same throughout history. When a country has achieved a certain weight, it becomes antisocial and thus makes lots of enemies, and sooner or later it is gone...
Well I don't think we're there yet and the debt just might collapse us before we get there. What I sad above isn't a joke but it's extremely hypothetical. Think out who might try that. N. Korea? Yeah take out some government buildings and free some of the slaves in the camps. I don't think the EU is going to try that.

POTUS is C&C. We don't leave anyone behind. If he's in danger and you can take a clean shot then you don't wait for a diplomatic solution.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:47 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
The most obvious thing for Snowden to do is dress like a muslim woman, get to Mexico, and then walk over the border, get fake ID and then hide in plain sight. The easiest country for him to get into is ours. Maybe he could even get one of those Fast and Furious guns for protection from Eric Holder.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:51 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,729,600 times
Quote:
Well I don't think we're there yet and the debt just might collapse us before we get there. What I sad above isn't a joke but it's extremely hypothetical. Think out who might try that. N. Korea? Yeah take out some government buildings and free some of the slaves in the camps. I don't think the EU is going to try that.

POTUS is C&C. We don't leave anyone behind. If he's in danger and you can take a clean shot then you don't wait for a diplomatic solution.
Why N. Korea? I don't think the president will go there.
Take a realistic example. France. If the French have to inspect the AF1 in line with international laws, it will happen. Any violence against France would make Nato implode (which like many Europeans I think would be excellent, by the way), which the US can't afford.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:52 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Reminds me of "Too Big to Fail". Banks thought that they could get bigger and bigger and were untouchable and looked what happened. No reason why a country can't think that it's too big to fail.

The US is acting more and more like the school yard bully. Keeps picking on the kids that won't fight back. The US needs to be put in it's place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies