Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 03:51 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That chart completely ignores intragovernmental borrowing.. I have no need to put egg on my face, and the US Treasury Office confirms that there was no surplus.

Here, since its so difficult for you to understand how it works, let me dumb it down for you in terms you can probably relate to..

Bill has no money but wants to buy a piece of candy. Bill goes to the stores, and talks the store clerk into loaning him money so he can buy the candy, and he will pay for it when George becomes President.

Then Bill proclaims he has no debt, ignoring that he owes the clerk money.

Did I dumb it down for you enough, or is a piece of candy still too complicated for you to understand?
Here we go with book cooking accusations. It's the same crap the right-wing shills pull whenever unemployment drops. "Those aren't the real numbers blah blah blah".

There were budget deficits right up to the point The Worst Ever (GWB) got his hands on them. He demolished this country, benefiting only the rich. Under Clinton we were all strong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 03:58 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Peace? lols.

Somalia
Iraq
Afghanistan
Bosnia
Kosovo
Sudan
Herzegovina

Just a few of the countries that we bombed when Clinton was President.

That is what passes as peace? lols.
Compared to the Iraq debacle (which dwarfs all those conflicts combined), yes it does.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Here we go with book cooking accusations. It's the same crap the right-wing shills pull whenever unemployment drops. "Those aren't the real numbers blah blah blah".

There were budget deficits right up to the point The Worst Ever (GWB) got his hands on them. He demolished this country, benefiting only the rich. Under Clinton we were all strong.
tell me, do you think the US Treasury Office is lying to make Clinton look bad when they post that the debt went up every year under Clinton?

Old 07-03-2013, 04:31 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Clinton sent troops into more countries for military action than all other Presidents combined.

We were basically in constant war while he was in office.

Plus, he kept the sanctions on Iraq when he had 8 years to lift them. Guess he agreed with both Bushes.

Anyone that thinks the Clinton years were peaceful is a moron or ignorant.
Anyone who thinks the Clinton years compare to the Bush years is either comatose or brain dead.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:49 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Every single past admin contributed to today's economic woes.

The parties nominate the person who they believe has the greatest potential to raise the most money for themselves and their party. Payback means protecting and advancing the interests of the big donors and lobbyists.

Once elected, the goal becomes reelection. Two time presidents then focus on fund raising for their parties. And they all did it.
I agree with you completely.

Both parties put us here, and it is really sad that so many people play the "if he is in my party then he is perfect" game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
My position is simple. And it agrees with history. Clinton did a better job than Dubya. MUCH better.

And I never voted for Clinton. I did vote for Dubya - the first time only.

Stupid is making unfounded, blind assertions. Like that one.

Step down off yer soapbox and take that chip off yer shoulder. You look ridiculous.
You look ridiculous.

I posted facts and you attacked.

You refuse to confront my facts - because you can't.

You truly are what is wrong with America. People like you (and there are people like you in both parties) are so stubborn and intellectually weak. You refuse to intellectually confront my facts, you break down discourse by doing so, you attack and divert rather than listen to the message...you should run for congress.

If you were intellectually brave, you would engage my facts with specific factual reasons against them...or you would agree to my assessment. You refuse to be an adult and do either. Attack - divert, attack - divert... Party over Reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
These were very "free market capitalist" ideas. Liberals and unions at the time went insane over it and said Clinton threw them under the bus.
I won't disagree with you.

You do agree with me that:
1) Clinton supported those policies.
2) Clinton was successful in getting some Democrat support for those policies.
3) Those policies went into effect under Clinton's presidency.
4) Many people argue that those policies hurt the economy.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Bill Clinton Presidency = Poor Economic Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

You look ridiculous.
Says the guy making the ridiculous assertion that the Clinton years were economically bleak.

Quote:
I posted facts and you attacked.
Go ahead and play the part of a victim.

Quote:
You refuse to confront my facts - because you can't.
Your facts are your personal fantasy. Enjoy them. Try to share them with others as deluded as yourself. But don't whimper and whine when some prefer reality.

It's undignified for strong self-reliant right wingers pulling themselves up by their bootstraps.

Quote:
You truly are what is wrong with America. People like you (and there are people like you in both parties) are so stubborn and intellectually weak. You refuse to intellectually confront my facts, you break down discourse by doing so, you attack and divert rather than listen to the message...you should run for congress.

If you were intellectually brave, you would engage my facts with specific factual reasons against them...or you would agree to my assessment. You refuse to be an adult and do either. Attack - divert, attack - divert... Party over Reality.
Psychological projection. Look it up some time.

Warning: it'll require a some reading.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:39 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
I did like it when he said "the era of Big Government is over" and he took on the welfare queens driving their caddy's and reformed welfare.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Says the guy making the ridiculous assertion that the Clinton years were economically bleak.

Go ahead and play the part of a victim.

Your facts are your personal fantasy. Enjoy them. Try to share them with others as deluded as yourself. But don't whimper and whine when some prefer reality.

It's undignified for strong self-reliant right wingers pulling themselves up by their bootstraps.

Psychological projection. Look it up some time.

Warning: it'll require a some reading.
Quote:
Anyone who thinks the Clinton years compare to the Bush years is either comatose or brain dead.

The point, if you cared to be honest, is not that the Clinton years were bad. But that bad policies were put in place that later had bad effects on the economy.

Then stop being an intellectual coward and confront these points. Give me specifics as to why I am wrong. You refuse to do this, because you can't. I give facts, and you give brainless attacks with no facts. You are what is wrong with discourse in America.

1) Granting permanent most favored nation status to China for trade. The result has been increased trade deficit and increased outsourcing. Clinton viciously attacked anyone who claimed what did happen would happen. Even some liberals are now recognizing this damage.

2) The GOP congress and Clinton deregulated by repealing Glass-Stegall. Clinton was "proud" to sign this bill into law, had vocalized years before that he would support the action, and encouraged Democrats to vote for it. Obama has blamed this for the current mess we are in.

3) Enacting NAFTA with bipartisan support. Many people feel as if this hurt the economy and made many Mexican farmers unemployed, some of which moved here.

4) The Housing Bubble started in 1998. Policies in the 1990s allowed this to happen. Bush can be blamed for allowing it to grow bigger and not cleaning it up (it still isn't cleaned up), but it was born in the Clinton presidency.

5) The NASDAQ Dot Com Bubble burst right before he left office. This index still hasn't recovered to its high. The government encouraged this bubble under Clinton's leadership.

6) The Bush Sr. recession ended before he took office and he left a recession for the next president.

7) There was no surplus that was passed to the next president, this myth was a rosy projection that assumed absurdly large growth, no NASDAQ bubble, and no housing bubble.

8) Every Fiscal Year under Clinton saw a rise in the national debt, the "surplus" was from spending several government program money now.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
You do realize that employment participation is at its lowest rate since 1979. For prime working age it is at its lowest rate since 1984 (NSA coincidence?).

Last edited by michiganmoon; 07-04-2013 at 08:13 PM..

Old 07-05-2013, 10:23 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
And Obama and his media enablers are doing cartwheels about a 1.8% growth rate in the GDP during the first quarter???

Who's the bigger and more incompetent bumbling bunch of blockheads-Obama & Co. or the liberal media?

You decide, America!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies