Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 11:38 AM

19 posts, read 15,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The dark side of the protests in Tahir Square: This week alone almost 100 women have reportedly been sexually assaulted in Cairo’s Tahrir Square during the past four days of protests against Egypt’s Islamist President Mohamed Morsi, according to Human Rights Watch.

This is what bothers me about the Muslim world---it's violence towards and oppression of women!!!!

Egypt: Epidemic of Sexual Violence | Human Rights Watch
God, that's just sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 11:48 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The dark side of the protests in Tahir Square: This week alone almost 100 women have reportedly been sexually assaulted in Cairo’s Tahrir Square during the past four days of protests against Egypt’s Islamist President Mohamed Morsi, according to Human Rights Watch.

This is what bothers me about the Muslim world---it's violence towards and oppression of women!!!!

Egypt: Epidemic of Sexual Violence | Human Rights Watch
Would that be the entire population of Muslims around the world?

Good to know that there is no such thing as women being sexually assaulted, there is no violence against women, and there isn't a war on women to suppress and oppress in the morally correct USofA.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:58 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Completelyrandom View Post
Are you just ignoring the various 'LEGALLY' I throw in the argument?

Hello? Nobody wants him. The petition that called for him to step aside is signed by over HALF of the Egyptian population.

You are an American, with little to no clue about Arabic politics, who are you to judge a people who are fighting to try and get a democratic government? For your information the Egyptian army is the most respectable army in the middle-east (Aside from Jordan) Abd Al Nasser built a national army for the people.

You claim that we are just living to be oppressed and killed is that right? Well you're right, we are dogs who don't deserve life. *sarcasm*

Please, you are ignorant, you have no clue what's happening here in the Arab world, don't try to push your nose into something that your government caused when they funded the Muslim Brotherhood. We have the right for safety and the pursuit of happiness regardless of what the failure of the constitution claimed.

You're telling us that we should just go along with what we elect and have no right to change it and lecture us that we are not being democratic when we vote for change.

The right for change is the very pillar of life. Not governments or democracy, but life as we know it. You are not abiding by any law whatsoever when you take that right form us, but rather you are going against nature.
Here we go. It's America's fault. I do agree we have no business in your business. I get it. Muslims have to be cutting someone's head off to be happy. Just keep your medieval culture over there and let your streets fill with blood. We are much safer when you are busy killing yourselves rather than coming to our country to kill us.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:06 PM

19 posts, read 15,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Here we go. It's America's fault. I do agree we have no business in your business. I get it. Muslims have to be cutting someone's head off to be happy. Just keep your crap over there. We are much safer when you are busy killing yourselves rather than coming to our country to kill us.
First off, I'm Christian. The pre-emptive assumption that I'm a Muslim simply because I'm an Arab is idiotic to say the least.

Second of all, the U.S supported Morsi's regime and thus is involved in it.

Also, aren't you the people who invaded our nations and gave Israel billions and billions of dollars in military aid to kill innocent Palestinians?

The U.S has killed more Arabs than Arabs have killed Americans.

You bombed Iraq, displaced hundreds of thousands of innocent people, supplied arms to the Syrian Free Army which have underwent so much corruption that it's barely recognisable, supplies 3 billion of foreign aid to a nation that wishes to ethnically cleanse a people and you call US the people who only killed a couple thousand Americans evil?

You are brainwashed. Stop interfering in our business, get out of our countries. Gamal Abd Al Nasser was right, democracy is something that we have to achieve on our own, as a united people.

Are you seriously telling me that after everything the U.S has done to the Arab world, that after all that bloodshed, we're the ones who should stop interfering?

P.S: Radical extremists represent Arabs the same way the KKK represents Americans.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Here we go. It's America's fault. I do agree we have no business in your business. I get it. Muslims have to be cutting someone's head off to be happy. Just keep your medieval culture over there and let your streets fill with blood. We are much safer when you are busy killing yourselves rather than coming to our country to kill us.
But we've made it our business for a very long time now.
We have caused havoc in almost every ME country because of sticking our nose into where it doesn't belong.

That military and the Brotherhood wouldn't be as powerful as they are today if the US wasn't involved.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
First off, I'm Christian. The pre-emptive assumption that I'm a Muslim simply because I'm an Arab is idiotic to say the least.

Also, aren't you the people who invaded our nations and gave Israel billions and billions of dollars in military aid to kill innocent Palestinians?

You bombed Iraq, displaced hundreds of thousands of innocent people, supplied arms to the Syrian Free Army which have underwent so much corruption that it's barely recognisable, supplies 3 billion of foreign aid to a nation that wishes to ethnically cleanse a people and you call US the people who only killed a couple thousand Americans evil?

You are brainwashed. Stop interfering in our business, get out of our countries. Gamal Abd Al Nasser was right, democracy is something that we have to achieve on our own, as a united people.

Are you seriously telling me that after everything the U.S has done to the Arab world, that after all that bloodshed, we're the ones who should stop interfering?
Because US propaganda has people thinking we've done nothing but try to help the people in the ME and they turned on us via terrorism.

When, in fact, terrorism is the result of the US meddling in affairs it shouldn't and setting up governments for its own benefit until that leader becomes a liability and then it's time for a "new government".

Old 07-03-2013, 12:17 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
^^^^What a pathetic response.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:18 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:

Obama supported democracy in the form of fair elections and a Morsi victory over the Mubarak dictatorship. So did Egypt. So did you, probably. Now that you prefer mob rule over democracy, Obama is bad because he gave grudging support to your elected leadership. But you are right. We should stay out of the middle east. I have never been in favor of US meddling around the world, though I do understand why it is done.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:22 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Note to Obama: Stay out of it, fool.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:24 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,243,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So the military is going to step in.

And just who funds that military to the tune of $2 billion a year ?

ROFLMAO.
Exactly. So much for keeping our nose out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies