Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 12:24 PM

19 posts, read 15,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama supported democracy in the form of fair elections and a Morsi victory over the Mubarak dictatorship. So did Egypt. So did you, probably. Now that you prefer mob rule over democracy, Obama is bad because he gave grudging support to your elected leadership. But you are right. We should stay out of the middle east. I have never been in favor of US meddling around the world, though I do understand why it is done.
>Support a group which releases terrorists and appoints them to high positions of authority
>Bribed most of the population into voting for them
>Refuses to step out after 33 million people come out in the span of 2 days to protest against them.
>Replaces the entire parliament with pro-Brotherhood members

DEMOCRACY

Yes, Obama supports it.

(In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 12:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Obama supported democracy in the form of fair elections and a Morsi victory over the Mubarak dictatorship. So did Egypt. So did you, probably. Now that you prefer mob rule over democracy, Obama is bad because he gave grudging support to your elected leadership. But you are right. We should stay out of the middle east. I have never been in favor of US meddling around the world, though I do understand why it is done.
It's not about Obama. Go read up on the US involvement in the ME over the years.
And read about who got into power and how and why and when they fell from grace.

The US has had a very heavy hand in creating the mess you see today in the ME.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:31 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's not about Obama. Go read up on the US involvement in the ME over the years.
And read about who got into power and how and why and when they fell from grace.

The US has had a very heavy hand in creating the mess you see today in the ME.
I was speaking to a poster's assertion that America's lukewarm support for the democratically-elected Morsi was the cause of all of Egypt's current problems.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:32 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Completelyrandom View Post
First off, I'm Christian. The pre-emptive assumption that I'm a Muslim simply because I'm an Arab is idiotic to say the least.

Second of all, the U.S supported Morsi's regime and thus is involved in it.

Also, aren't you the people who invaded our nations and gave Israel billions and billions of dollars in military aid to kill innocent Palestinians?

The U.S has killed more Arabs than Arabs have killed Americans.

You bombed Iraq, displaced hundreds of thousands of innocent people, supplied arms to the Syrian Free Army which have underwent so much corruption that it's barely recognisable, supplies 3 billion of foreign aid to a nation that wishes to ethnically cleanse a people and you call US the people who only killed a couple thousand Americans evil?

You are brainwashed. Stop interfering in our business, get out of our countries. Gamal Abd Al Nasser was right, democracy is something that we have to achieve on our own, as a united people.

Are you seriously telling me that after everything the U.S has done to the Arab world, that after all that bloodshed, we're the ones who should stop interfering?

P.S: Radical extremists represent Arabs the same way the KKK represents Americans.
This makes sense to me.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:34 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Where is Moooooobarek. lol That is what they are getting back. Just like they wanted to begin with. Maybe dear leader will sit this one out instead of shoving another one of his islamist militant buddies to the front.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
I was speaking to a poster's assertion that America's lukewarm support for the democratically-elected Morsi was the cause of all of Egypt's current problems.
You have no idea and neither do I about any behind the scenes actions by the US.
That "lukewarm support" is the overt stuff you read about.

There are stories about CIA involvement in the Arab Spring.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:36 PM

19 posts, read 15,970 times
Quote:
Did I ever say that?

Did I ever once say that it was the cause of Egypt's current problems?

No.

I simply stated that the U.S caused the Brotherhood's rise to power by supporting them in the first place during the election days.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
I guess we will have to install someone to take charge. CIA has done it before. No big deal. Democracy was an interesting experiment, but I guess they were not ready for it.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:39 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
If the Egyptian people are lucky, they will end up with a relatively tolerant and humane autocrat. I don't see how it affects my interests as an American whether Morsi stays or not--that's Egypt's business.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:40 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,040 times
I only hope and pray that the Christian's in that country are able to be protected from the murderous islamists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies