Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 07:18 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I don't think most blacks are racist. You don't hear of blacks belonging to a group that calls itself "The Race" or insisting on unlimited immigration from all African nations because of race.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:36 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
And you are just as much a part of the problem as some white bigot, and just like them you refuse to see it.
4thand1 is what they call a provacateur, he or she is flaming.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:08 PM

199 posts, read 160,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
4thand1 is what they call a provacateur, he or she is flaming.
Except I'm not.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Originally Posted by BentBow
When you are raised to believe you are the victim, what do you expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Even though my black friends are not programmed or were brought up to believe this way. I have to believe in what you say.

Many blacks are programmed from an early age, to believe this crap. When you are told 24/7 your the victim, what do we expect.

Just listening to some on this forum, we all know this is true.
He|| yes it's true! I have to push away from these forums after my IQ drops 20 points from the contact stupid.

You nailed the crux of the problem. It's the way children are raised, absolutely. It doesn't matter what the color of their skin is. If they are trained to hate, think themselves victims, and only given negative garbage throughout their lives... they become racists, bigots, and haters destined to raise (or ?) their children exactly the same way. It's a vicious circle jerk.

Right on, right on, right on! Awesome observations cali-jewel.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:15 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't think most blacks are racist. You don't hear of blacks belonging to a group that calls itself "The Race" or insisting on unlimited immigration from all African nations because of race.
You've never heard of the Black Panthers, or Nation of Yahweh? What about Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam, who may not be listed as a hate group... but are. What about the hate that Rev. Wright preaches from his pulpit, much the same way white racist preachers did in the South?

I agree with you, most PEOPLE (every shade of brown) are not racists. It's the ones who can't see this truth and are stuck in a race hating time loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thand1 View Post
The hypocrisy of whites never ceases to amaze me.
Quote:
...and we also need to keep non-blacks at an arm's length. Yes, I said it.
Quote:
..and who's fault is that ? We've tried so hard to somehow live in peace, but your race wouldn't have any of that. It's every man for himself.
You're speaking for yourself, and nobody else. You are a race hating black man/woman, period.

Last edited by steven_h; 07-03-2013 at 09:28 PM..

Old 07-03-2013, 09:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I hate to say this, and I am sure I'm going to get blasted, but when watching whites and blacks interact with Asians, Hispanics, and people with accents, my fellow black citizens are far more likely to be rude, inpatient, or even go so far as to say derogatory things. Certainly, it is not everyone or even most people. Also people of my own race are far more likely to express bigoted statements about Asians, Hispanics, or people who are originally from another country, but that may have to do with their comfort level around me. Not surprisingly, more blacks express negative things about whites around me, than the other way around. By all means there are still bigoted whites, but as a whole most are not. I think it is a power perception thing. I have noticed people, of any race, who appear to be of a higher social status/higher education level, or perceive themselves as such when dealing with a person, are less likely to show overt signs of bigotry.
Agreed. It can get real weird when many Black Hispanics deal with "regular" Black dudes and ladies; word is the racism can fly both ways.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:18 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Guess what, one powerful guy, in powerful for a few years doesn't undo hundreds of years of no power.

Call me when congress is 12% Obamas and Condis, 20% Jeb Bushes, and 10% Nikki Haley, and looks more representative of the US population. Then maybe we can talk about power.

We need to stop pretending we are post racial. Race will always be an issue, we all have different perspectives that shape our experiences. As soon as we recognize it and move on we have hope. We can't pretend it doesn't exist. We can make sure that our differences do not divide us.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.
Uh; life in the US ain't that bad for most Black people; otherwise they'd be going to other countries like in Africa by the millions. Us "white" people ain't stopping them from leaving. Sheesh!

Asians and most US Hispanics: same race going by DNA.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Lol...who cares. Folks can think what they want.

Think I'm racist? Good...higher the chance that some idiot will leave me the hell alone.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:30 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; life in the US ain't that bad for most Black people; otherwise they'd be going to other countries like in Africa by the millions. Us "white" people ain't stopping them from leaving. Sheesh!

Asians and most US Hispanics: same race going by DNA.
Africa the country?

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:32 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Everyone is racist, everyone engages in racial profiling. If you say you don't you're just lying to yourself. It's part of the human experience. Learn to control it so it doesn't control you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies