Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 05:00 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It's not that they don't understand, it's that they are blinded by emotion and what they've been told to believe. They think as a group, they act by group, and enforce that group-think on their own - you cannot get thru to people like that.
Really? All black people suffer from groupthink? What exactly is your post above. Looks a lot like groupthink to me.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:05 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
I say hogwash.

Come to think of it,most blacks are racists...among themselves that is with the light skin dark skin crap. I see racism expressed toward themselves more than I see it expressed towards whites. Colorism I guess,maybe not racism though.

It is my opinion that non whites(hispanics and Asians) are 50% more racists than whites.
No one wants to talk about THAT though.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:05 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
American blacks cannot be racist by definition. Being racist requires being in power. Until blacks (or non-whites) hold the majority of the power in the US, it is impossible for a non-white person to be racist.

Being prejudice, as it has no relationship to power, is possible for people of any ethnic group.

This movie sounds like it will offer a great perspective on modern racism
Wardah Khalid: Boiling Pot: A Scalding Lesson on America's Enduring Racism
I was always under the impressed the presidency was a pretty powerful position. Matter of fact, most people would consider it the most powerful position on Earth, let alone this nation. It is time to rethink that arguement unless you want to assume we are permanently helpless.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
My question is why in 2013 when there are so many important issues. We are still in the same place about race.

I don't care who you are white, or black, get over the racist attitude, in 2013 we don't it.

Not wanted, and stop using race as an excuse.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:10 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
It's so funny that most people are so caught up with their pathetic little, petty conflicts and prejudices that they can't see the important stuff that goes on in this world.
Yup.
All this internal conflict,and it will be VERY easy for a foreign invader to come to our shores.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:21 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I was always under the impressed the presidency was a pretty powerful position. Matter of fact, most people would consider it the most powerful position on Earth, let alone this nation. It is time to rethink that arguement unless you want to assume we are permanently helpless.
Guess what, one powerful guy, in powerful for a few years doesn't undo hundreds of years of no power.

Call me when congress is 12% Obamas and Condis, 20% Jeb Bushes, and 10% Nikki Haley, and looks more representative of the US population. Then maybe we can talk about power.

We need to stop pretending we are post racial. Race will always be an issue, we all have different perspectives that shape our experiences. As soon as we recognize it and move on we have hope. We can't pretend it doesn't exist. We can make sure that our differences do not divide us.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:24 PM

199 posts, read 161,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
As a black person in America, I'm used to being viewed as something I'm not. What's new?
This. The only people who truly can understand what it's like to be black in this place is ourselves. We need to stop caring what others think of us.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:26 PM

...and we also need to keep non-blacks at an arm's length. Yes, I said it.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:26 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Guess what, one powerful guy, in powerful for a few years doesn't undo hundreds of years of no power.

Call me when congress is 12% Obamas and Condis, 20% Jeb Bushes, and 10% Nikki Haley, and looks more representative of the US population. Then maybe we can talk about power.

We need to stop pretending we are post racial. Race will always be an issue, we all have different perspectives that shape our experiences. As soon as we recognize it and move on we have hope. We can't pretend it doesn't exist. We can make sure that our differences do not divide us.

What difference does it make what race or skin color a politician is? Are you implying that black politicians should represent blacks, Hispanic politicians should represent Hispanics, white politicians should represent whites?

Old 07-03-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Yup.
All this internal conflict,and it will be VERY easy for a foreign invader to come to our shores.
..and who's fault is that ? We've tried so hard to somehow live in peace, but your race wouldn't have any of that.

It's every man for himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies