Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If Abortion Was Made Illegal What Should The Consequences Be For The Woman?
Nothing 2 3.08%
Mandatory Counselling 3 4.62%
Community Service 2 3.08%
Probation 1 1.54%
Jail Time 14 21.54%
I Don't Think Abortion Should Be Illegal 43 66.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 08:21 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
If it was me I would have order her Uterus be taken out. Having babies is serious business. so therfore serious consequences follow.
And to think that some people consider the Taliban to be barbaric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 08:27 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
That's stupid. They can always cross the border into Canada or Mexico.

Anyway,I would suggest the authorities stiffen the fines for not paying child support.
Maybe then men will learn to keep it in their pants,or get a blow up doll.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:34 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,660,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
That's stupid. They can always cross the border into Canada or Mexico.

Anyway,I would suggest the authorities stiffen the fines for not paying child support.
Maybe then men will learn to keep it in their pants,or get a blow up doll.
Something about this post begs for a Beavis and Butthead quote . . .

Old 07-03-2013, 08:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Gibson LP View Post
I've been thinking about this all wrong. I'm 100% in favor of making abortions illegal as long as there is no punishment or repercussion for anyone involved.
That won't provide any incentive for thinking twice about getting an abortion, while certainly encouraging the rise of secretive underground abortion services that never are inspected.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:55 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
If unicorns were real... would they eat grass or hay?

Old 07-03-2013, 09:04 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
My reason for posting this thread though is that pro-lifers seem to be rejoicing at the increased number of bills tightening restrictions on abortion, making it less safe and accessible, all the while not understanding that at some point these changes will have far reaching consequences such as women seeking out unsafe back-street abortions, or having to face penalties.

All the usual rabid pro-lifers have yet to post.....curious.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:11 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Notice how they claim that abortion is "murder," and not just "murder," but "murder" of the most innocent forms of human life, yet I have not seen a one of them yet call for the most severe punishments for the individual who makes the decision to "murder" and then contracts someone to perform the murder.

Why is this?

a. They don't really believe that fetus is a "baby."
b. They know that sentencing women to life in prison or executing them for these "murders" would turn people on the fence off.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:22 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Notice how they claim that abortion is "murder," and not just "murder," but "murder" of the most innocent forms of human life, yet I have not seen a one of them yet call for the most severe punishments for the individual who makes the decision to "murder" and then contracts someone to perform the murder.

Why is this?

b. They know that sentencing women to life in prison or executing them for these "murders" would turn people on the fence off.
Exactly. And most importantly, it would call for a major invasion of privacy to delve into the doctor-patient relationship. I just don't believe that this issue would be handled the same way by majority male politicians if they had to reveal details of each and every doctors visit, and have intrusive procedures against their will.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:28 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post

Why is this?

Plenty of prolifers support the death penalty, prison time or some kind of torture for women who get abortions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
My reason for posting this thread though is that pro-lifers seem to be rejoicing at the increased number of bills tightening restrictions on abortion, making it less safe and accessible, all the while not understanding that at some point these changes will have far reaching consequences such as women seeking out unsafe back-street abortions, or having to face penalties.

All the usual rabid pro-lifers have yet to post.....curious.
They don't care about women who die from illegal abortions or they will say that she deserved it for trying to murder her baby and escape the consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Sooooo..... what happens to the man who impregnates the woman? Does he get his penis cut off?

There are going to be a LOT of celibate men in your little world. (Where civil and human rights don't exist.)

Nothing because obviously those poor men were seduced by those evil Jezebels and shouldn't be held accountable for their actions. I am being sarcastic obviously.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:40 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I'd guess about what conviction for illegal drunks means probably not much in real terms. It was once illegal and those prosecuted where those performing them that I am aware of.in these days of ignoring law I doubt it would do much good like marijuana federal laws and harboring illegal aliens. One can pretty much do whatever turns one on in the right palace regardless of many laws. We have politician who even say I don't agree so I am going to ignore the law and direct people under me to do so too. Heck if I want to spy o people then that is what we will do regardless of search laws established by supreme court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies