Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 09:19 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
So what

Being obnoxious = deranged lunatic?

If so, that means Limbaugh, Hannnity, Beck, Palin, Levin, and half of the commentators at Fox need to be institutionalized.
Well Limbaugh should be in prison for buying drugs illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 09:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Wendy Davis is NOT defending infanticide. She is attempting to uphold the law of this land that states that abortion up to 24 weeks is legal, not to mention the cuts to women's health services that is the keystone of the Perry administration's policies.

As for the OP, what silliness. I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone is actually so mortified by the utterance of the word "satan."

Or perhaps those who think that some rabid portion of our population wants to see a return to the Salem Witch hunts era are not far off.
I don't understand all the outrage over 4 weeks.
What's the big deal here about 4 weeks ?

Perry didn't CUT anything. He refused to allow medicaid money to providers that perform abortions.
It was the Fed that CUT. So Texas used their own money and put together their own system.
And the court has upheld what Texas did several times over now.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:26 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
you’ll clearly hear the pro-abortion forces singing “Hail Satan” in unison in the background. It's toward the end.

The PJ Tatler » ‘Hail Satan’ — Pro-Abortion Protesters Clearly Chant as Pro-Lifer Addresses Capitol Crowd

I listened to that version, and it sounds like two, MAYBE three people saying it, not a crowd of people.

You do understand that people that say that do it to P off people, they do not really hail Satan.

AND IT WORKED ON YOU GUYS ...

It is PRO-CHOICE, I wish you people would get it right.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:37 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
I listened to that version, and it sounds like two, MAYBE three people saying it, not a crowd of people.

You do understand that people that say that do it to P off people, they do not really hail Satan.

AND IT WORKED ON YOU GUYS ...

It is PRO-CHOICE, I wish you people would get it right.
The right wing has very thin skin. They are so easily offended.

Nothing like they righties in Germany 1936.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:41 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Liberals now defend satan chanters in their quest to kill children. Can't make this stuff up. Brain damage.
Satan is just as made up as any other of your so called "Gods."

So in reality, they said nothing more provocative than "Hail the Easter Bunny."

Same difference. So really...why make a thread up about such meaningless nonsense?

Old 07-04-2013, 09:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I don't understand all the outrage over 4 weeks.
What's the big deal here about 4 weeks ?

Perry didn't CUT anything. He refused to allow medicaid money to providers that perform abortions.
It was the Fed that CUT. So Texas used their own money and put together their own system.
And the court has upheld what Texas did several times over now.
Better question is why does the Texas legislature feel they need to address this at all?
Is there some scientific basis for their action? If so, please share.

As for Perry not making cuts? Seriously?

Gov. Perry Cut Funds For Women's Health In Texas : NPR

Had he and the legislature not made the original cuts, the Feds wouldn't have acted as they did.
And that's working out well, isn't it?

"The state’s Health and Human Services Commission projects that — in the aftermath of stripping Planned Parenthood from over $70 million in funds that used to go toward its family planning services, in Texas lawmakers’ ongoing crusade to target the women’s health organization — low-income women will deliver an estimated 23,760 additional babies during 2014 and 2015 than they would have otherwise. "

Texas Republicans Reconsider Cuts To Women's Health Clinics After Realizing Unintended Pregnancies Are Likely To Rise | ThinkProgress

Old 07-04-2013, 09:47 AM

991 posts, read 1,110,136 times
Quote:
The only thing "mental" is folks who defend the most evil presence ever put forth on earth. Whether you believe in the dreaded devil or not you know what that represents and you folks defend it. Pure evil all around.
This is a tired argument that nobody is buying. You can keep saying it louder, but it doesn't make it true. I don't have a religious bone in my body...but I am certainly not evil and subscribe to a code of ethics (remember, morality does predate the Bible and Christianity).

One person chanting "satan" to a crowd does not evil make. Are you going to start decrying Milton for writing Paradise Lost?

Old 07-04-2013, 09:54 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The lefts casual blasphemy reflects the nihilism at the heart. They represent an extreme materialist philosophy only interested in total, unrestrained liberty, in the freedom to do whatever the Hell they want without any regard for ethics or the lives of others. They would do better to chant “Hail Ourselves!” for they are a movement of the human ego at its most monstrous.

You are mostly correct. However, the left hardly stands for "unretrained liberty". While promising total freedom, and holding up religion as the adversary of that, they work to take the most important freedom away. The freedom to disavree with them. This "hail Satan" drivel is nothing more than a childish attempt to be contrary. Adolescent rebellion. As it were. A rather pitiful way to show their contempt for Christianity, by using its anethema. As a Christian, I am neither sbocked nor angered by such a forlorn display. "They know not what they do" comes to mind, and Jesus weeps. Whether they know it, or not.

Let them have their "fun". It IS a free country still, last I checked. But it won't be, for much longer, if these rabid types have their way. Then, the only "expression" that won't be allowed is Christian expression. It will be the Greatest of the all Lies.

As Christians, we can do little, if anything, to stop this. Singing praisez and Halleluyahs, loudly in public, merely fuels tbeir hate. Personally, I hold my Faith in quiet reserve. Being angry with such pathetic displays as this, is not my place. The Lord is not angry, why should I be? He is saddened. And so am I. So, let them have their little joke. Those who think it's funny, let them have it to. I'm just going to shake my head and go on living.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:59 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Better question is why does the Texas legislature feel they need to address this at all?
Is there some scientific basis for their action? If so, please share.

As for Perry not making cuts? Seriously?

Gov. Perry Cut Funds For Women's Health In Texas : NPR

Had he and the legislature not made the original cuts, the Feds wouldn't have acted as they did.
And that's working out well, isn't it?

"The state’s Health and Human Services Commission projects that — in the aftermath of stripping Planned Parenthood from over $70 million in funds that used to go toward its family planning services, in Texas lawmakers’ ongoing crusade to target the women’s health organization — low-income women will deliver an estimated 23,760 additional babies during 2014 and 2015 than they would have otherwise. "

Texas Republicans Reconsider Cuts To Women's Health Clinics After Realizing Unintended Pregnancies Are Likely To Rise | ThinkProgress
Can you get any more biased than ThinkProgress regarding Texas politics ?

Well if there is a predicted "surge" in pregnancies in Texas then the government can deal with it then.
Is this same "surge" predicted for all the other states or just Texas because we don't fund PP ?

Old 07-04-2013, 10:15 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,507 times
Quote:
Deranged lunatics on display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Fx3vJNY6E
It shows the immature narcissism for someone to rebel against someone's religious beliefs.

But it is to be assumed because what else do they have to stand on - their arguments for killing innocent children (developing humans) are baseless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies