Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 10:29 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,633,045 times

Advertisements

I love watching the show "Bait Car". I've noticed that the majority of the carjackers are black. Very rarely do I see a white guy or even a mexican. Is it just the area that the show is filmed or are the majority of carjackings made by blacks? It's kind of hard not to have a complex when that's all you see. I am by far not racial but jeez....don't white guys steal cars too?

Old 06-21-2011, 10:33 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
I'm sure if they filmed in El Paso that the "clientele" would differ.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:35 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Oh trust me. Hispanics steal lots and lots of cars as well. I think it was just the area the program was filmed in

Old 06-21-2011, 10:38 PM

1,027 posts, read 824,843 times
Obamas regulation of carbon through the EPA caused companies to fire black workers leading them to commit car jackings..

Old 06-21-2011, 10:40 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
I love watching the show "Bait Car". I've noticed that the majority of the carjackers are black. Very rarely do I see a white guy or even a mexican. Is it just the area that the show is filmed or are the majority of carjackings made by blacks? It's kind of hard not to have a complex when that's all you see. I am by far not racial but jeez....don't white guys steal cars too?
Don't worry they'll get Nicolas Cage one of these episodes.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:51 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,633,045 times
Seriously though, why don't they film in other areas so that it doesn't seem like it's just blacks that steal cars? I'm trying to teach my kids that color doesn't matter but when they see shows like this it's pretty tough.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:55 PM

24,407 posts, read 23,065,142 times
All the ones I've seen are about 50% spanish mexican. Its all dependant on where you leave the bait car. if you do it in LA, expect to have mostly mexicans going after the car. You would have blacks going after it in any big eastern city. Whites would go after it in the suburban areas. Its just that you need a larger number of people around to get any takers and that means an urban area.
I am in the middle on this type of police work. You set very stupid people up with the temptation to steal a car. Its not like you leave a car in a high crime area and they have to work to and plan steal it. They leave the keys on the hood sometimes or in the ignition. The people that steal cars are losers and criminals, but is it fair to entice them to do a crime like that? If you'd leave a wallet on a counter or shelf and then arrest the person picking it up when he takes the cash out of it is that fair? How about leaving a six pack of beer on a playground and then arresting any kids who find it and drink it and charge them with under age drinking? What if you'd leave a bank money bag on the street and arrest anybody that picked it up and kept it?
The show is funny when you see these idiots realize they've been had and I don't have any sympathy for them. But its not the best police work you'll ever see.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:02 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,259 times
Quote:
Seriously though, why don't they film in other areas so that it doesn't seem like it's just blacks that steal cars? I'm trying to teach my kids that color doesn't matter but when they see shows like this it's pretty tough.
...it's a good and noble thing to teach your kids that color doesn't, or shouldn't matter...sorry to say, but in the real world it does matter...and for anyone to tell you it doesn't, well they're not being honest.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:03 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:

... I am by far not racial but jeez....don't white guys steal cars too?
Yes.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:13 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
If you'd leave a wallet on a counter or shelf and then arrest the person picking it up when he takes the cash out of it is that fair? How about leaving a six pack of beer on a playground and then arresting any kids who find it and drink it and charge them with under age drinking? What if you'd leave a bank money bag on the street and arrest anybody that picked it up and kept it?
The original Dracula, (Vlad the Impaler), placed a golden chalice in the middle of the town for visitors to drink from, and any townspeople that were caught stealing it were executed, period. Kind of the same theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies